Crushing! And more Crushing!

swede

Hey guys, happy to be a new member on here! I'm just getting into the swing of things with my lifting routine after a long layoff due to COVID and various injuries. Ill be focusing primarily on powerlifting, with the goal of doing my first meet in early 2022. I'm going to be focusing on grip strength because A) it's fun! B) it'll help all my other lifts and C) I already shake hands like a vice, so it'll be "funner" to start crushing hands when I met someone.

I started off on Monday with a light shoulder and arm workout (bis and tris) in the AM, and then worked my CoC grippers and bands on my drive home in the evening:

Warmup
Guide 2x5,10 
Sport 2x5,10
Trainer 2x5,10 

Working Sets
#.5 2x8,8 
#1 2x5,5 
#1.5 2x3,3

Cool down w/ CoC Bands
Green 3x25
Yellow 3x20
Blue 3x15
Red 3x10

I am replicating this workout today, will try and add a rep or two for the working sets. Then I'll do some deads on Friday along with some pullups and plate pinches. Then circle back to more gripper training on Monday and Wednesday as I get my strenght back. Also, I'll be posting gear photos, diet updates, etc to keep this log fun and spicey.

Thanks ya'll!

Edited by swede
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, swede said:

Hey guys, happy to be a new member on here! I'm just getting into the swing of things with my lifting routine after a long layoff due to COVID and various injuries. Ill be focusing primarily on powerlifting, with the goal of doing my first meet in early 2022. I'm going to be focusing on grip strength because A) it's fun! B) it'll help all my other lifts and C) I already shake hands like a vice, so it'll be "funner" to start crushing hands when I met someone.

I started off on Monday with a light shoulder and arm workout (bis and tris) in the AM, and then worked my CoC grippers and bands on my drive home in the evening:

Warmup
Guide 5,10 reps
Sport 5,10 reps
Trainer 5,10 reps

Working Sets
#.5 8,8 reps
#1 5,5 reps
#1.5 3,3, reps

Cool down w/ CoC Bands
Green 3x25
Yellow 3x20
Blue 3x15
Red 3x10

I am replicating this workout today, will try and add a rep or two for the working sets. Then I'll do some deads on Friday along with some pullups and plate pinches. Then circle back to more gripper training on Monday and Wednesday as I get my strenght back. Also, I'll be posting gear photos, diet updates, etc to keep this log fun and spicey.

Thanks ya'll!

Welcome. Your training. Sounds a lot like mine I’m a wanna be power lifter also not very strong though and also working in grip mostly grippers I want to try to cert the coc 3. 
Good luck I’ll be following your log.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Welcome. Your training. Sounds a lot like mine I’m a wanna be power lifter also not very strong though and also working in grip mostly grippers I want to try to cert the coc 3. 
Good luck I’ll be following your log.

Thanks man! My goal is the #3 as well! Bought to order the #2 so I can start working on that. This should be fun!

• Like 1

Wednesday – Sep. 8, 2021

Today's workout was similar to Monday's, albeit I squeezed out a few more reps on the #5, #1 and #1.5!

Warmup
Guide 2x5,10 
Sport 2x5,10 
Trainer 2x5,10 

Working Sets
#.5 2x10,10 
#1 2x6,6 
#1.5 2x4,4 

Cool down w/ CoC Bands
Green 3x25
Yellow 3x20
Blue 3x15
Red 3x10

Feeling great! Going to focus on some static pinch holds on Friday and then hopefully I'll do some work on a #2 by Monday.

Edited by swede
  • Like 2

Nice work man! Quick question, where it says " #1.5 4,4 reps" does that mean 4 reps each hand or two sets of 4? 

16 hours ago, stranger said:

Nice work man! Quick question, where it says " #1.5 4,4 reps" does that mean 4 reps each hand or two sets of 4? 

Outstanding! two reps of 4 sets for each hand. I'll edit the posts so they are more clear.

• Like 1

Welcome to this forum! And best of luck with your trainings! Curious to see how the #2 is going to feel this Monday for you :)