Schoolboy

Zoom

Agreed, Wiggy. The longer you’ve been pulling the more of those random freaks you’ll come across. Not at all to mislead anyone… it’s not many.. but in about a decade of off and on hiatuses from pulling, I’ve met close to 9 or 10 freaks that show up and sort of make us all sweat, or flat out beat us. And there has been a couple more that showed up and I simply wasn’t there to meet them that day, but heard about from everyone the next day. And it’s usually a guy like Wiggy describes. Very big, typically* has some form of strength background (not always) and has a pretty good fighting spirit in general= a bad day for even relatively vetted, but still smaller pullers.

here’s the biggest bummer and frustration about those guys though.. they often times never even come back to a practice or make a showing at a tournament! It’s almost like the reason they were even there to begin with was sheer chance. And they never actually even intended to pull..

I suppose it just goes to show that some people really just don’t care.. while many of us could make 10 valid reasons why that freak should stick with it, they rarely ever seem interested enough to stick around long.

Khaled is one of those guys.

I would like to note though that he is DEFINITELY the strongest new grip guy I’ve ever heard of! At least in terms of 1 hand thickbar! Nobody I’ve ever heard of besides Khaled just showed up and was able to lift a millennium bell besides him.

but I have seen a couple guys show up to arm wrestling stuff that no one had really seemed to have heard of that possessed more table ability than Khaled. And again… it is sooo frustrating when they just never come back.

After about 2 years of pulling and having the belief that you are amongst some elite alumni tends to go away, and reality sinks back in. The truth is, there is an anticlimactic reason weight classes exist in the sport. And it’s for guys like Wiggy is describing.

• Like 3

Yes, they exist but you won't find one in a few hours in a random city. If you did this type of event at the Arnold Classic or similar then there's no way you could go hours beating everybody because that self selects already strong people and you're likely to see a freak. 99% of normal people can't even do a push up so you need to sift through a huge sea of trash to find someone even remotely strong that would pose a threat 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Yes, they exist but you won't find one in a few hours in a random city. If you did this type of event at the Arnold Classic or similar then there's no way you could go hours beating everybody because that self selects already strong people and you're likely to see a freak. 99% of normal people can't even do a push up so you need to sift through a huge sea of trash to find someone even remotely strong that would pose a threat 

I see what your saying, and so somewhat agree. However, most of the people willing to get on an arm wrestling table tend to believe or know they are fairly strong. Or at least stronger than the average couch potato or little old lady..

but yes, if every single person in NY, for example, were to actually give it a go, it could literally take years to find the 4 or 5 or more guys like wiggy is describing. Due to population alone.

I’ll give you smaller guys this challenge… so to help you quickly find a stubborn new opponent that has likely never pulled competitively.. go to a rodeo. Bring your table. And flat out call the smaller/slender bull riders over to the table. You won’t have to hunt long. As most decent bull riders are small guys. 150lbs, give or take 20lbs.  And I wager you won’t make it through 10 or more inexperienced pullers who are decent bull riders that you challenge to arm wrestle.

then if by chance you do, and your still feeling froggy, call the group of 6f4 330lb wild and rowdy steer wrestlers over and try them next. They are big, strong, fast, tough, and ain’t afraid to get goofy.

if we go off how SB and Alex did it, you too can make the next viral arm wrestling video. But if you actually make an honest attempt to single out worthy opponents, it won’t take long to find them.

compare that to anything… say a guy is hoping he finds his future wife. But only stands still hoping she presents herself to him. How long do you think that guy will believe the one for him doesn’t exist, vs the guy that’s constantly going up to women he finds attractive?

basically, if you make an effort, you’ll find them.

• Like 2

Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but I found Brian Sitton in 2011. Back then he was about 185lbs and repping 4 plates on the bench. Dude is well under 6’. And has since become a top ranked super heavy, with some very impressive wins under his belt. …and here’s the most interesting part… I’ve seen brand new guys with more impressive first time performances than him over the years. That simply never came back or pursued the sport. …None ever as small as Brian have been as strong as he was out of the gate. But a few bigger guys than what he was when he started were sooo strong! …and this is just in my home state.. I promise, world wide, many more exist. They just need to be shown by you how strong they are.

further, I also agree with prior sentiments that SB isn’t ranked as high as some like to believe. But he is no doubt a bad dude. And he’s not small… at all! So the likely hood of him in particular getting beat by a new no name guy are much slimmer than a 6’ or less 200lb guy who’s only been pulling a few years. Also note that SB isn’t new.. he’s actually been pulling for about a decade with his brother, who has competed for some years. So he was basically the perfect candidate for a viral video.

• Like 3

It’s also not just about the size. It’s the size in combination with an extreme talent for armwrestling. If all you’ve done is pull some big guy and then came to the conclusion that all others are the same, then you’re simply mistaken. I have a friend who clean and jerks a bit over 400 lbs, weighs a bit over 350 lbs, has absolutely massive hands, biggest forearms I’ve seen in person, crushed a CoC 3 with a deep set the first time he touched a gripper, lifted a blob50 first try and hoisted 180kg on a smooth axle the first day he tried. And I took him with relative ease while being an 75-80kg novice. I had only been armwrestling a few months at that point. The dude is crazy strong and has insanely strong hands and forearms. However, it just didn’t seem to translate to armwrestling. Sure, he’d probably beat 95% of the other guys in the gym. But he’s not one of the freaks me and Tommy are talking about. Those freaks are on another level. They are rare, but they do exist. And they could easily have passed by at the streets of New York that day and made Schoolboy look like a complete amateur .

• Like 3