My grip tool collection!

Terry Conjugate Iron

59 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I'd still take them with me looool

I'm a bit of a gripper junky. When the CoCs finally arrived earlier this year I swear I'd carry one in my pocket around the house. My girl was like: 😐😑😶

now that's funny. My family laughs at my grips stuff.. Some people just don't get, why you need 20 grippers or 15 sledgehammers.. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

20211127_080722.jpg.dc35e73d76956b71d8c75c90757de070.jpg

I love that! i might even print it out and hang it on my wall.

• Like 1

Your not the only one,I keep some at work in my tool box , some in my lunch box for the ride home,

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Hahaha she'd be like: "Is that a gripper in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Welp... No way it could reach all the way to my side pockets so that was definitely a gripper LOOOOL

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

11 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Your not the only one,I keep some at work in my tool box , some in my lunch box for the ride home,

I'm glad to be "normal" in this community. People outside grip and strength training don't really get us. 

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

now that's funny. My family laughs at my grips stuff.. Some people just don't get, why you need 20 grippers or 15 sledgehammers.. 

Haha they don't get it! I revealed my gripper wall to a buddy of mine the other day and he was like dude wtf haha... He liked it though cause he's a strength guy and works with tools so... He can relate 

19 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I only have the CROM spring which has a very hard sweep and is nearly impossible to set.

You can do your CCS work with the vulcan and your deep set work with COC and have the best of both worlds.

You could also decide to get the vulcan with the orange spring instead of the CROM spring this spring acts similar to the COC grippers meaning that is also ramps up ans that the close is hardest part of the range of motion.

The set and the sweep are very hard with the CROM spring but the close isn't.

Thanks for the tips about the Vulcan. I agree it's not hard to get a credit card between the handles on the adjustables(at least not my RB). It's a fairly wide spread which I like for building additional hand strength. I will look for the orange spring if I ever purchase the Vulcan, thanks again Erik!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks for the tips about the Vulcan. I agree it's not hard to get a credit card between the handles on the adjustables(at least not my RB). It's a fairly wide spread which I like for building additional hand strength. I will look for the orange spring if I ever purchase the Vulcan, thanks again Erik!

Any time mate glad I could help!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I'm glad to be "normal" in this community. People outside grip and strength training don't really get us. 

I know I am going off topic but what are your squat bench and deadlift?

I love watching powerlifting despite not being strong myself.

My best numbers are a 110 kg bench for a 3x5 and 180 kg hack squat for a 3x5 (I can't deadlift because of an accident I have had in the past).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilErik said:

My best numbers are a 110 kg bench for a 3x5 and 180 kg hack squat for a 3x5 (I can't deadlift because of an accident I have had in the past).

In competition:

Powerlifting: 235kg squat, 165kg bench and 240kg deadlift. Achieved twice in 3 years span due to injuries which really held me back

Gym lifts: 250kg squat, 170kg bench and recently a 240kg x 3 reps

Strongman:

Axle deadlift a few months ago in contest: 275kg

I rotate exercises weekly. So I do lots of variations of the main lifts. My broken body handles that better in the long term. 

• Like 2

Just now, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

In competition:

Powerlifting: 235kg squat, 165kg bench and 240kg deadlift. Achieved twice in 3 years span due to injuries which really held me back

Gym lifts: 250kg squat, 170kg bench and recently a 240kg x 3 reps

Strongman:

Axle deadlift a few months ago in contest: 275kg

I rotate exercises weekly. So I do lots of variations of the main lifts. My broken body handles that better in the long term. 

Damn great numbers man you are a beast!

• Thanks 1

You can see all these lifts and so much more on my YouTube channel under the same name. I post tutorials and clips of my progress. I'm a Westside Barbell certified strength coach lol shameless promotion 🎉💃👌🦛

• Like 1

Just now, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

You can see all these lifts and so much more on my YouTube channel under the same name. I post tutorials and clips of my progress. I'm a Westside Barbell certified strength coach lol shameless promotion 🎉💃👌🦛

Westside barbell and the conjugate method are awesome!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Damn great numbers man you are a beast!

Appreciate it man... 6 years of injuries really kinda ruined my stretch since 2015. I was entering Iceland's strongest man contest in 2016 and I injured my spine very badly. Went from 250kg pull to 60kg in a few months back then 

5 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Appreciate it man... 6 years of injuries really kinda ruined my stretch since 2015. I was entering Iceland's strongest man contest in 2016 and I injured my spine very badly. Went from 250kg pull to 60kg in a few months back then 

Damn man I am sorry to hear that I know what it's like having to deal with injuries.

I have a whiplash and although I am pain free I will never be able to deadlift heavy or squat heavy.

I also can't handle any heavy axial loading.

Axial loading makes me incredibly dizzy.

I also know what it feels like losing all of your strength.

I got injured doing grippers and I was closing the second highest setting on my ivanko 174 rgc.

I then did something incredibly stupid I attempted it again without resting and ended up with a knuckle injury.

After resting for like 2 weeks I went back to training grippers and lost like 5 months worth of progress

Edited by DevilErik
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Damn man I am sorry to hear that I know what it's like having to deal with injuries.

I have a whiplash and although I am pain free I will never be able to deadlift heavy or squat heavy.

I also can't handle any heavy axial loading.

Axial loading makes me incredibly dizzy.

I also know what it feels like losing all of your strength.

I got injured doing grippers and I was closing the second highest setting on my ivanko 174 rgc.

I then did something incredibly stupid I attempted it again without resting and ended up with a knuckle injury.

After resting for like 2 weeks I went back to training grippers and lost like 5 months worth of progress

Damn dude... I can relate believe me. I had bicep and elbow tendinitis from a very dumb log press attempt in summer of 2020. Lasted 10 months. Haha that stuff sucks but I guess when you push yourself to a certain point it is ... Expected 

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Damn dude... I can relate believe me. I had bicep and elbow tendinitis from a very dumb log press attempt in summer of 2020. Lasted 10 months. Haha that stuff sucks but I guess when you push yourself to a certain point it is ... Expected 

Yeah man I felt like quitting grip forever  but I decided to not be a bitch about it and just keep going. Thankfully I am now back to full strength.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Also after coming back to grippers I went straight back to doing attempts.

I had been doing this for a while thinking I had gained a significant amount of strength. Turns out I only got good at that specific part of the range of motion.

I have probably wasted a years worth of progress but oh well I just love grippers.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Also after coming back to grippers I went straight back to doing attempts.

I had been doing this for a while thinking I had gained a significant amount of strength. Turns out I only got good at that specific part of the range of motion.

I have probably wasted a years worth of progress but oh well I just love grippers.

I know right?? It's crazy how most aspects of grip are not connected. Happens to me too, I dropped the grippers for a month or so and I went from doing the #2 with a CCS to barely been able to close it lol after that absence 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I know right?? It's crazy how most aspects of grip are not connected. Happens to me too, I dropped the grippers for a month or so and I went from doing the #2 with a CCS to barely been able to close it lol after that absence 

Yeah I think that's because of grippers being so CNS dependant you lose neuromuscular efficiency pretty fast.

Not doing pinch or thickbar for 2 weeks does not hurt my progress at all I will just keep all of my gains.

When it comes to  grippers though  I can only take about a week off before I start losing strength.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Yeah man I felt like quitting grip forever  but I decided to not be a bitch about it and just keep going. Thankfully I am now back to full strength.

Yeah I think that's because of grippers being so CNS dependant you lose neuromuscular efficiency pretty fast.

Not doing pinch or thickbar for 2 weeks does not hurt my progress at all I will just keep all of my gains.

When it comes to  grippers though  I can only take about a week off before I start losing strength.

I know right? It's like "you've abandoned us so we abandoned you" haha

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice collection. I like all the different brands. I have about 7-8 different brands of grippers and I enjoy how the feel different when training with them.