Wheels

Tommy J.

I’m gonna go ahead and just say it. Larry is a bonafide puller now. I’d say he could beat close to 90% of all active pullers these days.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2

I watched most of this last night and Larry's definitely looking good. Do you know anything about the match he's planning in doing and how do you think he'll place?

Devin on the other hand. Jesus dude, 12 hours after his fight he still has the best attitude and is having fun pulling with and helping these guys out?! Dudes the best. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stranger said:

I watched most of this last night and Larry's definitely looking good. Do you know anything about the match he's planning in doing and how do you think he'll place?

Devin on the other hand. Jesus dude, 12 hours after his fight he still has the best attitude and is having fun pulling with and helping these guys out?! Dudes the best. 

I don’t know who Larry is pulling, or when. But admittedly am excited to see whatever match he’s gonna have. If I were to randomly pick an opponent that would be fun to see Larry pull, I’d pick current Don Underwood, or maybe even current Nick Zinna. I’m not sure Larry could beat either of them right hand, but do suspect he’s ready for either of those guys left hand right now. And both of those guys would still be big and impressive wins for Larry, even given their current not as good as they once were conditions.

and yes, I agree! Devon is a class act. I’m glad to see he’s okay after the fight and as all there mentally.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I’ve never been on the Larry hype train and probably never will be but he does look pretty good on the table now.

I can’t help but like the guy. He’s one of the only guys out there in his position that seems so willing to shamelessly try new endeavors. Regardless of the outcome, he also appears willing to post those endeavors for us all to see.

almost as if pride isn’t a concern for him. I dig it. Anyone else equal with or near his status quo is going to duck, dodge, and avoid any situation that they feel might make them not look invincible. Larry does not. Can you imagine how Eric Lilliabridge, for example, might handle being pinned over and over on YouTube for more than a year?.. my guess is not as good as Larry.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

don’t know who Larry is pulling, or when. But admittedly am excited to see whatever match he’s gonna have

I believe he is pulling Brandon Allen in December. Powerlifter vs powerlifter in an AW match. Should be fun to watch 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I agree with what you’re saying..yes he’s a great sport ... he just never appealed much to me. You know what I’m saying. Some people just don’t jibe with some more than others. So many people  worship the guy or get so crazy over him.... I’m not one of them....I’m not saying I dislike him by any means, don’t know him, maybe if I met him in person I would feel differently but I just don’t get crazy fan  boy  over him either but he’s definitely super strong and got a Good product for sure though. 

Funny part is, Larry doesn’t appear to have many “fan boys”. Like, hardly any it seems. If you surf the comments below his videos, you see mostly people saying what your saying. The “fanboys” I cannot seem to locate. Lol

it actually seems like the majority who follow him are a bunch of guys who think they can outlift him “if if if xyz”.

Its very odd.

guys like Devon and Levan are guys who have the die hard fanboys.

Larry mostly has a huge following that fap to the thought of him get injured or getting out performed.

3 hours ago, stranger said:

Update: Larry got smoked by a 80-85kg Ukrainian. 

https://youtu.be/mT4nt41d76k

Thanks for the update.

not at all trying to make excuses for Larry by pointing this out.. because even Devon himself said in Larry’s video above that anyone pulling there that day that also planned to pull the tournament was foolish.

I would like to point out that it is a definite factor that Larry pulled hard 3 days prior to this update video where he lost to the Ukrainian. And Larry pulled hard with Devon Larratt of all people..

so this update shouldn’t count any more for Larry’s overall standing in the sport any more than it would if Devon lost to the exact same guy under the exact same circumstances.

I’ve even heard elite guys on or near Devon’s level all say that they won’t pull anyone hard at a practice within even a month before a big match that they are taking serious. Obviously many of them have done that… probably numerous times throughout their careers. But by and large, vetted pullers know that coming in with any fatigue is a fine way to get beat.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I’ve even heard elite guys on or near Devon’s level all say that they won’t pull anyone hard at a practice within even a month before a big match that they are taking serious. Obviously many of them have done that… probably numerous times throughout their careers. But by and large, vetted pullers know that coming in with any fatigue is a fine way to get beat.

That's a crazy amount of rest time. With that being said, Larry definitely knew he should have rested longer but probably just had that "Itch" to compete. Good for him though, looks like he genuinely enjoys arm wrestling and didn't make any excuses when he lost to a guy that's probably 80 lbs smaller. I think he'll do well vs Brandon Allen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, Joe Sullivan said:

Tendons take a lot longer to recover in between sessions. It’s ridiculous.

Random of me to add this, but thanks for that reminder. I often forget about Tendon recovery time vs muscle and CNS recovery xD I was just reading this whole thread then noticed this bit at the end and was all " oh .. right ! " 

That's why pure rest is harmful for tendons, they don't have a direct blood supply so the act of movement is essential for pushing fluid around. You shouldn't be doing normal exercises of course, just super light movement for awhile and basic stuff like walking is always helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1