Armlifting Training Report

Bigfoot Grip

November 22 2022 pinch training

AASS 2H 2" Pinch Block-1x1(163lbs)*PR, 3x4(137lbs)*volume PR

Wrist Reinforcer-levering in all directions for sets of 10-12 reps

November 26 thick bar & wrist(plate curl) training

IM Stacker Curl-1x2(26lbs)*PR, 2x3(20lbs)

FBBC Pro DB Inch Trainer(2.5")-26x1(100lbs)*using weak technique

December 2 back, bicep & finger/wrist training

Plate loaded seated row-7 sets

Plate loaded preacher curl-6 sets

BB Finger Curls-7 sets

Pronation with bands & kettlebells-4x10

December 6 pinch & wrist training

GoG 1H 60mm Pinch Block-1x1(86lbs)*PR RPE 9.5, 2x5ct hold(75lbs), 2x8ct hold(70lbs) 

Seated Axle Wrist Curls-4x10(95lbs top set)*PR

Seated Axle Reverse Wrist Curls-3x12(45lbs)

Been busy with life but getting to the gym more consistently doing bench press, ohp, squats, dips & pullups. . Missed being on the board 😁 I'll try to keep my training log current. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

November 22 2022 pinch training

AASS 2H 2" Pinch Block-1x1(163lbs)*PR, 3x4(137lbs)*volume PR

Wrist Reinforcer-levering in all directions for sets of 10-12 reps

November 26 thick bar & wrist(plate curl) training

IM Stacker Curl-1x2(26lbs)*PR, 2x3(20lbs)

FBBC Pro DB Inch Trainer(2.5")-26x1(100lbs)*using weak technique

December 2 back, bicep & finger/wrist training

Plate loaded seated row-7 sets

Plate loaded preacher curl-6 sets

BB Finger Curls-7 sets

Pronation with bands & kettlebells-4x10

December 6 pinch & wrist training

GoG 1H 60mm Pinch Block-1x1(86lbs)*PR RPE 9.5, 2x5ct hold(75lbs), 2x8ct hold(70lbs) 

Seated Axle Wrist Curls-4x10(95lbs top set)*PR

Seated Axle Reverse Wrist Curls-3x12(45lbs)

Been busy with life but getting to the gym more consistently doing bench press, ohp, squats, dips & pullups. . Missed being on the board 😁 I'll try to keep my training log current. 

Life has a funny way of keeping us from doing the stuff we want.

Which isn't always a bad thing, it probably keeps me out of trouble.  I'd like to by an IM stacker but they really give it to you with their shipping prices.

• Like 1

Awesome session @Bigfoot Grip

20 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'd like to by an IM stacker but they really give it to you with their shipping prices.

Probably super easy to make from a piece of wood/rectangular steel pipe + huge bolt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matek said:

Awesome session @Bigfoot Grip

Probably super easy to make from a piece of wood/rectangular steel pipe + huge bolt

yeah, ive thought about using that. Or even actual firebrick. Supposedly my grandfather could stack 6 firebrick  which are 9×4½×2½ inches and 7lbs each and lift them.  I sorta have a hard time believing it but multiple people have said he could. 

Whether he could or couldn't I'm going to do it someday in his honor.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Life has a funny way of keeping us from doing the stuff we want.

Which isn't always a bad thing, it probably keeps me out of trouble.  I'd like to by an IM stacker but they really give it to you with their shipping prices.

I hear you, it doesn't get any easier 😄

That sucks about IM shipping. I know you're on the east coast and they're in Cali so that doesn't help either. I got lucky and was able to buy mine from a Canadian supplier so shipping was like $14.95 CAD. I originally bought it because I was inspired by Herman Goerner and his crazy feats of wrist & hand strength. Then once I started finding out about how effective plate curls were I figured instead of ordering a loadable plate curl device why don't I just use the stacker as a makeshift plate curl device lol. It's an interesting piece of equipment in that it's like a hybrid pinch block+wrist training device. Personally I absolutely love the thing and believe it has helped my lifts. Like @matek said it wouldn't be hard to make one as a cheaper alternative. 

Edited by Bigfoot Grip
  • Like 1

Dec 13 2022 thick bar training

DOH Axle Deadlift-4x1(295lbs), 2xfail(315lbs)*pulled to about knee height, 3x5(245lbs)+long hold on last rep 

Edited by Bigfoot Grip
  • Like 4

Dec 19 pinch & wrist training

2H 3" AASS Pinch Block-1x1(161lbs)*PR, 1x10s timed hold(148lbs), 1x12s timed hold(143lbs)

1H 3" AASS Pinch Block-1xamrap(68lbs)*10 singles in each hand with reset

Wrist Reinforcer(supination+pronation)-5x5(17lbs top set)*PR

Need to bring up my 1H pinch more in the wide and thin pinch widths. Medium width seems to be my strongest thus far. 

Edited by Bigfoot Grip
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, RunningRiot4Fun said:

How do you like the thumb blaster? Have you seen any carry over for your thickbar/rolling thunder lifts? 

I'm actually not a huge fan of it tbh. I much prefer using pinch blocks over the thumb blaster. But then again pinch blocks are my fav grip training tool 😁. I haven't used it enough to be able to confirm the carryover to thickbar lifts. I'd imagine there would be some. The 2" or 2 3/8" might carryover more to thickbar but it may depend on your hand size and strengths/weaknesses. 

• Like 2

Dec 22 thick bar training

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-2x1(172lbs)*PR, 6x2(157lbs, 152lbs, 147lbs, 142lbs, 137lbs, 132lbs)

Axle Reverse Curls-3x10(75lbs)*PR? usually perform these with a thumbless grip but wanted to mix it up

• Like 6

Dec 26 2022 pinch training

2H 80mm Silarukov Pinch Block-1x1(159lbs)*PR RPE 9.5, 2x10 second timed holds(146.5lbs, 143lbs), 1x5(134lbs)

IM Stacker Supinated Pinch Holds-37.5lbs for 10 second holds

• Like 5

Dec 31 2022 pinch & wrist training

2H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-1x1(167lbs)*PR, 1x6 second hold(152lbs), 1x10 second hold(145lbs)

1H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-1x5L/7R(56lbs), 1x5L/7R(61lbs), 1x5L/7R(64lbs)*intentionally did more volume with my right hand to bring up my weakness. Also I reset every rep these were not continuous.

Seated Axle Wrist Curls-2x20(75lbs, 85lbs)

Happy new years fellas! Liquor store sold out of the high life's so my wife bought me something else 😎🍻

1512918457_image1(9).jpeg

• Like 7

Never heard of those but the people in your area have great taste if they really ran out of high life’s.

• Haha 1

Jan 3 2023 thickbar

50mm Fat Gripz Neutral Grip Pullups-2x5, 3x3, 2x2

60mm Fat Gripz BB Holds(in power rack)-worked between 225lbs-275lbs for time

Bodies beat to shite lol. Decided to pull from the pins and just do holds today instead of pulling from the floor. I seem to lift about the same weight which surprised me. 

• Like 5

Jan 8 2023 pinch 

2H 2" AASS Pinch Block-1x1(171lbs)*PR

Deficit 2H 2" AASS Pinch Block-1x2(155lbs) 1x2(152lbs) 

Deficit 1H 2" AASS Pinch Block-1x2(66lbs) 1x2(71lbs) 1x9(56lbs)

Best session to date 💪started using more tilt into my 2H pinch so I skipped wrist work because my wrists were fried. 

• Like 6

Jan 10 2023 crush training

20mm Block Set Grippers-1x1 CoC 2*both hands, 1x1 GHP 5*RH, 1x1 CoC 2.5*RH, 1x1 GHP 6*RH, 1xfail SG Fe(135)

Feeling decent about these results given I don't train grippers. Previous PR close was the GHP 6 from a MMS so I roughly tied that result. I noticed 20mm block set grippers would be contested at Canadian Grip Sport nats so in the chance I compete I want to know were I fall. I did a bunch of band squats in between the gripper attempts. 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Trained with @Nuttgenstoday. Flask & LBH for me. Steve hit big lifts on the 2" Arm Assassin pinch block and 2 3/8 wrist wrench 💪 prepping for Canada Grip Sport contests in 2023 🇨🇦

2H Flask-178.5lbs*PR

1H Flask-84lbs*PR

LBH-164.7lbs*PR

• Like 7

Nice, very confident lift.👍

Good luck with the prep. Wish we had something like that here. Prepping for powerlifting meets used to motivate me a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, matek said:

Nice, very confident lift.👍

Good luck with the prep. Wish we had something like that here. Prepping for powerlifting meets used to motivate me a lot. 

Thanks buddy. Man those were the days lol. I found alot more went into powerlifting prep. Grip Sport is nice in that its a bit more laid back and easier to train solo for. It would be great if the sport gained some traction in Japan. I've followed a number of Japanese and Korean gripsters and they're very impressive. Good to see you on the mend 👍 I never forgot those insane bends!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks buddy. Man those were the days lol. I found alot more went into powerlifting prep. Grip Sport is nice in that its a bit more laid back and easier to train solo for.

Yea, I can imagine! I also spent quite a lot of time in the gym back then. 

It would be great if the sport gained some traction in Japan. I've followed a number of Japanese and Korean gripsters and they're very impressive.

Some of them are crazy good with grippers, especially relative to their bw. There are a few really strong blob guys, but grippers and armwrestling are much more popular. 

Good to see you on the mend 👍 I never forgot those insane bends!

Thank you! How about your bending journey? I guess if you're prepping for a grip comp you won't do much bending..

6 hours ago, matek said:

Thank you! How about your bending journey? I guess if you're prepping for a grip comp you won't do much bending..

I let bending take a backseat. I like it alot but I just love grip more. I do occasionally bend up to a blue nail. I think to progress beyond that I would require more dedicated training. 

Are you still going to attempt the Nanook DU cert?

• Like 3

On 1/29/2023 at 4:03 AM, Bigfoot Grip said:

I let bending take a backseat. I like it alot but I just love grip more. I do occasionally bend up to a blue nail. I think to progress beyond that I would require more dedicated training. 

Are you still going to attempt the Nanook DU cert?

Eventually, yes. But first, I have to DU the Horrido 8.8. I will have my first "bending anniversary" in March, and it would've been nice to finish the 8.8 before that, but I think I will bend in singles for a while. 

• Like 1