North American Grip Sport Rankings

Eric Roussin

20 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

The most “American” way, because it represents that your aware of your freedom to dislike or disapprove of something. No one should feel the need to make a case they think might be acceptable to the masses when they don’t want to do something. The masses don’t get to decide what you do or don’t like.

Yup! Don’t worry about offending or making someone uncomfortable. Say what you love, like, don’t like or hate! AMERICAN WAY!!! 

21 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yup! Don’t worry about offending or making someone uncomfortable. Say what you love, like, don’t like or hate! AMERICAN WAY!!! 

Yep. The veteran in me still does have love for everyone’s freedom. Even if they use that freedom to hate my guts, I stand behind it.

…..although I’m not likely to stick around long if they get in my ear with it.. lol! I believe in their rights to do so tho.

• Thanks 1

im with you tho, Chris. And love that your stance on nutcracker grippers has been so consistent over the years. Never a single excuse made by you. Just simply were not afraid to say you don’t like them. And I respect that. Because it’s like the most American way to reject something.

I wasn't all that good at Grippers - but I don't think that mattered much in the way I view them.  My best comp close was 156# with a block set so not terrible.  I did do 191.8# choked to parallel in two different contests and a 195 #4 close choked - one of Heath's in training.  I like to think I had the "horsepower" to do grippers - just not the desire to learn to "set" them.  I don't look down on people with big closes - I just never cared to be one myself.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, Kluv#0 said:

A quality implement will have high level lifters in top spots majority of time. Tips Tester top 10 list on NAGS & BSS are some of the BAADEST gripsters ever.

I wouldn't get to the top 50 on the TT and dislike the movement even more since my pulley injury on it. It is weird to be good at 95% of other lifts and be absolutely terrible at the TT type movements. 

6 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

I wouldn't get to the top 50 on the TT and dislike the movement even more since my pulley injury on it. It is weird to be good at 95% of other lifts and be absolutely terrible at the TT type movements. 

The lift I can NOT seem to do well on is the the Little Big Horn or similar events.  It's amazing to me how terrible I do on it - I think it's safe but my hand just simply sucks at it.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, climber511 said:

The lift I can NOT seem to do well on is the the Little Big Horn or similar events.  It's amazing to me how terrible I do on it - I think it's safe but my hand just simply sucks at it.

I have this problem, too.  I can do more on rolling thunder than on little bighorn, and that's just weird.  In fact, my little bighorn PR is probably right around the RGC of my gripper pr lol.  Awful.

17 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I have this problem, too.  I can do more on rolling thunder than on little bighorn, and that's just weird.  In fact, my little bighorn PR is probably right around the RGC of my gripper pr lol.  Awful.

Vinnie, I actually think athletes pulling more on RT than LBH is not uncommon.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I have only tried the Little Bighorn once but it was less than my max gripper and my rolling thunder haha.

• Like 1