Glenn Richard Brekke - Level 1

Bill Piche

gallery_9552_18_411.jpg

The GripBoard Proudly Certifies:

Glenn Richard Brekke

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 1

This certification is granted by The GripBoard as an independent third party with no ethical or commercial conflict of interest.

The Mash Monster Gripper is one of a limited number supplied and controlled by The GripBoard.

The gripper is closed with one hand under strict and uniformly ethical and authenticated conditions.

This momentous feat was demonstrated on video to assure it will be valid for posterity.

Official Mash Monster Video

Name: Glenn Richard Brekke
Height: 1,85cm
Weight: 100kg
Date of Feat: July 23, 2021
How Long Grip Training:  7 years
Current Grip Training Program:  Crush on Tuesday, wrist Wednesday, thick bar Friday and pinch grip Saturday

Other Training Info: Powerlifting
Other Info: 
Acknowledgements: I want to thank my father who made my first lifting bar and weight plates, and let me have a gym upstairs in the garage. Also, my brother, for all our workouts together.

glennrichard.jpg

Glenn Richard Brekke, the 119th man in the world to close the Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?
I competed in javelin throwing in my youth and needed strength, so I started lifting when I was 14years. After I was done with throwing,
I only lifted till I finished my military service, then I began boxing. I boxed for 10 years, while still lifting heavy, until I had to operate on both shoulders. Went to treatment for 2 years before I could lift again, after that I have always lifted and trained my grip. Lifting is a huge part of my life.

How did you get into grip training?
A good friend of mine came home from his studies in England with a Robert Baraban 130 gripper, I loved it right away.

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?
Train continuously.

What does your current grip routine look like?
Crush on Tuesday, wrist Wednesday, thick bar Friday and pinch grip Saturday

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?
Less repetitions and more sets.

There seems to be a significant variation in the frequency of grip workouts among trainees. Have you experimented with workout frequency and it’s affect on your training?
I like to experiment a lot in my training.  What I have noticed over time is that I need more rest between sessions.

What are your favorite grip exercises?
Must say grippers, but I like em all.

What kind of starting routine would you recommend for a trainee new to grip training?
Many varieties of essential exercises for grippers (crush), wrist, thick bar and pinch for about once a week.

Who do you most admire in gripdom?
There are so many, but the first guy I had to watch all grip training videos off on YouTube, was Paul Knight.

If you were to start over again with your grip training, what would you do differently?
Nothing, everything is a lesson.

What do you believe is the most difficult grip exercise?
Creditcard setting a heavy gripper when you have short fingers.

What are some of your personal bests in grip exercises?
Silver Bullet with a COC #3 Rgc 150, for 55sec

What do you believe is the most common mistake made by new grip trainees?
Train too little or too much.

What do you consider to be the greatest grip feats of all time?
Do not know.

Do you have any parting advice for readers?
Train smart.