MT new bending journey

Kluv#0

46 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I really don't know much about various bending styles, but I do know this Heslep style if done with wraps touching is brutally hard for most. The hard part for me is trying to get in position to crush down away from body. 

Gotta get the chest Krusher. I feel it would be helpful for this style. I was just at a place getting wire mesh for some concrete. The guy at the yard was struggling with bolt cutters to cut the wire ties. It was real thick wire in his defense…. I cut right through it and told my dad the Chest Krusher should be a business expense.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, matek said:

Nice! It's always really cool to see Heslep style bends 💪

Thanks Muscles! I enjoyed this style the best but my forearm extensors, thumbs beg to differ. Heslep is the only style that the wraps don't fall off for me and no technique required, LOL

38 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Glad to see you're back into it. Hopefully you We'll stay healthy. You've got some great videos very inspirational. You're a good Dude. Thank you for everything

Appreciate the kind words John- feelings are mutual!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Heslep Style Ironmind Blue Nail "Attempt". approx. 90 degree resulting bend. We had a yard sale week ago and I found my 6 remaining blue nails and IM wraps. Due to not being able to wrap properly and other grip goals I gave away $700+ of bending supplies to my buddy who now resides Mumbai. Have not bent anything since late November '21. I have mucho respect for all types of bending and when I hear people say it's not grip, I shake my head! I will try an IM Blue once a week for a month and hopefully get it closed away from body. I had done several closer blue nails but not filmed back in November'21

heslep.png

He can bend too?! What a beast of a man you are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Muscles! I enjoyed this style the best but my forearm extensors, thumbs beg to differ. Heslep is the only style that the wraps don't fall off for me and no technique required, LOL

I bet😄, cool bend! I think I will experiment with it in the future when I'm more experienced in grip. Now it just seems like a recipe for elbow problems (for me).

Yeah getting IM wraps tight can be difficult. Btw ECGB has a cert list for Heslep style. No one on that list yet (no surprise 😅)! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Appreciate the kind words John- feelings are mutual!

Just buy leathers man, cordura is not good wraps. That's why they slip off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Just buy leathers man, cordura is not good wraps. That's why they slip off.

Agreed, you want the wraps as tight as possible on the steel to prevent any slipping. One wrong slip and it could be a nightmare of an injury. If you want the feat to still be challenging then I suggest buying DHWOG suede wraps. These are on par, and sometimes harder, than using IM wraps but they grip the steel perfectly and have a nice stretch.

• Like 2