Gripmas 2021

Tank Andrade

Hi guys just want to announce date and events for this years Gripmas competition :

In the middle of buying a house packing etc. so most likely going to be at a new location this year. More info to follow.

events will be:

2 hand pinch on the Napalms nightmare. (2" pinch blocks). this is a 6"lift to a crossbar

Silver Bullet- standard rules apply 2 attempts

1 hand Napalms nightmare ( 2.375" rolling handle) also a 6" lift

Infamous gripmas medley  more info to come.

Saturday  Dec 11th.  at 10 am

sandwiches,  prizes etc

$40 entry fee

sure im forgetting something any questions hit me up with a DM or text me at 203-465-3169

• Like 9

Looking forward to it chris 

• Like 2

I'm in!! 

• Like 3

In!

I will miss the gun factory, especially because my girlfriend, whom I met just weeks after the last Gripmas, is a retired cop and she would probably have loved to see it.  Also liked the old cars.

Question re: silver bullet, because this may affect how I train.  Do you know the RGC rating of the number 4 gripper that will be used?.

• Like 1

Great! Tim Butler is gonna try to get me to come...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/17/2021 at 11:33 AM, Vinnie said:

In!

I will miss the gun factory, especially because my girlfriend, whom I met just weeks after the last Gripmas, is a retired cop and she would probably have loved to see it.  Also liked the old cars.

Question re: silver bullet, because this may affect how I train.  Do you know the RGC rating of the number 4 gripper that will be used?.

Vin  I believe my #4 is 208lbs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tank Andrade said:

Vin  I believe my #4 is 208lbs

Thanks, 3.5 it is then (208 will probably be too rich for my blood).  I THINK Jedd has a COC 4 under 200 (I am sure he has several COC 4s, but I think I recall that one of them is under 200).  Someday I will have to try to SB that one.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys have an update for ya. I forgot how insane moving is. So this years Gripmas carrol will be held one more year at charter arms.

All my equipment  is already there, and the clocks a tickin lol.

@Vinnie Tell your girl !  and a may be able to get my hands on said #4

Medley stuff getting planned now

thanks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tank Andrade said:

Ok guys have an update for ya. I forgot how insane moving is. So this years Gripmas carrol will be held one more year at charter arms.

All my equipment  is already there, and the clocks a tickin lol.

@Vinnie Tell your girl ! 

Medley stuff getting planned now

thanks

Awesome!  Very happy to hear about the venue, but sorry for the moving snafus.  I'll be there, in search of a silver bullet PR, good friends, and a sausage egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.   I've been focusing on grippers exclusively for a couple of months, still improving and making a run for whatever certs I can snag before age brings me to the other side of the strength mountain, so I might have a shot at a good SB on whatever you're using.  Hey, I could bring my low-rated 3.5 (165!); if we use that, EVERYONE will PR lol.

Regardless of PRs, I am really looking forward to it -- I've been to both of your Gripmases, was near the top of the finishers at one, was near the bottom of finishers at the other, and had a blast at both.  I recommend it to anyone on the Board here who is considering it - great comps with great people, great venue, great events, medley is fun, just sign up and show up!  Chris (Tank) runs a great comp!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question, theres little difference but are the 2" blocks the 2x4" or 2x5" ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, liftyzig said:

Quick question, theres little difference but are the 2" blocks the 2x4" or 2x5" ?

2x4”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to hijack Tank's thread, but who's coming to GRIPMAS?  @Tank Andrade, @Anton.Torrella, @Anthony C., @Tom Flesher, @Andrew S(Sasso?), @Climber028, @climber511@Chez, @temmmeeee, @liftyzig, @JStepien, @Jedd Johnson?  Those are most of the usual suspects, but anyone else coming?  I'll be coming from Suffolk County, Long Island, happy to pick anyone up along the way to Connecticut ...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Not trying to hijack Tank's thread, but who's coming to GRIPMAS?  @Tank Andrade, @Anton.Torrella, @Anthony C., @Tom Flesher, @Andrew S(Sasso?), @Climber028, @climber511@Chez, @temmmeeee, @liftyzig, @JStepien, @Jedd Johnson?  Those are most of the usual suspects, but anyone else coming?  I'll be coming from Suffolk County, Long Island, happy to pick anyone up along the way to Connecticut ...

i plan to be there!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Thanks for the mention, Vicious Vin! But, doubt I'll be there, probably be on diaper duty lol. I just started back up lifting after few weeks off. Itching to compete in something, I think its too soon for me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JStepien said:

Thanks for the mention, Vicious Vin! But, doubt I'll be there, probably be on diaper duty lol. I just started back up lifting after few weeks off. Itching to compete in something, I think its too soon for me

Well, diaper duty is the next best thing ... wait, NOT.  It's still a month away so you can ramp up a little before then, but if not, sorry to miss you.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:13 AM, Vinnie said:

I will be there and maybe a trainer from my gym will compete. I got him into grip and he has great starting grip strength for his size (170). Seems interested 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

I will be there and maybe a trainer from my gym will compete. I got him into grip and he has great starting grip strength for his size (170). Seems interested 

That's my size!  I plan to beat him.  lol

ok quick update on medley :

going to setup an assortment of different ladders one for grippers, one thickbar, one blobs one sledge levers possibly one more.

the person in last place goin into medley will pick which one we all do.

so.... basically a mystery, Just show up strong at everything ! lol

Hit me up with any questions

• Like 2

Wish I could go, just to watch and learn... Just so slammed with work, I don't think i could make it happen.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 2:31 PM, Tank Andrade said:

ok quick update on medley :

going to setup an assortment of different ladders one for grippers, one thickbar, one blobs one sledge levers possibly one more.

the person in last place goin into medley will pick which one we all do.

so.... basically a mystery, Just show up strong at everything ! lol

Hit me up with any questions

I assume unscored medley runs will be made. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to it!  Hope you can make it, Blacksmith!

• Like 2

Might actually bring two guys who will compete. Hopefully they follow through

• Like 2