Tetting BeefBuilder WorldClass - amazing find on eBay! Restoration process + Rating

Alex K

Hello everyone!

I just received my long awaited Tetting BeefBuilder World Class, which I got lucky to purchase off eBay. It is in pristine condition, which I am extremely happy about! Barely any restoration work has to be done. It's a very beautiful, hand-made gripper, and truly a part of grip history. I have started training grippers long after the Tetting era, which is why I never got to see a BeefBuilder with my own eyes until now. It's incredible. In my opinion, the small "imperfections" due to it being hand-made make them so unique and beautiful, giving them character, it's a true masterpiece for my small collection. :wub:

About the restoration: I polished the bottoms of the handles with some metal polish and a paper towel (literally just that), deep cleaned them with a toothbrush, soap and water, degreased the spring and covered it with some protective matte black spray paint. After that I oiled and rated it.

No power tools or anything other than widely available items was used. It was also extremely cheap to do! Here is the before and after (the spring is shiny due to the fresh silicone oil, the paint is 100% matte and looks epic!):

IMG_2708.thumb.jpg.68967b06e8d197c8700b0d5070860085.jpgIMG_2723.thumb.JPG.e35e65fa74e5663eef75fef9cff454e7.JPG

Now to the Rating: after completing everything I rated it, and it turned out to be 128 kg gSGR (my "gapless" variation of the SGR system by Vadim Murashkin), which is equal to 289 lbs RGC according to Cannon PowerWorks. Now that's a tough gripper. 

For anyone who's like me looking for BeefBuilder grippers, my advice would be to keep looking everywhere, eBay and Cannon are probably the two places where you should search first. I found mine randomly checking eBay. It was being sold along with many other BeefBuilder grippers in "New" condition. I bought the World Class, all the other grippers were purchased by other people within less than a day. 

I hope you enjoyed, and if you have any gripper rating/restoration questions I'm happy to help! :) Have a good day! 

Edited by Alexander Koss
  • Like 7

You could accomplish the same out come by purchasing a brick for 99 cents at the Home Depot. It will serve the dual purpose of paper weight and something no one can crush. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I noticed that one of Warren Tetting's sons appeared to be selling "Tetting" grippers on EBay in the last year. He might have been working through existing handles and springs. Was the seller something like Theotet?

I've seen his posts on eBay, but this one was from a private collection, someone was apparently selling all of their grippers, including the Beefs :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, Alexander Koss said:

Hello everyone!

I just received my long awaited Tetting BeefBuilder World Class, which I got lucky to purchase off eBay. It is in pristine condition, which I am extremely happy about! Barely any restoration work has to be done. It's a very beautiful, hand-made gripper, and truly a part of grip history. I have started training grippers long after the Tetting era, which is why I never got to see a BeefBuilder with my own eyes until now. It's incredible. In my opinion, the small "imperfections" due to it being hand-made make them so unique and beautiful, giving them character, it's a true masterpiece for my small collection. :wub:

About the restoration: I polished the bottoms of the handles with some metal polish and a paper towel (literally just that), deep cleaned them with a toothbrush, soap and water, degreased the spring and covered it with some protective matte black spray paint. After that I oiled and rated it.

No power tools or anything other than widely available items was used. It was also extremely cheap to do! Here is the before and after (the spring is shiny due to the fresh silicone oil, the paint is 100% matte and looks epic!):

IMG_2708.thumb.jpg.68967b06e8d197c8700b0d5070860085.jpgIMG_2723.thumb.JPG.e35e65fa74e5663eef75fef9cff454e7.JPG

Now to the Rating: after completing everything I rated it, and it turned out to be 128 kg gSGR (my "gapless" variation of the SGR system by Vadim Murashkin), which is equal to 289 lbs RGC according to Cannon PowerWorks. Now that's a tough gripper. 

For anyone who's like me looking for BeefBuilder grippers, my advice would be to keep looking everywhere, eBay and Cannon are probably the two places where you should search first. I found mine randomly checking eBay. It was being sold along with many other BeefBuilder grippers in "New" condition. I bought the World Class, all the other grippers were purchased by other people within less than a day. 

I hope you enjoyed, and if you have any gripper rating/restoration questions I'm happy to help! :) Have a good day! 

That is a gorgeous gripper congrats man 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:36 PM, Alexander Koss said:

Hello everyone!

Very beautiful gripper! Congrats on the find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:36 PM, Alexander Koss said:

Hello everyone!

She is mighty beautiful, my friend. i wonder if grippers more difficult than a GHP10 will ever be made again (someday) :D

• Thanks 1