Standard Grippers from Cannon Powerworks

John Knowlton

Has anyone order the standard grippers form Cannon Powerworks. If so what do you think

• Like 1

Yeah I have the standard cobalt and it’s one of my favourite grippers. Right up there with ghp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

These are the closest thing to having a Tetting gripper available now. The knurling feels similar to what Warren created when he was making hand grippers. They'll definitely fit in to where you need to bridge the gap; they're wonderful!

Find where your strength levels fall at with hand grippers and get one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I order them last week 

• Like 2

Last night I received my new standard grippers from Cannon powerworks.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Cannon PowerWorks really did a good job of these grippers well-made very nice. I just rated them and they’re really close to what they’re advertised at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I have a few and at first I didn't like how sharp the knurling was (it's like a cheese grater), but after working on better setting technique I get less friction from them & can now appreciate them a lot more. My Standard Cobalt 163 really does bridge the gap from low 150s to low 170s for the stuff I own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

I have a few and at first I didn't like how sharp the knurling was (it's like a cheese grater), but after working on better setting technique I get less friction from them & can now appreciate them a lot more. My Standard Cobalt 163 really does bridge the gap from low 150s to low 170s for the stuff I own.

Part of the intention in making it so sharp is also that you can bring it down. Rubbing the knurling with almost anything that is slightly abrasive will take some of the bite out of it. Just go extremely slow until you like how it feels. You can always go down, but there’s no way to bring it back up.

• Like 5

I don't alter my Standard knurling at all, I'm trying to have it bite into my skin so my thumb pad doesn't have to do as much work while deep setting, My new Titanium feels like it has sharpened diamonds for knurling

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

I don't alter my Standard knurling at all, I'm trying to have it bite into my skin so my thumb pad doesn't have to do as much work while deep setting, My new Titanium feels like it has sharpened diamonds for knurling

🤗 The general feedback so far is that people love the knurling. 💎💎💎

• Like 5

You guys' grippers are like GHPs without that sloped edge at the bottom for pinkies to slip off, They're honestly the ideal gripper for pretty much anyone, But you've probably heard that plenty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After using the GHP's and the Standard Grippers it's hard to go back to the Captains of crunch because of the knurling . 

• Like 5

I just got the adjustable set last week and really like the aggressive knurling. Especially since I’m doing my gripper workouts at work and not using chalk right now. Overall the quality seems top notch and I’m happy with it. 

• Like 2

Standards and GHP have the best knurling in my opinion. Even when I first started and had to develop harder skin, I still enjoyed how they'd stick better in your hand. 

And they do indeed help with chalk-less workouts! I don't like to use chalk when I train with sub-maximal grippers. 

• Like 5

Yes ,after using the standard and the GHP it’s hard to go back to the ironmind grippers 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Standards and GHP have the best knurling in my opinion. Even when I first started and had to develop harder skin, I still enjoyed how they'd stick better in your hand. 

And they do indeed help with chalk-less workouts! I don't like to use chalk when I train with sub-maximal grippers. 

I agree 100% with this. I avoid chalk as long as possible and love the knurling on these. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Any idea when they’ll be back in stock @Cannon? After reading this post, I’m curious and would like to try one. 

12 hours ago, VintageWeightsPGH said:

Any idea when they’ll be back in stock @Cannon? After reading this post, I’m curious and would like to try one. 

We’re getting closer. It really looks like April. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cannon said:

We’re getting closer. It really looks like April. 

That’s exciting! I’ll order for sure. Thanks for the response. After posting this question, I was looking around in the CPW section and saw your post about Tom passing. I’m sorry to hear that. I’m still curious to try your grippers, but now I’m also curious to see someone with the old and the new do a side by side comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1