David Shamey, Level 8

Cannon

David is going for Level 8 and it seems like he has a very good chance. Seeing as how the MM7 looked like a toy!

This certification is partially sponsored by Cannon PowerWorks! David had some prize money left over from the Joe Kinney contest and we are shoring up the difference to get this gripper out to Russia. 

image.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yeah, my only question is whether it will be both hands.  But good luck, David.

• Like 3

On 9/24/2021 at 11:29 PM, Vinnie said:

Yeah, my only question is whether it will be both hands.  But good luck, David.

I am still very concerned about the injury of the finger on my left hand, but the right one feels very strong, there are no questions there)

• Like 5

14 hours ago, SeNoLD said:

I am still very concerned about the injury of the finger on my left hand, but the right one feels very strong, there are no questions there)

Feel better, and of course, no one is asking or hoping for you to risk further injury, just interested in your progress.

As an aside, and Matt Cannon would know this, I think:  what if someone wants to try one of the mash monsters off hand?  So, if David does 8 with his right hand and not left, either because he fails left or does not want to risk injuring it, can he send for MM8 again -- after getting it righty -- to try it lefty?

On a much smaller scale, I might have the same question re" MM1.  My left is getting stronger and it had not occurred to me to try MM1 lefty when I did it righty.  Can I send for it to try it lefty?  Not even sure today would be the day, but since I have been peaking, I thought of it.

Left had = hospital

Right hand = cemetery

1 hour ago, Joe Sullivan said:

What happened to your finger, David? Didn’t know you had an injury .... get better soon!

In this exercise, the ring finger has moved out of the joint, now movements to the sides cause severe pain.
GONr6PXcRLs.jpg?size=1024x682&quality=96&sign=6b241a1d0c8ce558977192f702e2854d&type=album

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

As an aside, and Matt Cannon would know this, I think:  what if someone wants to try one of the mash monsters off hand?  So, if David does 8 with his right hand and not left, either because he fails left or does not want to risk injuring it, can he send for MM8 again -- after getting it righty -- to try it lefty?

Yes, no reason you cannot circle back lefty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Yes, no reason you cannot circle back lefty. 

I may ask for MM1 again soon to try lefty.  I am not sure I can do it lefty but I might be close, and since the set is easy on that gripper, that's probably my toughest issue lefty so maybe.  Anyway, not yet but good to know.

• Like 1