Closed the CoC 2.5 with both hands

Terry Conjugate Iron

Took my left hand 4-5 months of rigorous training to catch up to my right hand. Which at this point can close the #2.5 for 7-10 singles. But the right hand is also doing well as I managed to close the gripper with a CCS first time ever. 

Check it out!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Took my left hand 4-5 months of rigorous training to catch up to my right hand. Which at this point can close the #2.5 for 7-10 singles. But the right hand is also doing well as I managed to close the gripper with a CCS first time ever. 

Check it out!

Great job man. The 2.5 is a pretty strong gripper. That looks a great collection behind you as well.

This is in workout logs mind you. You may get more replies on the main gripboard page.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Great job man. The 2.5 is a pretty strong gripper. That looks a great collection behind you as well.

This is in workout logs mind you. You may get more replies on the main gripboard page.

Oops, clearly I'm new on here haha... Will check it out man thanks for the heads up! If you check my channel I got several hand gripper brand reviews 💪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Oops, clearly I'm new on here haha... Will check it out man thanks for the heads up! If you check my channel I got several hand gripper brand reviews 💪

No problem. I have about 20 grippers myself. Will have a look 👍

• Like 1

savage is there a big strength difference between your dominant and non dominant hand?  I can close ghp 6 with my right but am maybe a centimeter shy of closing the ghp 5 with my left

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There definitely is a difference, I can close the #2.5 for around 10 single reps (reset and go again every 10-20 seconds) while I managed to close it for one rep in the left hand a few weeks ago for the first time. I do train them both equally though. Same sets and reps, obviously the left will usually work with a gripper that's a notch lighter. Thanks! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Magiclifts321 said:

savage is there a big strength difference between your dominant and non dominant hand?  I can close ghp 6 with my right but am maybe a centimeter shy of closing the ghp 5 with my left

Remember that normal wound grippers like cocs and GHPs have a spring thats wound for the Right hand. Thats the main reason its harder on the left. 

Grippers never felt right to me when training my left hand so i bought a IM left turn grippers and love them. 

You should buy a hand Dynometer and test your crush. I think you might be surprised at how close your hands would be. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Remember that normal wound grippers like cocs and GHPs have a spring thats wound for the Right hand. Thats the main reason its harder on the left. 

Grippers never felt right to me when training my left hand so i bought a IM left turn grippers and love them. 

You should buy a hand Dynometer and test your crush. I think you might be surprised at how close your hands would be. 

yea i agree my left hand always feels awkward especially with setting and getting it into the correct position.  Ive actually never tried a left turn gripper but I definitely should pick one up.  I just really prefer GHP over COC

• Like 2

Just now, Magiclifts321 said:

yea i agree my left hand always feels awkward especially with setting and getting it into the correct position.  Ive actually never tried a left turn gripper but I definitely should pick one up.  I just really prefer GHP over COC

Yes it never felt right to me. I bought the Left turn 1 and 2 from ironmind. I just wish they did a left turn 2.5..

Agreed on GHPs. I only have recently bought a GHP 5 but its my new favourite gripper. The harsh knurling just feels great. 

Cannon power works new own brand standard grippers feel very similar to GHPs the knurling is excellent.

• Like 1

Nice ill check that out also.  Once I got use to the GHP knurling nothing phased me and I feel like it really conditioned my skin to be able to handle anything

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Magiclifts321 said:

Nice ill check that out also.  Once I got use to the GHP knurling nothing phased me and I feel like it really conditioned my skin to be able to handle anything

Yeah you cant beat having harsh knurling. To me cocs feel almost slick compared to me GHP and standard gripper. 

I bought the standard Fe iron gripper rated RGC 136lbs. I cant close it yet but Its a perfect gripper in between a 2.5 and coc 3 so will do me well once im at that level.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:02 PM, Magiclifts321 said:

There definitely is a difference, I can close the #2.5 for around 10 single reps (reset and go again every 10-20 seconds) while I managed to close it for one rep in the left hand a few weeks ago for the first time. I do train them both equally though. Same sets and reps, obviously the left will usually work with a gripper that's a notch lighter. Thanks

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:29 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

Yes it never felt right to me. I bought the Left turn 1 and 2 from ironmind. I just wish they did a left turn 2.5..

Agreed on GHPs. I only have recently bought a GHP 5 but its my new favourite gripper. The harsh knurling just feels great. 

Cannon power works new own brand standard grippers feel very similar to GHPs the knurling is excellent.

Strangely enough I don't feel too weird closing right handed grippers with my left hand. It used to hurt at first. 

Also, I know that both GHP and the new Cannon standards are super cool but living in Greece makes it very costly to have them shipped here. Not to mention customs which would be a problem. 

I got my eyes on the Baraban grippers but that'll take a while since I like to collect the whole line so it'll be a decent amount of cash haha

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

There definitely is a difference, I can close the #2.5 for around 10 single reps (reset and go again every 10-20 seconds) while I managed to close it for one rep in the left hand a few weeks ago for the first time. I do train them both equally though. Same sets and reps, obviously the left will usually work with a gripper that's a notch lighter. Thanks! 

On 8/20/2021 at 10:29 PM, mcalpine1986 said:

On 8/20/2021 at 10:26 PM, Magiclifts321 said:

Thought I would share something weird with all 3 of you. I recently bought a Robert Baraban adjustable gripper and oddly enough my left is actually stronger by I would guess maybe +2-3lbs RGC then my right hand. I'm the same way as all of you my right is always stronger but for the reasons Mcalpine stated because the springs are in a manner to make it easier leverage wise on the right hand. With my adjustable gripper the handles & springs are identical.(evenly placed). This leads me to wonder.....what if all the extra hard work our left hands do on the regular grippers(heavy grips, coc, ghp ect) actually make the left even stronger or at the very least as strong and we never actually get to express that strength because almost all of us use grippers that are tailored to favour the right hand. Kind of a mind f**k lol but I seriously think this could be a possibility. 

Strong closes Terry and I watched your heavy grips reviews, great channel your a strong dude! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thought I would share something weird with all 3 of you. I recently bought a Robert Baraban adjustable gripper and oddly enough my left is actually stronger by I would guess maybe +2-3lbs RGC then my right hand. I'm the same way as all of you my right is always stronger but for the reasons Mcalpine stated because the springs are in a manner to make it easier leverage wise on the right hand. With my adjustable gripper the handles & springs are identical.(evenly placed). This leads me to wonder.....what if all the extra hard work our left hands do on the regular grippers(heavy grips, coc, ghp ect) actually make the left even stronger or at the very least as strong and we never actually get to express that strength because almost all of us use grippers that are tailored to favour the right hand. Kind of a mind f**k lol but I seriously think this could be a possibility. 

Strong closes Terry and I watched your heavy grips reviews, great channel your a strong dude! 

It's 100% a mechanical thing. My left is, at best 85% as strong as my right on a dynamometer but I close IM Left Turn grippers much easier with left hand, because they are made to be closed by the left hand. At one point I could do 3-4 reps with the LT #3 but couldn't even close it with right hand. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 9:45 AM, Bigfoot Grip said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that is true. Since the left works much harder with the right handed grippers. I actually would get pain in the middle of my palm till last year trying to set it. After last year my left just got tougher and stronger. 

And thanks man! Glad you like the content. Between powerlifting, strongman and grip I'm a busy guy haha... 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 5:23 PM, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

My left is also about one COC level behind my right.  Can close a 3 righty for a couple reps, a 2.5 lefty for a couple reps.  All MMS I mean.  I think it is pretty normal to be better with the dominant hand, and in my case, I train the dominant hand more for one-hand events like grippers.  It ends up showing on two hand events - I sometimes hold bars off center in order to do a little more with my right!  it boosts my total on two hand events ...

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, Vinnie said:

I think it is pretty normal to be better with the dominant hand, and in my case, I train the dominant hand more for one-hand events like grippers. 

Agree here. 

Also another phenomenon that I believe matters is that the dominant hand gets a “better” workout even if you always try and do the same exercises both sides. Your dominant hand is typically coordinated in a way that allows more efficiency, better recruitment and ideal form. In that manner I believe it “gets more” from the same training. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Agree here. 

Also another phenomenon that I believe matters is that the dominant hand gets a “better” workout even if you always try and do the same exercises both sides. Your dominant hand is typically coordinated in a way that allows more efficiency, better recruitment and ideal form. In that manner I believe it “gets more” from the same training. 

Yes this is very true. That's why I'm technically better with left despite having less muscle mass and being weaker. Explains my dynamo results and gripper results. Left is much weaker with dynamos because there's no technique involved. With grippers it's completely different. Left hand is much closer to the right hand, also it's much more "explosive". I can do speed closes much faster with left with easy grippers since I'm left handed.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Yes this is very true. That's why I'm technically better with left despite having less muscle mass and being weaker. Explains my dynamo results and gripper results. Left is much weaker with dynamos because there's no technique involved. With grippers it's completely different. Left hand is much closer to the right hand, also it's much more "explosive". I can do speed closes much faster with left with easy grippers since I'm left handed.

I've yet to try a dynamo. Would love to see where I actually am in grip strength. Newbie estimate would be 90-100kg?what do you guys think? Too generous? 

Also, I'm very happy to see the interaction on my post! I love talking grip and I like to learn and get better. Thanks guys! 

2 hours ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

I've yet to try a dynamo. Would love to see where I actually am in grip strength. Newbie estimate would be 90-100kg?what do you guys think? Too generous? 

Also, I'm very happy to see the interaction on my post! I love talking grip and I like to learn and get better. Thanks guys! 

Totally depends on what dynamo it is and how good you are with grippers. You can have a great results with a dynamo if you have bad technique with grippers, you might not get much of your strength out when closing grippers. Or it can be the other way around as well, as it is for me with my left hand. I think my best result with left hand was 105 kg but I've done over 160 lbs with grippers. Right hand best was over 115 kg, done over 170 lbs with that one. Results seems normal but I think the left hand was just a fluke, I only did that result once and I always do around 90-95 kg regardless of which grippers I can close, even when I can close grippers around 155-160. When you do that you should be able to get at least 100 kg on most dynamometers, but I don't.

Also hand size is a factor. If it's a dynamo you can adjust the handles on it's better. If it's not you might get very low numbers if your hands are small but you can still be very strong when deep set closing grippers.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 2:03 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Totally depends on what dynamo it is and how good you are with grippers. You can have a great results with a dynamo if you have bad technique with grippers, you might not get much of your strength out when closing grippers. Or it can be the other way around as well, as it is for me with my left hand. I think my best result with left hand was 105 kg but I've done over 160 lbs with grippers. Right hand best was over 115 kg, done over 170 lbs with that one. Results seems normal but I think the left hand was just a fluke, I only did that result once and I always do around 90-95 kg regardless of which grippers I can close, even when I can close grippers around 155-160. When you do that you should be able to get at least 100 kg on most dynamometers, but I don't.

Also hand size is a factor. If it's a dynamo you can adjust the handles on it's better. If it's not you might get very low numbers if your hands are small but you can still be very strong when deep set closing grippers.

Very interesting 🤔... So I guess I should grab a dynamo and not have great expectations. And see how it goes. And then post it on here haha... My hands are 21cm by the way. I'm 6'1" 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 7:03 AM, Fist of Fury said:

My results comport with yours.  My best right hand gripper close is the MM2, RGC probably low 160s, and I did 242 pounds (about 110kg) on the baseline dynamometer, which seems to go hand in hand (pun intended) with you closing 170 pounds RGC and 115kg dynamometer.  And I was present when Chez, who closes RGC 200, registered 280+ dyno, or 127-ish kg.  My left, which I train much less, is significantly weaker in both regards, about 140 RGC and 95kg dyno.  So it looks like a proportion of something like 3 to 2 dyno to gripper rating (obviously this is not a rule, just a rough correlation).

• Like 3

I think the grip machine is a better choice to compare numbers to a dyno…as long as there isn’t any lifting of the grip machine- just squeezing. 
they both test with the handles parallel which gives the stronger fingers the wheel…so to speak. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Very interesting 🤔... So I guess I should grab a dynamo and not have great expectations. And see how it goes. And then post it on here haha... My hands are 21cm by the way. I'm 6'1" 

Yes definitely get one. It's always best to have low expectations on everything then you can surprise yourself. As I said you could be better with dynamos than with grippers. You only know once you have tried. Your hand size shouldn't be a problem. It's a fun thing to try as well. To me it's like a grip toy I don't use if for something useful, it's just for fun.

• Like 1