David Shamey BLOWS UP the MM7 Gripper!

Bill Piche

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I was wondering about Chez, and if he reads this would like to hear his thoughts.  I know he has MMS closed COC 4s up to around 200, but he has been injured and come back a couple of times and I am not sure if he is back up to that again, or re-approaching it, or maybe even beyond it.  I suspect he will get MM8 sooner or later, and I think that he is pursuing that more than CCS closes right now (but he can correct me if I am wrong of course).  I'm not sure he has even done the 3.5 IM cert yet (although if you asked me whether I would bet on him succeeding at that, I would bet yes).  Care to chime in Chez?  I'm a pretty big Chez fan for the homie reason Tommy mentions, so I am rooting for him but not looking to speak for him.  And Chez is young enough to improve, still -- he's still in his 30s.  I'm in my 50s and still improving (not on trajectory to join any elite clubs though lol), so there is plenty of time for Chez to reach whatever elite gripper goals he may have.

I have also very much enjoyed watching Anderson and Shamey's quick progress up the ladder.  I'm staying tuned for more.

Chez will comeback from his injury. Specifically when it comes to bouncing back from an injury, he is the guy that doesn’t fail. And he comes back stronger every single time. Intelligently, and never rushing it. 

not trying to jinx him by saying this either. It is already fact, and simply what he does.

not sure if Chez or any of you is/are a Metal guy.. but if I were to point out a song that best describes his drive, I’d pick “Never Let It Die” by Hatebreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I was wondering about Chez, and if he reads this would like to hear his thoughts.  I know he has MMS closed COC 4s up to around 200, but he has been injured and come back a couple of times and I am not sure if he is back up to that again, or re-approaching it, or maybe even beyond it.  I suspect he will get MM8 sooner or later, and I think that he is pursuing that more than CCS closes right now (but he can correct me if I am wrong of course).  I'm not sure he has even done the 3.5 IM cert yet (although if you asked me whether I would bet on him succeeding at that, I would bet yes).  Care to chime in Chez?  I'm a pretty big Chez fan for the homie reason Tommy mentions, so I am rooting for him but not looking to speak for him.  And Chez is young enough to improve, still -- he's still in his 30s.  I'm in my 50s and still improving (not on trajectory to join any elite clubs though lol), so there is plenty of time for Chez to reach whatever elite gripper goals he may have.

I have also very much enjoyed watching Anderson and Shamey's quick progress up the ladder.  I'm staying tuned for more.

Yep. Still training for it Vinnie. Covid derailed my training when I was getting close to MM8 Cause I rely on commercial gyms since I live in an apartment and then I had some injuries. I was excited that I was getting up there again but recently strained my forearm so had to take it easy for several weeks but I’m back at it again. My best attribute has always been my dedication and resiliency. I am not quitting. I have come back from several injuries and I will again this time.

CONGRATS DAVID!

Edited by Chez
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 3:27 AM, Wannagrip said:

My man said "attempt", Like he didn't just close it with no effort. Absolutely astonishing