White Tiger - Let's See What Happens if I Post Workouts

Vinnie

I think your capable of a GHP 8 cert attempt 💪

Lifting the inch would be quite a feat when paired with your #3 cert! I think you will do it if you want to and correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you technically find an inch that is 60mm as opposed to the 63.5mm(2.5") making it a tad bit easier to lift but you would still get the pride and cockiness to say "I LIFTED THE INCH!!" 😁

• Like 2

Vinnie, I think you can cert on GHP 8 in time and like Clint mentioned left hand cert on MM ladder. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Vinnie, I think you can cert on GHP 8 in time and like Clint mentioned left hand cert on MM ladder. 

I'd have to find a light GHP 8 for sure but maybe ... left hand I might be able to get MM0 on a light 3 even now, and the MM1 has such an easy set that maybe I could get to that also, with some work; I am at about 140 RGC lefty now but I think that is partly because I don't set well for lefty closes and probably would be a little higher with better sets.  

I was not aware that there are Inch dumbbells with varying thickness of handles.  Naturally then I should be attempting the easier one first, but I think I have a ways to go yet!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Busa said:

Going for a crushed to dust is something that could happen maybe more heavy lifting in general would be needed to break sticking points for that and if moving around might not be practical.

I don't think it is the weight stopping me on that, I think it is the grip on that one -- and usually for me on things like axle it really is the weight and not the grip stopping me, but I can left over 200 with one hand on a standard barbell no problem, have done 240-250 that way.  I just can't move 200 on a rolling thunder.  Or 75 on a wrist wrench!  Rotation and thick handles, whoa.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My last workout was Gripmas on Saturday, and this week I am starting to move into my apartment with my girlfriend.  My grippers are mostly in storage except for a few I couldn't let leave my side, so maybe I will do a workout this week with just those.  Gotta get through the move and the holidays and start a new life routine ... and get back here more regularly when I can!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Been a while.  Kind of let things slide after I certed the 3 two years ago, but this year I've been working grippers again pretty regularly.  I closed a 170 Tetting with a 20mm block set at the Stronghold Grip competition in Maine, and actually won the comp in part because of that close.  But no vid.

I did, however, get vid of my TNS PR (with a narrow Tetting rated 142), and an MMS PR (with my new Grip Genie 6 rated 171).  Those I put on Youtube and will link here.

Am I back with grippers after a little breakup?  Looks like maybe yes.  If Cannon gets that new cert going, that will seal the deal I think.  I'd love to be able to climb a ladder where the next increment isn't over 20 RGC lol.  I wasn't getting past MM2 anytime soon ...

Here is the Tetting SE (narrow) rated 142 TNS:

And here is the GG 6 rated 171 MMS:

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

If Cannon gets that new cert going, that will seal the deal I think. 

2024. :zorro: Logistically we are still talking about what we want versus what we can actually implement and maintain. 

• Like 4