Closed the CoC 2.5 with both hands

Terry Conjugate Iron

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

My results comport with yours.  My best right hand gripper close is the MM2, RGC probably low 160s, and I did 242 pounds (about 110kg) on the baseline dynamometer, which seems to go hand in hand (pun intended) with you closing 170 pounds RGC and 115kg dynamometer.  And I was present when Chez, who closes RGC 200, registered 280+ dyno, or 127-ish kg.  My left, which I train much less, is significantly weaker in both regards, about 140 RGC and 95kg dyno.  So it looks like a proportion of something like 3 to 2 dyno to gripper rating (obviously this is not a rule, just a rough correlation).

Yes I think it should be a correct estimate in general unless you have small hands. I once met a guy who had at the day about 30 lbs more strength with grippers than me but couldn't beat me on dynamos. Because he have smaller hands. So I think something like the baseline dynamo is a better option since you can adjust the handles. However it won't necessarily work for everyone even in that case.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 8:02 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Yes definitely get one. It's always best to have low expectations on everything then you can surprise yourself. As I said you could be better with dynamos than with grippers. You only know once you have tried. Your hand size shouldn't be a problem. It's a fun thing to try as well. To me it's like a grip toy I don't use if for something useful, it's just for fun.

I'll try to get my hands on one asap, thanks for the input! 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:55 AM, Vinnie said:

My results comport with yours.  My best right hand gripper close is the MM2, RGC probably low 160s, and I did 242 pounds (about 110kg) on the baseline dynamometer, which seems to go hand in hand (pun intended) with you closing 170 pounds RGC and 115kg dynamometer.  And I was present when Chez, who closes RGC 200, registered 280+ dyno, or 127-ish kg.  My left, which I train much less, is significantly weaker in both regards, about 140 RGC and 95kg dyno.  So it looks like a proportion of something like 3 to 2 dyno to gripper rating (obviously this is not a rule, just a rough correlation).

Great input and hilarious pun haha.... Thanks 💪