FBBC Hard (77-79kg RGC) - left hand DS, CoC-3,5 - DS & 3,5 micro reps, and Standard Gripper Wolfram (Tungsten) DS attempt

Ivan Pupchenko

At today's training session, I managed to DS close FBBC Hard at 77-79kg RGC  by left hand - this is my PR for the left.
In addition, I already closed my heavy CoC-3.5 for 3.5 micro reps much more confidently.

The main part of today's training I was planning try to DS closing Standard Gripper Wolfram.

To begin, I will express my opinion about gripper - the first and most striking is a hellish knurling! Much more angry than BB and GHP. So angry that I ripped a piece of skin from my palm on first attempt. In part, of course, this was because I hadn't trained grippers for two months due to the final part of preparation to KK and my skin had lost its strength. But only partly. The gripper knurling felt like I was trying to squeeze the full palm of razor blades!. And ... I liked this! This can be used instead of geranium or other pre-workouts) The same invigorating effect))) The load of the new spring is about 90kg RGC and I hope it does not decrease significantly - because this figure is exactly what I need in my training. The spring is very soft, with a smooth ride and without a surge of load at the end - it will only be a pleasure to work with such gripper. The only thing I could change in this gripper is to make the edge of the handle a little more rounded, because the tendon of little finger will take a very long time to get used to such a sharp edge digging into it .. In general, I am very grateful to Matt Cannon for this device and Anar Shiraliev for such a Royal gift! This is exactly what I needed to motivate in training!!! 

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

At today's training session, I managed to DS close FBBC Hard at 77-79kg RGC  by left hand - this is my PR for the left.
In addition, I already closed my heavy CoC-3.5 for 3.5 micro reps much more confidently.

The main part of today's training I was planning try to DS closing Standard Gripper Wolfram.

To begin, I will express my opinion about gripper - the first and most striking is a hellish knurling! Much more angry than BB and GHP. So angry that I ripped a piece of skin from my palm on first attempt. In part, of course, this was because I hadn't trained grippers for two months due to the final part of preparation to KK and my skin had lost its strength. But only partly. The gripper knurling felt like I was trying to squeeze the full palm of razor blades!. And ... I liked this! This can be used instead of geranium or other pre-workouts) The same invigorating effect))) The load of the new spring is about 90kg RGC and I hope it does not decrease significantly - because this figure is exactly what I need in my training. The spring is very soft, with a smooth ride and without a surge of load at the end - it will only be a pleasure to work with such gripper. The only thing I could change in this gripper is to make the edge of the handle a little more rounded, because the tendon of little finger will take a very long time to get used to such a sharp edge digging into it .. In general, I am very grateful to Matt Cannon for this device and Anar Shiraliyev for such a Royal gift! This is exactly what I needed to motivate in training!!! 

Very powerful! I've actually never seen the FBBC grippers on video. Just the photos from the website. Beautiful grippers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Very powerful! I've actually never seen the FBBC grippers on video. Just the photos from the website. Beautiful grippers

Yes, these are very rare collectible grippers now! Chrome springs have their own characteristics, but this particular gripper has been in work a lot and it has a smooth ride. A very friendly and pleasant gripper to train with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Yes, these are very rare collectible grippers now! Chrome springs have their own characteristics, but this particular gripper has been in work a lot and it has a smooth ride. A very friendly and pleasant gripper to train with. 

Amazing job with that #3.5 as well. Are you an arm wrestler? Cause I noticed you're wearing the elbow warmer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Amazing job with that #3.5 as well. Are you an arm wrestler? Cause I noticed you're wearing the elbow warmer 

Yes, armwrestling is one of my favorite sports! But a heating pad, elbow warmer - always on the elbows, and warm clothes on body in the cold season - shown as just an intelligent person who carefully treats the only single set of his joints, and not just only armwrestler))) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Yes, armwrestling is one of my favorite sports! But a heating pad, elbow warmer - always on the elbows, and warm clothes on body in the cold season - shown as just an intelligent person who carefully treats the only single set of his joints, and not just only armwrestler))) 

In strength sports, elbows and knees are very important. So yeah I also use elbow sleeves when I'm pressing etc.. 

• Like 2

You're always welcome, @Ivan Pupchenko!

Awesome results as always! Best of luck in crushing Wolfram in the nearest future 👍

@Cannon as I told you before, we are very thankful for the invention of Standard grippers!

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the review! 

The spread should not change in any material way. All Standard grippers have reps on them regardless of whether or not they were rated. It’s all part of trying to keep them in tighter zones. So the ride should stay smooth if you keep the spring oiled.

Glad you like the knurling! The sharpness continues to get rave reviews and can always be lightened up if desired. 

🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

The only thing I could change in this gripper is to make the edge of the handle a little more rounded, because the tendon of little finger will take a very long time to get used to such a sharp edge digging into it ..

Nice attempt 👍. I noticed same thing about the edge it is sharper but it is a tough gripper. I wouldn't be surprised if the you could close +1/2 rgc on coc after you can close that tungsten.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

Nice attempt 👍. I noticed same thing about the edge it is sharper but it is a tough gripper. I wouldn't be surprised if the you could close +1/2 rgc on coc after you can close that tungsten.

Thank you Ivan! To accurately assess its impact, will need several grippers with slight differences in load. I've never been a big fan of grippers closing. Much more I liked holding silver bullet, and for this I did not need a large collection with a small step of the weights. I have a few heavier than -4 grippers, with a step that allows me to train comfortably, and I plan to return to that when I'm back in good shape. My -4 has 92-94kg rgc and I know what I can do with it. If there are any changes after the closing this Tungsten - I will post about it! 

• Like 1