John Brzenk made a YouTube channel

stranger

Looks like he just made it in the last couple of days. I figured it belongs here. Here's one of the videos.

• Like 1

John does make a great point about arm wrestling not being lucrative enough to gear up like some of the guys do.. never really thought about it that way.

but then again, people gear up pretty heavily for equally not as lucrative exploits. Powerlifting and strongman are 2 sports that come to mind. It’s my understanding that the only notable way to make money powerlifting is sponsors and a big YouTube channel. Because the meets themselves don’t pay jack.

ive been told strongman doesn’t pay well.. but when Shaw throws around hundreds of thousands at his own competition, with seemingly not much in the way of sponsors, it does make me question if strongmen get paid as poorly as some like to suggest.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

.ive been told strongman doesn’t pay well.. but when Shaw throws around hundreds of thousands at his own competition, with seemingly not much in the way of sponsors, it does make me question if strongmen get paid as poorly as some like to suggest.

Top level Strongmen definitely make more than top level Powerlifters. Although with events like Big Dawgs and CERN powerlifting is finally getting some more money into it. 

It is nice but some of these guys can quit their 9:00 to 5:00 jobs and sell merch, personal training and training programs along with YouTube revenue to make a living. 

But with that being said the best single ply lifter right now (in my opinion, Blain Sumner) has a full-time job and works so much that he has to drink his chicken rather than eat it. 

• Like 1