NEW CAPTAIN OF CRUSH - VINNIE DID IT!

Hubgeezer

Yes, this was buried someplace else on the forum, but this needs everyone's full attention. Here it is, from IronMind's website yesterday evening:

https://ironmind.com/news/Vincent-Rivellese-Certifies-on-the-Captains-of-Crush-No.-3-Gripper/

Perhaps the best series of quotes by Vinnie on any Cert writeup ever; it's great. 

Congratulations Vinnie!

Hbgzr

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

THANK YOU!  I am really, really happy.  I've disregarded all other training for months to focus on this and then got set back with a terrible cold AFTER they sent me the gripper, so had to wait a couple weeks to make the attempt while the unopened package sat tantalizing me and tempting me to try it as soon as I could.  

This Monday I was back at work and did a few closes to see how I felt, seemed pretty close to how I was when I asked for the cert, so I shot over to Anton's and he and Anthony helped me vid.  Those two are my mentors and great friends.

I consider this an accomplishment up there with the things in my life I am most proud of doing, things like my education and my job, things that I had to earn.  There are very few good feelings like those you get when you reap the rewards of your own efforts!

• Like 25

Just now, Vinnie said:

THANK YOU!  I am really, really happy.  I've disregarded all other training for months to focus on this and then got set back with a terrible cold AFTER they sent me the gripper, so had to wait a couple weeks to make the attempt while the unopened package sat tantalizing me and tempting me to try it as soon as I could.  

This Monday I was back at work and did a few closes to see how I felt, seemed pretty close to how I was when I asked for the cert, so I shot over to Anton's and he and Anthony helped me vid.  Those two are my mentors and great friends.

I consider this an accomplishment up there with the things in my life I am most proud of doing, things like my education and my job, things that I had to earn.  There are very few good feelings like those you get when you reap the rewards of your own efforts!

Are you allowed to have the package sitting for a while before you attempt it?, Thats the thing thats been holding me back from applying for the cert myself, I'll be chasing that leaderboard myself soon, Great job on the cert big man

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Are you allowed to have the package sitting for a while before you attempt it?

While I do not believe there is an official time limit, it is clear on their website that you are encouraged to make the attempt within days of receiving the package.  I was keenly aware of all the rules and was willing to do the attempt despite the cold, but I expected I would fail because I was pretty sick.  So I inquired of them whether I should make the attempt while sick or wait until I felt better.  They told me it was ok to wait until the cold passed, but they noted that they appreciated my keeping in touch about it because they do prefer you to do the cert when you request it and felt that my reason was good and the additional delay not too long.  So I think the point is, you request and do the cert when you are ready, not in anticipation of being ready, but they are reasonable about unforeseen circumstances.  

Edited by Vinnie
  • Thanks 1

Incredible and HISTORiC certification by Vinnie. Only 2 men over 50 years of age have certed with Ironmind credit card requirement - Richard Sorin and now Vinnie Rivellese. Inspiring story Vinnie has and wonderful perseverance. Enjoy young man💪

Edited by Kluv#0
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations!

• Like 1

WOW!  Just WOW!  What an accomplishment!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

congrats Vinnie!

I liked so many posts today that it won't let me like yours, but LIKE!  Thanks, Bill

• Like 1

Vinnie proves it’s not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog- well done sir 👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Vinnie proves it’s not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog- well done sir 👍👍👍👍👍

Thanks, Adam!  Always nice to hear encouragement from the top tier.  Looking forward to attending a Texas meet in 2022.  You guys know how to do it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Thanks, Adam!  Always nice to hear encouragement from the top tier.  Looking forward to attending a Texas meet in 2022.  You guys know how to do it.

On that note I’ll get the date pinned down and let you know by end of week. I’m thinking April will be first big meet we host. 

• Like 1

Congratulations Vinnie! Huge accomplishment 

• Like 2

Just now, Boulderbrew said:

Congratulations Vinnie! Huge accomplishment 

Thanks, Tanner!  As i said to Adam I will say to you, it is always great to hear from the Texas crew.  Rhyme unintended.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Yes, this was buried someplace else on the forum, but this needs everyone's full attention. Here it is, from IronMind's website yesterday evening:

https://ironmind.com/news/Vincent-Rivellese-Certifies-on-the-Captains-of-Crush-No.-3-Gripper/

Perhaps the best series of quotes by Vinnie on any Cert writeup ever; it's great. 

Congratulations Vinnie!

Hbgzr

Congrats buddy!!! 👊🏻😎

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Congrats man! Lot of turmoil behind your story which makes the cert even more impressive. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Huge congrats Vince, you are a beast!!

• Like 1

Awesome work Vin! I seen this on Facebook earlier and was waiting for the official Gripboard announcement! Well deserved and I'm excited to see where you go from here! 

• Like 1

Congrats! Great achievement!

• Like 1

With all the ccs vs mms discussions in the past, there is a big difference in the two. Depending on hand size it can be 15-25lbs. Difference in the two. Then you have Vinnie at 52 getting it done … very impressive! It’s very humbling for a parallel set trainee to put the card in there and seem weak haha. Why bother with that set at all? Especially if the ccs improves your deep set but not the other way around.

Edited by slazbob
  • Like 1