"250 LB" Gripper accomplishment.

SkyHeart

After returning home from the store ( and 4 days off grip training ) i warmed up and repped twice in each hand, waited, then repped the gripper 4 times in both hands. New record for me! :D I assume it is a good sign of me crawling toward my goal of one much more difficult than what i cruised with ease today. :) 

• Like 6

On 11/9/2021 at 4:30 PM, SkyHeart said:

After returning home from the store ( and 4 days off grip training ) i warmed up and repped twice in each hand, waited, then repped the gripper 4 times in both hands. New record for me! :D I assume it is a good sign of me crawling toward my goal of one much more difficult than what i cruised with ease today. :) 

Congrats man. Every PR feels so good. What’s the goal right now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Congrats man. Every PR feels so good. What’s the goal right now?

It sure does! At the moment my next milestone is closing my "350 lb" powerball gripper. I know it may take a couple years but, i suppose anything can happen :) I'm also hoping to build up to at least perform negatives with my GHP 10 eventually ! I should probably look into grabbing a ghp7 or coc 3 since that would be closer to my reach at the moment xD How about yourself? any current goal in mind? :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

It sure does! At the moment my next milestone is closing my "350 lb" powerball gripper. I know it may take a couple years but, i suppose anything can happen :) I'm also hoping to build up to at least perform negatives with my GHP 10 eventually ! I should probably look into grabbing a ghp7 or coc 3 since that would be closer to my reach at the moment xD How about yourself? any current goal in mind? :D

Nice. Yeah I think any 350lb gripper is a tough gripper. My biggest goal right now is certing the coc 3 can close my 3 from a ccs  almost every attempt right now just want to get a bit stronger before attempting the cert.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Nice. Yeah I think any 350lb gripper is a tough gripper. My biggest goal right now is certing the coc 3 can close my 3 from a ccs  almost every attempt right now just want to get a bit stronger before attempting the cert.

You'll get there before you know it :D I have to keep myself from getting restless about a milestone, such as when wondering how long it will take. Should i do this or do that. Am i getting this wrong or not enough. then i just remember how theres a lot of determinations how our hands perform and how they change just about daily. I've kinda come to find the "ups and downs" a fun part of the journey. 

Whatever method you're using, i know it'll work great for you ! I have this old "200" gripper that I began incorporating very slow closes on, or holding it in place and attempting reps as many times as i can until near fatigue. Seems like an interesting addition to my routine. 

• Like 2

Update: just crushed it 7 times in a row, in both hands! Creeping up on that "300 lb" status >;) I really oughta post a video of my closes on here sometime!