My ultra wide set is stronger than my CCS

DevilErik

36 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Nearly 607 euros my god that is expensive

That's what it costs. It's not expensive at all if you compare it to making one yourself. It's way cheaper in USA. Only the material and manufacturing process will cost at least twice as much here in Sweden.

Best way to get a good Inch DB replica in Europe is from PMB Germany. It's not casted it's CNC-machined. I had one, I payed roughly 900€ for one shipped to my door.

You can get ugly globe style DB casted in China from strengthshop.de. That's cheap and they are really ugly. But they do the same job as a nice one. Although the handles are a bit longer so they does the job but will probably not feel exactly the same as a good replica.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Do not waste your money on a rolling thunder. It’s the worst rolling handle on the market. I would get a 60 mm wrist wrench. If you want a rolling handle you can get a much better one in many of the other manufacturers out there with the cheapest being a titan fitness handle. You want one that will spin consistently and unfortunately the RT does not. As long as you have a hammer , plates to pinch and your fat grips unless you plan to compete thats really all you need, man. No point in going crazy with all the implements if you don’t plan to compete in them. I would, however recommend the wrist wrench 100%. Arm assassin strength shop sells a good one and I believe he may ship to the Netherlands.

I agree don't bother with the RT. Get the 60 mm rolling handle from Robert Baraban instead. handgripper.net is his webshop.

12 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Do not waste your money on a rolling thunder. It’s the worst rolling handle on the market. I would get a 60 mm wrist wrench. If you want a rolling handle you can get a much better one in many of the other manufacturers out there with the cheapest being a titan fitness handle. You want one that will spin consistently and unfortunately the RT does not. As long as you have a hammer , plates to pinch and your fat grips unless you plan to compete thats really all you need, man. No point in going crazy with all the implements if you don’t plan to compete in them. I would, however recommend the wrist wrench 100%. Arm assassin strength shop sells a good one and I believe he may ship to the Netherlands.

Awesome thanks for answering my question.

The reason why I want a thick rolling implement is because the  db with bands over it isn't really working that well I mean I can progress on it but the range of motion is tiny because of me trying to hold on to the db while the bands are pulling it down. Attaching a handle directly to the bands would be much better because of that.

17 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Ty for mentioning that I will just get a rolling handle and stop spending money on grip stuff for a while.

I am not planning to compete at least not in the near future.

28 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I just want to be mad strong all around.

I at least want ALL of my lifts to be advanced preferable world class but then again I don't know what my limits are.

Edited by DevilErik

Then that’s really all you need, grip wise. There is not much that’s needed. Oh and one more thing, an axle. I prefer the 2 3/8 icon or 60mm axle Over the 2 inch for the grip factor 

Is an axle different than a standard bar with fatgripz on it?

Just now, Joe Sullivan said:

People could end up spending a lot of money on all these goofy implements when really all you need is a few things. Meat and potatoes.People could end up spending a lot of money on all these goofy implements when really all you need is a few things. Meat and potatoes.

I agree I would have been one of those people if it wasn't for you and other people on this forum.

Ah so axles are thinner I never knew that.

Edited by DevilErik

16 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Then that’s really all you need, grip wise. There is not much that’s needed. Oh and one more thing, an axle. I prefer the 2 3/8 icon or 60mm axle Over the 2 inch for the grip factor . But since you already have the fat grips an axle is not really needed I just prefer the feel of steel

Awesome then I just need the wrist wrench thanks for your help bro I appreciate it.

No, I’m saying the axle is as thick as you have it made. They also have 3 inch axles..... I’m just saying the fat grips blue is thicker than a 2 inch axle and the orange is thicker than a 2 3/8 inch but you can have one made whatever size you want... so just stick to the fat gripz then.

Yeah I know that. What I meant  was that I did not know that standard axles were thinner than blue fatgripz . I should have mentioned that I was talking about a standard axle.  I thought a standard axle was bigger than the blue fatgripz but smaller than the orange ones. (I have never touched an axle in my life.)

I will just stick to my fatgripz.

4 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yes, you don’t need anything else. If you could only have one thing the fat grips are it.

I have learnt some new stuff thanks for helping me out.

Now that I know what I need and don't need I can begin my journey to mad hand strength.

9 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

What does your millennium trainer weight empty? That’s a cool device.

Around 85KG.

What Joseph is is right. RT isn't constant. WW from Luke is good. Or if you want a rolling handle get some from FBBC or European LGC made. The Inch cost is right but you can always take a used one going for cheap, but there isn't that much around you I assume. Go with WW or a rolling handle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Around 85KG.

What Joseph is is right. RT isn't constant. WW from Luke is good. Or if you want a rolling handle get some from FBBC or European LGC made. The Inch cost is right but you can always take a used one going for cheap, but there isn't that much around you I assume. Go with WW or a rolling handle.

I really want a good handle I could use with bands I don't have the money to buy a loading pin with plates right now. At the  moment I am hooking bands over my 45 lbs DB with a fatgripz extreme on it. The problem however is that the bands pull down so hard on the DB that the range of motion is almost non extistent.

So I would like to get a good rolling handle that I could use with bands so I can start progressing again. Thanks for chiming in I appreciate it.

I am a big fan btw I am subscribed to your youtube channel and have watched most of your videos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I really want a good handle I could use with bands I don't have the money to buy a loading pin with plates right now. At the  moment I am hooking bands over my 45 lbs DB with a fatgripz extreme on it. The problem however is that the bands pull down so hard on the DB that the range of motion is almost non extistent.

So I would like to get a good rolling handle that I could use with bands so I can start progressing again. Thanks for chiming in I appreciate it.

I am a big fan btw I am subscribed to your youtube channel and have watched most of your videos.

If you are a gym member then you don't need to buy plates. If not then just find a way like hooking a rolling handle to scrap metal or something. You can find a scrap 2 inch pipe and use it as a loading pin. Heck you can create homemade rolling handle from scrap metal too. Get 3 pipes each one is bigger than the other. The biggest should be around 2.375 to 2.5 inches and use a chain to pass through the middle and a carabiner or a scrap hook. This will act as a good rolling handle much harder than IM RT. Be sure the 3 pipes are not rated or very minimal rust. There are always ways and very cheap too. You can also always keep using your fat gripz as it does the job too.

And thanks 👊🏻😎 With your handsize, dedicated training and staying injury free, you will achieve great grip strength! 

• Like 1

On the subject of training for the inch probably the best product out there outside of an actual dumbbell i'd say would be the Arm Assassins wrist wrench, A solid 2.375" with a slippy surface and rolls right out of your hand

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

If you are a gym member then you don't need to buy plates. If not then just find a way like hooking a rolling handle to scrap metal or something. You can find a scrap 2 inch pipe and use it as a loading pin. Heck you can create homemade rolling handle from scrap metal too. Get 3 pipes each one is bigger than the other. The biggest should be around 2.375 to 2.5 inches and use a chain to pass through the middle and a carabiner or a scrap hook. This will act as a good rolling handle much harder than IM RT. Be sure the 3 pipes are not rated or very minimal rust. There are always ways and very cheap too. You can also always keep using your fat gripz as it does the job too.

And thanks 👊🏻😎 With your handsize, dedicated training and staying injury free, you will achieve great grip strength! 

I think I am going to try and make some stuff thanks for the suggestions!

The problem is every thing that is going on in the world right now going from lockdown to lockdown which would mean making progress and then losing all of it later because of not having the proper stuff at home.

Thanks man I am going to do my very best to get as strong as possible.

I have been injured twice due to being dumb with grippers but I went from training them 3 times a week to once which is a lot better and allows me to progress on other aspects of grip strength.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yes! And if you can lift 100 on the wrist wrench means for some that they can lift the inch. 

Damn that is awesome

Edited by DevilErik

6 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

On the subject of training for the inch probably the best product out there outside of an actual dumbbell i'd say would be the Arm Assassins wrist wrench, A solid 2.375" with a slippy surface and rolls right out of your hand

I should definitely get a wrist wrench then!

6 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I've found out that the cheapest way you can get a loading-pin and weights is by buying a cheap parasol stand. It has a tube in the right size and usually a 15 kg weight. If you look for a cheap version you can get this for the price of one loading-pin. That is cheap, a 15 kg round shaped weight and a pin for that money can't be beat. You can even get wheels on them if you pay a little bit more, which makes the implement easy to move to different spots without having to unload the weights.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I've found out that the cheapest way you can get a loading-pin and weights is by buying a cheap parasol stand. It has a tube in the right size and usually a 15 kg weight. If you look for a cheap version you can get this for the price of one loading-pin. That is cheap, a 15 kg round shaped weight and a pin for that money can't be beat. You can even get wheels on them if you pay a little bit more, which makes the implement easy to move to different spots without having to unload the weights.

That sounds awesome! I did manage to find a good loading pin that happens to be very cheap as well but it is out of stock right now. It's 15 euros

Edited by DevilErik

17 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

That sounds awesome! I did manage to find a good loading pin that happens to be very cheap as well but it is out of stock right now. It's 15 euros

If you go with a smaller diameter loading-pin. Buying weights will be cheaper. It's easy to make a pin but only if you have access to a welding machine.

I started to train plate curling a few months ago. In the process I realized how much cheaper it is to use other stuff instead of weight lifting stuff. I will post a link to what I mean since I have no clue what it's called in english.

02151-1_2.jpg

14 kg block for roughly 2€. That's like nothing. The cheapest weight plates I've ever found was 2€ per kilogram.

I'm thinking of buying a bunch of these and just drill a hole in the middle of them. There are even larger ones but the price is still just a slow. You can get fancier ones as well, still cheap :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

If you go with a smaller diameter loading-pin. Buying weights will be cheaper. It's easy to make a pin but only if you have access to a welding machine.

I started to train plate curling a few months ago. In the process I realized how much cheaper it is to use other stuff instead of weight lifting stuff. I will post a link to what I meand since I have no clue what it's called in english.

02151-1_2.jpg

14 kg block for roughly 2€. That's like nothing. The cheapest weight plates I've ever found was 2€ per kilogram.

I'm thinking of buying a bunch of these and just drill a hole in the middle of them. There are even larger ones but the price is still just a slow. You can get fancier ones as well, still cheap :D

That is genius! 

My welding is the worst lol 

I could just get a loading pin and a bunch of those.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

That is genius! 

My welding is the worst lol 

I could just get a loading pin and a bunch of those.

Yes for sure. It's not worth it unless you have a welding machine at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Just get a pipe with threads the diameter of the plates and screw on a pipe phalange for the base and it’s cheap. So easy and does the same thing.

Awesome thanks for the tip!