Qianchen Yang - Strongest deep set in the world? GHP 10 training

Anemptybox

Quick and intense. Insane strength 

• Like 1

Ivan: I'm aware of David's attempt and it's absolutely incredible. Not sure how their grippers compare but assuming they're equal (highly unlikely), Qianchen's attempts looks a bit better. I think it's clear David is stronger with grippers overall though, Qianchen is not at his level when it comes to wider sets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anemptybox said:

Ivan: I'm aware of David's attempt and it's absolutely incredible. Not sure how their grippers compare but assuming they're equal (highly unlikely), Qianchen's attempts looks a bit better. I think it's clear David is stronger with grippers overall though, Qianchen is not at his level when it comes to wider sets.

I don't remember the exact digit now, but this ghp10 is near my bb pro, which is 110kg...

2 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

Most of Qianchen's strength is eccentric/isometric holding strength, Where david excels overall is his dynamic strength, David can close from an MMS or wider what Qianchen can't break parallel on, Hence Qianchen's leg set

• Like 1

Yes, I'm mostly referring to Qianchen's top end/deep set strength, though he is on the exclusive GHP 9 list using the block. David reps the GHP 9 with the block so his wide set, like I wrote, is definitely stronger. Regardless of set I think it's pretty amazing seeing someone hold the GHP 10.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, Anemptybox said:

Yes, I'm mostly referring to Qianchen's top end/deep set strength, though he is on the exclusive GHP 9 list using the block. David reps the GHP 9 with the block so his wide set, like I wrote, is definitely stronger. Regardless of set I think it's pretty amazing seeing someone hold the GHP 10.

Both just unreal strength. Any idea of Qianchens height and weight? 

4 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Both just unreal strength. Any idea of Qianchens height and weight? 

Not sure about height but his bodyweight was 82 kg two years ago and his build looks very similar right now. Hand length around 20 cm.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

Not sure about height but his bodyweight was 82 kg two years ago and his build looks very similar right now. Hand length around 20 cm.

That makes him all the more impressive if only 82kg/180lbs. The vast majority of big crush grips are 100kg+.

• Like 1

You need to be fairly big with alot of upper body strength to properly hand set a gripper, Its like jedd said you don't want spaghetti arm when you're setting

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 11/27/2021 at 12:32 PM, Ryroza said:

I hope he will get interviewed or do a Q and A session

Same I just started to do negs and holds with my new ghp 10 and they are no joke. Wish we know the rgc strength of the ones they attempted.  They can be as low as 240s and as high as 320 up. Mine feels much much stronger than my strongest 4. So maybe it's a 265-270 rgc.  No clue. Have you exercised with them Rosa as well.👍 🏋‍♂️? I can't wait to get some rated from Cpw to have something to gauge its rgc strength against.

8 hours ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Same I just started to do negs and holds with my new ghp 10 and they are no joke. Wish we know the rgc strength of the ones they attempted.  They can be as low as 240s and as high as 320 up. Mine feels much much stronger than my strongest 4. So maybe it's a 265-270 rgc.  No clue. Have you exercised with them Rosa as well.👍 🏋‍♂️? I can't wait to get some rated from Cpw to have something to gauge its rgc strength against.

I will never be able to close let alone set a 270rgc gripper...and I believe that the majority of ppl who are actually able to.. will enter snap city. We should do negatives in the range of what we can actually close, and I'm referring to traditional negatives and not the sweep version negatives which is clamping strength (imo).

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 6:09 PM, Ryroza said:

I will never be able to close let alone set a 270rgc gripper...and I believe that the majority of ppl who are actually able to.. will enter snap city. We should do negatives in the range of what we can actually close, and I'm referring to traditional negatives and not the sweep version negatives which is clamping strength (imo).

Please elaborate on sweep version negatives? Don't think I've heard this before 

3 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I seen two fellas on youtube setting only as deep as credit card. I personally don't consider it a negative, but only call it that to be friendly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, Ryroza said:

I do negatives with coc4s and on strong days with my GHP10, but i use my other hand and no legs to do the negative. And if hands are sore I wont do negatives at all. I think these are the safer way to do them. And yes many folks have entered snap city using legs or clamps to force big negatives well above their close.. Yikes. I do believe safe negatives help shock the grip and strength muscles to creep beyond ones limits though. :)

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, Ryroza said:

I dont think Ive ever seen anyone one hand or set close a 270-300RGC gripper Rosa(So it will be a world record feat when someone pulls it off) . David  Shamey I rem brought a 245- 250 rgc GHP 10 very close but no close though. I think ghp 10s and grippers in the range above are still uncloseable  (unless your talking two handed  upperbody help chest  crushes or something-And thats not really a grip strength alone close) by human beings lol

Edited by ShelluvstheMostHigh

On 5/21/2022 at 7:37 AM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Hey Terry :D... Its Shel. .Hows it going my brother. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ShelluvstheMostHigh said:

Hey Terry :D... Its Shel. .Hows it going my brother. 

Hey bro what's up?? Glad to see you on here man 

• 7 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:06 AM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Hey bro what's up?? Glad to see you on here man 

Yes my brother good to be seen and Praise god we have another new year of Good Health.. How is your Feb Going ?

:).. Be sure to check my close with the 2.5 with CPW Bumper at Max. Working on being able to TNS it easy with both hands and a Filed 3 is my next target gripper

Edited by ShelluvstheMostHigh
Just updating
  • Like 1