The GripBoard Official Who is Going to be the First to Close an IronMind #4 (new rules) Thread

Bill Piche

There seems to be several on the verge and others up and coming as well to officially close the #4 with the credit card set. Who you got!?

I will start with my prediction: David Shamey

• Like 3

My personal opinion carl could do it right now! He’s just waiting for the right time.

• Like 4

Whoever can pull this feat off, they need to sign their butt up and get it done.

2 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

There seems to be several on the verge and others up and coming as well to officially close the #4 with the credit card set. Who you got!?

I will start with my prediction: David Shamey

David is not someone who practices wide sets or credit card sets. His specialty is mms, due to his hand size it would be criminal to ask of him to close average 4 or higher with card. 

Edited by Ivan Cuk
  • Like 2

Absolutely Carl Myerscough 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Whoever can pull this feat off, they need to sign their butt up and get it done.

I was thinking that because it’s such a big deal, they have to wait because of covid. I don’t think they would do the send and video for such a certification. You almost have to have a ref. I could be wrong, but that’s the right thing to do. 

6 hours ago, slazbob said:

I was thinking that because it’s such a big deal, they have to wait because of covid. I don’t think they would do the send and video for such a certification. You almost have to have a ref. I could be wrong, but that’s the right thing to do. 

IMO, Ironmind is doing great with requiring exacting and entire video of opening, CC insert, gripper close. Essentially same as Gripboard MM requirements. Gripper closed under these conditions is preferable than a ref watching with not so great video of CC insert, close.

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

IMO, Ironmind is doing great with requiring exacting and entire video of opening, CC insert, gripper close. Essentially same as Gripboard MM requirements. Gripper closed under these conditions is preferable than a ref watching with not so great video of CC insert, close.

I agree.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Yeah for no.3 or 3.5 but I’d say the ref is important for such a big deal. Again, I’m just wondering….could be Carl doesn’t feel ready yet.

I also believe in Carl to be the next (first). 

15 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

David is not someone who practices wide sets or credit card sets

This. Carl can do it right now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

This. Carl can do it right now 

Agree. Okay, what do we need to get this going? Does he need to be bribed?

• Haha 6

I have met Carl twice: 2018 King Kong in San Diego, and 2020 King Kong at Haugen’s place in Newbury Park (45 miles Northwest of Los Ángeles). 

I found him to be a reserved, pleasant, low key, cautious fellow.

I don’t remember if he said on 3, or 4, occasions he had credit card closed a number 4. He humbly stated there was a big difference between that, and being ready to Certify. I didn’t ask him “Hey man, what was the RGC Rating on that?”. I just listened, and never told a soul, posted anywhere, etc. Until just now. That was in late October, 2020.

So, needless to say, my Vote is on Carl.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Agree. Okay, what do we need to get this going? Does he need to be bribed?

Money is a great motivator 😁 im surprised Strossen hasn't put up a cash prize flrst person to cert #4 CCS, same goes for GoldNail cert. Put up money and both will go down!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Money is a great motivator 😁 im surprised Strossen hasn't put up a cash prize flrst person to cert #4 CCS, same goes for GoldNail cert. Put up money and both will go down!

That was already offered years ago.

11 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I have met Carl twice: 2018 King Kong in San Diego, and 2020 King Kong at Haugen’s place in Newbury Park (45 miles Northwest of Los Ángeles). 

I found him to be a reserved, pleasant, low key, cautious fellow.

I don’t remember if he said on 3, or 4, occasions he had credit card closed a number 4. He humbly stated there was a big difference between that, and being ready to Certify. I didn’t ask him “Hey man, what was the RGC Rating on that?”. I just listened, and never told a soul, posted anywhere, etc. Until just now. That was in late October, 2020.

So, needless to say, my Vote is on Carl.

Yeah, I wouldn’t doubt he’s waiting to get that 216 GHP 9 ccs closed then he’ll be ready.

the chance of getting something higher than that is there, but not likely.

11 minutes ago, slazbob said:

That was already offered years ago.

I didnt know that. Can you elaborate?

26 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

I didnt know that. Can you elaborate?

I’m a little fuzzy on the details…but I believe Richard Sorin had offered $1000 or something like that to do it by a certain date. I may be off on the details, but it was offered.

17 hours ago, slazbob said:

I’m a little fuzzy on the details…but I believe Richard Sorin had offered $1000 or something like that to do it by a certain date. I may be off on the details, but it was offered.

You may be correct. On the other hand, I KNOW he offered $1000 for the first woman to Certify on the Number 3. I know,  because I went on récord to throw in $100 as well. There was an expiration date. Seems like that was about 10 years ago now, maybe even longer. I don’t know if there was a guy on the 4 offer or not.

I don’t believe “Grip Guys” would respond to money offers. I think they are plenty motivated already. I think it would take at least $10,000 to motivate a nongripster to invest the time to do it(Strongman, NFL Player, Powerlifter, General Freak of Nature). And I think most of them would discover just how hard it is. 

i believe Track and Field Throwers would have the best chance of pulling off the feat. Ever seen Shot Legend Valerie Adams, NBA’s Steve Adams’ sister? I am convinced she would have a good chance of closing the 3. And, not a surprise to me a former “weight man” (Carl) is knocking on the door right now…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

You may be correct. On the other hand, I KNOW he offered $1000 for the first woman to Certify on the Number 3. I know,  because I went on récord to throw in $100 as well. There was an expiration date. Seems like that was about 10 years ago now, maybe even longer. I don’t know if there was a guy on the 4 offer or not.

I don’t believe “Grip Guys” would respond to money offers. I think they are plenty motivated already. I think it would take at least $10,000 to motivate a nongripster to invest the time to do it(Strongman, NFL Player, Powerlifter, General Freak of Nature). And I think most of them would discover just how hard it is. 

i believe Track and Field Throwers would have the best chance of pulling off the feat. Ever seen Shot Legend Valerie Adams, NBA’s Steve Adams’ sister? I am convinced she would have a good chance of closing the 3. And, not a surprise to me a former “weight man” (Carl) is knocking on the door right now…

I think a woman certification on the no.3 is more impressive than a man and the no.4

but I agree about the money. It takes a lot of dedication and work and many other things to be able to certify the no.4 with the cc. And if someone was able to do it, they would do it because of the sacrifices and work they put into it…they wouldn’t need the money motivation. It’s different than the no.3 of course. There are plenty who just don’t certify and can. The no.4 is very special.

2 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Richard Sorin had offered $1000 to person, which can cert to CoC#4 on his meet on birthday

Yes that sounds like what it was. The Woman #3 offer was later. 

12 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Yes that sounds like what it was. The Woman #3 offer was later. 

Wasn't aware there was ever an offer for this but be interested to see if Becca can get the #3 certed now she's won the world's strongest woman title. Fits in pretty well with her next contest too as it has both Donnie hold and an anvil carry.

• Like 1