Heaviest blob lifted by a woman

David_wigren

During the my last training session, about an hour in I glance over my shoulder and I see one of our female pullers grab my super wide half 40kg hex blob and lift it just past her knees with probably the worst possible setup and grip. With proper technique I’m sure she could get a full lift. As mentioned, this was after about an hour of armwrestling so she was likely fairly fatigued at this point. For reference, I myself can get about 7 reps on the half 40kg hex, about 3 reps on the half 100lbs york legacy blob and I can break the Blob50 off the floor an inch or so. So it’s not an easy blob. I’m thinking she might have a good chance on the half 100lbs york legacy if she’s fresh.

It got me wondering, what’s the heaviest blob any woman has lifted? Has anyone lifted a half york 100 2nd gen blob or a blob50 before? 

• Like 2

As far as I know Elizabeth Horne is the only woman to lift the blob. Not sure what kind of blob but I assume it's a 100 lb half. Pretty sure it was not the legacy blob. Don't know if it was fatman or not.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

As far as I know Elizabeth Horne is the only woman to lift the blob. Not sure what kind of blob but I assume it's a 100 lb half. Pretty sure it was not the legacy blob. Don't know if it was fatman or not.

That’d also be my guess. If anyone’s done it my money would be on Elizabeth Horne. I tried searching for any video but couldn’t find one. I’ll message David Horne and ask for clarification of the specifics of the blob lifted. 

30 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

That’d also be my guess. If anyone’s done it my money would be on Elizabeth Horne. I tried searching for any video but couldn’t find one. I’ll message David Horne and ask for clarification of the specifics of the blob lifted. 

Reading in his Gripopaedia book now. It says it was a 50 lb second generation blob. She also lifted it with 1.25 lbs added. There's a picture of the lift in there as well.

• Like 3

Another thing worth mentioning is that she did the feat in january 2011. So it's over 10 years ago. No woman has ever done it since (as far as I know). Says a lot of how difficult it is. I don't know what hand size Elizabeth has but I think I've read somewhere that she has large hands for a woman. I know you don't need to have large hands to lift the blob but that is when we're talking about males. If you're female you might need to have large hands to have a chance.

• Like 1