Gripmas 2021

Tank Andrade

I have four block weights and an arm wrestling table I could sell on the gripboard and bring to the comp if anyone at the comp is the buyer or lives near the buyer.  I will post in the for sale section.  The block weights are half dumbells 70, 75, 80, and I think 85 and the arm wrestling table is pretty nice.  Might list other things as well but those I just don't use and are in storage now, so it is silly to pay to keep them around not being used.

• Like 3

GRIPMAS IS COMING!

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 4:20 PM, Tom Flesher said:

if you make it I can give you your plates. Enough Incentive?

@liftyzig

Hey man, I've made arrangements so I plan on being there!

• Like 3

I just contacted Chris. My girlfriend works for animial nutrition and is donating lots of stuff for prize packages. She got them to sponsor.  It’s on its way to Chris 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gripmas is only a week away !  we have some awesome prize packages donated from Animal nutrition, Charter Arms and more !

Hit me up this week with any questions or with your breakfast sandwich choice.

203 -465-3169

Look forward to seeing everyone !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tank Andrade said:

awesome prize packages donated from Animal nutrition, Charter Arms

I'll take Kibbles N Bits and a loaded .38, please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I'll take Kibbles N Bits and a loaded .38, please!

This gonna happen at the comp

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/35496275-63ef-466a-900e-895b8cfd5336

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Tank Andrade, @Eric Roussin-- are results for Gripmas going to be posted here, on grip sports int'l top 100, etc.?  I know the overall results like who won, etc., I just like to look at the actual numbers, so I've been hoping to see them posted somewhere.  Not rushing anyone, just wondering if it is planned.

Also, since I am asking:  lately I have been to a few comps where there was an event contested that is not listed in the events on the top 100, and so we didn't get those numbers posted online.  In a couple of those events I was interested to know where I might compare to the best times in my weight class, because I did pretty well but not well enough to compare to the world records.  Examples:  Jedd's 2020 comp: there was a saxon bar that never made it into the leaderboards, I think it was 2.5?; 2020 Gripmas: Baseline Dynamometer; 2021 Gripmas: Silver Bullet, Napalm 2HP, Napalm 2 3/8 rolling handle.  There have been times in the past when a new event was added to the events listed on the top 100, but not these.  I'm a bit of a numbers geek and also I get some of my motivation from looking at the events on which I have a chance of reaching the top of my weight class, so I look for these things more ardently than some folks I guess.  

Not meaning to rush anyone as to anything, just interested to know what's getting posted, happy to wait to actually see it.

Cheers all,

Vin

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Hi @Tank Andrade, @Eric Roussin-- are results for Gripmas going to be posted here, on grip sports int'l top 100, etc.?  I know the overall results like who won, etc., I just like to look at the actual numbers, so I've been hoping to see them posted somewhere.  Not rushing anyone, just wondering if it is planned.

Also, since I am asking:  lately I have been to a few comps where there was an event contested that is not listed in the events on the top 100, and so we didn't get those numbers posted online.  In a couple of those events I was interested to know where I might compare to the best times in my weight class, because I did pretty well but not well enough to compare to the world records.  Examples:  Jedd's 2020 comp: there was a saxon bar that never made it into the leaderboards, I think it was 2.5?; 2020 Gripmas: Baseline Dynamometer; 2021 Gripmas: Silver Bullet, Napalm 2HP, Napalm 2 3/8 rolling handle.  There have been times in the past when a new event was added to the events listed on the top 100, but not these.  I'm a bit of a numbers geek and also I get some of my motivation from looking at the events on which I have a chance of reaching the top of my weight class, so I look for these things more ardently than some folks I guess.  

Not meaning to rush anyone as to anything, just interested to know what's getting posted, happy to wait to actually see it.

Cheers all,

Vin

Generally, the order is the contest promoter emails the results to Jedd, who then forwards them to me for data entry. I haven’t received the Gripmas results yet, but once I do they will be entered within a day or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Roussin said:

Generally, the order is the contest promoter emails the results to Jedd, who then forwards them to me for data entry. I haven’t received them yet, but once I do they will be entered within a day or two.

Thanks, Eric!

• Like 1

Finally got the results to Eric. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks again to everyone for coming. Awesome group !

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tank Andrade said:

Finally got the results to Eric. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks again to everyone for coming. Awesome group !

Thanks for another great comp!  Keep 'em coming!

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2021 at 3:02 PM, Eric Roussin said:

The Napalm's Nightmare results can now be found in the GSI database.

@Tank Andrade - would you post the results in this thread?  or forum?  I saw they were added to the grip sports overall stats, but that doesn't cover silver bullet and medley, and also it's fun to review the standings (and I know I came in 6th of 11, right in the middle of the pack, so I'm not looking to find out how I did, I just like to look at the results).

On 12/18/2021 at 3:02 PM, Eric Roussin said:

The Napalm's Nightmare results can now be found in the GSI database.

Thanks again, Eric.  Question:  in Gripmas last year there was a Dynamometer event, and in Jedd's comp in 2019 or 2020 there was a Saxon bar event, neither of which ever made it into the grip sports database.  Also, silver bullet doesn't seem to be in there.  I am not sure you can or want to do anything about that, but I noticed the absence because they were all PRs for me, so I went looking to see if any were weight class records, and I discovered they were not in the database.

14 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Thanks again, Eric.  Question:  in Gripmas last year there was a Dynamometer event, and in Jedd's comp in 2019 or 2020 there was a Saxon bar event, neither of which ever made it into the grip sports database.  Also, silver bullet doesn't seem to be in there.  I am not sure you can or want to do anything about that, but I noticed the absence because they were all PRs for me, so I went looking to see if any were weight class records, and I discovered they were not in the database.

Not every event is currently tracked in the database. Events do periodically get added, based on the direction of the GSI Executive. To be honest, right now aside from Jedd I’m not sure if this includes anyone else. So your best bet would be to contact Jedd via email. 

The Saxon Bar was added a year or so ago, and a few different brands are recognized. It’s likely that at the time this event was included in Gripmas it was not yet being tracked in the database. If someone is willing to track down these past results, confirm which Saxon Bar was used, and email them to me (eroussin@rogers.com), I can take care of entering them.

I believe the issue for the Silver Bullet and the dynamometer is that there can be variability across grippers and brands.

While I was part of the GSI Executive in the past, I haven’t been for a couple of years, but I continue to volunteer my services for data entry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

name                       Silver bullet                 2HP NN                2 3/8' 1H NN             Medley

Jedd Johnson         (4) 23.66sec               137k                      93k                            6/6

Chez Richezza        (4) 15.73sec                 112k                     82k                            5/6

Tim Butler               (4) 7.93sec                   107k                     90k                            5/6

Luke Raymond        (4) 3.43 sec                 130k                    85k                             5/6

Clint Zigler               (4) 6.41 sec                 107k                     84k                             5/6

Anthony Clarino      (3.5) 14.15 sec              85k                      61k                             3/6

Evan Norton            (2.5) 9.66 sec               100k                   82k                              5/6

Vinny Revellese       (4) 15.29 sec                 110k                    75k                             4/6

Tom Flesher             (3) 3.9 sec                   91k                      73k                              4/6

Corey Allen              (2) 6.35 sec                  87k                     66k                              2/6

kenyi Frisancho       (2) 17.41 sec                 78k                     62k                                2/6

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tank Andrade said:

name                       Silver bullet                 2HP NN                2 3/8' 1H NN             Medley

Jedd Johnson         (4) 23.66sec               137k                      93k                            6/6

Chez Richezza        (4) 15.73sec                 112k                     82k                            5/6

Tim Butler               (4) 7.93sec                   107k                     90k                            5/6

Luke Raymond        (4) 3.43 sec                 130k                    85k                             5/6

Clint Zigler               (4) 6.41 sec                 107k                     84k                             5/6

Anthony Clarino      (3.5) 14.15 sec              85k                      61k                             3/6

Evan Norton            (2.5) 9.66 sec               100k                   82k                              5/6

Vinny Revellese       (4) 15.29 sec                 110k                    75k                             4/6

Tom Flesher             (3) 3.9 sec                   91k                      73k                              4/6

Corey Allen              (2) 6.35 sec                  87k                     66k                              2/6

kenyi Frisancho       (2) 17.41 sec                 78k                     62k                                2/6

Thanks, Tank!

• Like 1