Schoolboy

Zoom

New to the sport, trying to learn. Schoolboy got me interested (vs Larry Wheels) and Devon kept me interested.

Is Schoolboy the real deal or just a hype job pushed by his brother's YT channel? I saw youtube vids of him taking on all comers on New York Streets and him destroying everyone, one after another with hardly any effort.

Being new to the sport I thought that this guy was likely a world champ. Then I saw him pull with Devon and Devon showed me the "boy" in Schoolboy. Of the videos I watched more of Schoolboy (on his brothers channel  ARMWRESTLING TV ) and keeping in mind that his bro is going to tend to show him in the best of light, still in local/regional tournaments I see him usually placing in top 3, but not winning. So what's the scoop on this kid? 

• Like 1

Pretty much all mediocre arm wrestlers could do the exact same thing, pull randoms on the street and go undefeated. Average people are weak in the important areas and have zero knowledge about position so it's not really a big deal to beat them.

Schoolboy is a very good arm wrestler tho he is not near elite yet. Most people's hype for him is not necessarily about his current state, but about his potential since he is still very young and with time could become elite. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zoom said:

New to the sport, trying to learn. Schoolboy got me interested (vs Larry Wheels) and Devon kept me interested.

Is Schoolboy the real deal or just a hype job pushed by his brother's YT channel? I saw youtube vids of him taking on all comers on New York Streets and him destroying everyone, one after another with hardly any effort.

Being new to the sport I thought that this guy was likely a world champ. Then I saw him pull with Devon and Devon showed me the "boy" in Schoolboy. Of the videos I watched more of Schoolboy (on his brothers channel  ARMWRESTLING TV ) and keeping in mind that his bro is going to tend to show him in the best of light, still in local/regional tournaments I see him usually placing in top 3, but not winning. So what's the scoop on this kid? 

Schoolboy is extremely strong. But he is nowhere near Levan or Vitali if that is what you were thinking. Devon also played with MMT and that doesn't take away from MMT. Schoolboy also easily pinned MMT left hand which isn't his dominant. You can know from these Schoolboy is very strong, but needs few years of dedicated trainer to be top 20 or 30. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Pretty much all mediocre arm wrestlers could do the exact same thing, pull randoms on the street and go undefeated. Average people are weak in the important areas and have zero knowledge about position so it's not really a big deal to beat them.

Schoolboy is a very good arm wrestler tho he is not near elite yet. Most people's hype for him is not necessarily about his current state, but about his potential since he is still very young and with time could become elite. 

After pulling against civilians all day long to compile video there is also the possibility of a drained Schoolboy getting pinned by a passerby and bro Alex editing that out of the video. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoom said:

After pulling against civilians all day long to compile video there is also the possibility of a drained Schoolboy getting pinned by a passerby and bro Alex editing that out of the video. 

There is zero chance of that happening. Unless another arm wrestler happens to be walking by. You have a false impression of the strength gap that exists here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

There is zero chance of that happening. Unless another arm wrestler happens to be walking by. You have a false impression of the strength gap that exists here. 

It could definitely happen. If you’ve been armwrestling all day and then a passerbyer with freak talent shows up and catches you by surprise. These days you’re bound to have a significant portion of the passerbyers that will at least have seen armwrestling though they might not have trained it. If some 135kg shot putter with giant hands and a good understanding of how to cup, pronate and keep tight and who also works as a mechanic or something shows up after you’ve been pulling for 5 hours. Yeah, then it’s very possible Schoolboy would get pinned. As has been mentioned, Schoolboy is not among the very elite pullers. I mean he lost to Kahled, who’d only been pulling for a few months. Sure, Kahled is a freak among freaks. But if Schoolboy has already been pulling for hours, then you don’t need a freak of Kahled’s caliber to beat him an “ordinary” freak could be enough.

• Like 1

Still don't buy it, I think many arm wrestlers much weaker than Schoolboy could do the same exact feat. You're giving too much credit to the average person, and most have so little strength that it takes zero effort to pin them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

Still don't buy it, I think many arm wrestlers much weaker than Schoolboy could do the same exact feat. You're giving too much credit to the average person, and most have so little strength that it takes zero effort to pin them. 

I’m not talking about the average person. I’m talking about the occurrence of freaks. I personally can’t tell the difference between an average person and a child. I’ve been pulling for close to 6 years and I thought I had felt all kinds of freaks to this point. I usually never have any problems with them. But then a 135kg shot putter, former farmer and now working in a sawmill with massive hands and who has a good understanding of how to armwrestle with super strong cup and pronation shows at to our practice and I can’t do anything to him. With a bit of ego-mental-gymnastics I can figure out how to work him when he’s tired. But if I’m honest and we go fresh for fresh, I can’t do shit to him. Sure, I’m no schoolboy. Fresh for fresh, I don’t think Schoolboy would struggle against him. But if Schoolboy had been pulling for 3-4 hours with almost no rest. Yeah, he’s getting pinned, both by me and the shot putter.

Freaks are exactly that tho, extremely rare and you likely won't see one. If you magically found one then sure, but in a city where you could only conceivable pull a few hundred people the odds are very low that anyone in that sample size would be a threat. I agree that if you did something like this everyday for awhile then definitely some giants would appear, but I just don't see that likely in a single session. 

57 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I agree with this.

Schoolboy won't be tired from "pulling" houndreds of weak people. It's like saying a guy who can close #3 or more would be tired of doing singles with a COC#1 during the day with plenty of rest in between. If you do that you won't fail if you try a #3. Simply because you won't be tired from closing a #1.

Same way Schoolboy won't be tired of armwrestling weak people.

The likelihood of some freak showing up is also extremely small. Even if a freak would show up it's still unlikely he would beat Schoolboy.

At least if he's in NYC. Maybe it would be different if he was in Cameroon :D 

13 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I agree with this.

Schoolboy won't be tired from "pulling" houndreds of weak people. It's like saying a guy who can close #3 or more would be tired of doing singles with a COC#1 during the day with plenty of rest in between. If you do that you won't fail if you try a #3. Simply because you won't be tired from closing a #1.

Same way Schoolboy won't be tired of armwrestling weak people.

The likelihood of some freak showing up is also extremely small. Even if a freak would show up it's still unlikely he would beat Schoolboy.

At least if he's in NYC. Maybe it would be different if he was in Cameroon :D 

Thing is that he’s not just trying to pin them. If that were the case then yes, he could go on all day. There are videos of Ion Onescu pinning 1000 dudes in a row. I remember doing that myself even before starting with armwrestling. One day I decided to challenge every dude in my high school and flash pinned everyone who dared to try me, one after the other over and over. But Schoolboy isn’t pinning them, he’s usually holding them for 20-30 seconds before pinning them. That’d be like you doing sets of 10 with that CoC 1 all day, with the occasional CoC 2 and trainer in the mix. How well do you think you’d fare on the 3 if you did that for a few hours with little to no rest in between sets?

13 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Thing is that he’s not just trying to pin them. If that were the case then yes, he could go on all day. There are videos of Ion Onescu pinning 1000 dudes in a row. I remember doing that myself even before starting with armwrestling. One day I decided to challenge every dude in my high school and flash pinned everyone who dared to try me, one after the other over and over. But Schoolboy isn’t pinning them, he’s usually holding them for 20-30 seconds before pinning them. That’d be like you doing sets of 10 with that CoC 1 all day, with the occasional CoC 2 and trainer in the mix. How well do you think you’d fare on the 3 if you did that for a few hours with little to no rest in between sets?

Thanks for your input. I have some questions:

What is CoC 1 and CoC 2? 

The 3 what...Is that CoC 3? 

15 hours ago, Climber028 said:

The danger of him losing is very low, but never zero. 

11 hours ago, Zoom said:

Thanks for your input. I have some questions:

What is CoC 1 and CoC 2? 

The 3 what...Is that CoC 3? 

Captains of crush grippers. There are 0.5 to 4 in 0.5 increments higher being more difficult, as well as 3 easier ones below that, the guide, sport and trainer. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 1:20 PM, David_wigren said:

Really well when I was at my strongest. It wouldn't bother me at all doing that.

My point is. I don't think Schoolboy is having any trouble with anyone in these videos. If he holds a guy for 20-30 seconds it's because he know he can do that. I don't think he would do that if he felt that a guy was much stronger than average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Really well when I was at my strongest. It wouldn't bother me at all doing that.

My point is. I don't think Schoolboy is having any trouble with anyone in these videos. If he holds a guy for 20-30 seconds it's because he know he can do that. I don't think he would do that if he felt that a guy was much stronger than average.

If by any chance someone would give him a hard pull (a high school or college jock for instance) the struggle would be mysteriously missing from the final video cut. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Captains of crush grippers. There are 0.5 to 4 in 0.5 increments higher being more difficult, as well as 3 easier ones below that, the guide, sport and trainer. 

Thanks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zoom said:

If by any chance someone would give him a hard pull (a high school or college jock for instance) the struggle would be mysteriously missing from the final video cut. 

Very unlikely. We often have practices at a beach and nobody has ever beaten a mediocre guy at our club who is several levels below Schoolboy and a no name arm wrestler. You're underestimating the strength and technique gap between arm wrestlers and regular people. Even I can beat most regular people and I'm a 150lb novice with barely any experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoom said:

Video or it didn't happen. Everyone has a camera these days. No excuses for not having a video to back up your claims :) 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Very unlikely. We often have practices at a beach and nobody has ever beaten a mediocre guy at our club who is several levels below Schoolboy and a no name arm wrestler. You're underestimating the strength and technique gap between arm wrestlers and regular people. Even I can beat most regular people and I'm a 150lb novice with barely any experience. 

Exactly my thoughts as well. These are usually the case in any strength sport. Doesn't really matter if it's lifting weights or any other strength related activity.

And just for the record. I'm not arguing against that someone can get tired. I just don't think it's the case for Schoolboy when shooting these particular vids.

• Like 1

Well, you say it’s impossible. But we’ve already seen it happen. We saw Khaled absolutely destroy Schoolboy. And that was a fresh Schoolboy in a competition start where Schoolboy has an extreme advantage due to his experience. Talents like Khaled are extremely rare. But we’re talking about a tired schoolboy who’s maybe caught off guard. A common freak will probably be enough to bring him down at that point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zoom said:

A high school or collage jock is likely not to give Schoolboy any trouble. I’m thinking about a 350lbs mechanic with joints made of steel and who used to compete in highland games or something randomly walking the streets of new york and walks up to the table after Schoolboy’s already been at it all day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Climber028 said:

What if a group of Cameroonians happened to be walking by and each one decided to gave Schoolboy a try? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Well, you say it’s impossible. But we’ve already seen it happen. We saw Khaled absolutely destroy Schoolboy. And that was a fresh Schoolboy in a competition start where Schoolboy has an extreme advantage due to his experience. Talents like Khaled are extremely rare. But we’re talking about a tired schoolboy who’s maybe caught off guard. A common freak will probably be enough to bring him down at that point. 

You must realize this isn't the same thing at all. Of course he can't beat everyone in the world but a small random sample is not likely to have any freaks. Khaled was not random he was discovered and then brought to attention and he also had a good amount of table time before meeting Schoolboy. Sure, theoretically he could randomly be walking around a city one day and spot an arm wrestler but that is very unlikely. 

• Like 1