Armlifting Training Report

Bigfoot Grip

May 20 training.

Pullups-4xamrap

Dips-3x10

Axle Reverse Wrist Curl-5x10

May 25 training. 

1H 60mm Pinch Block-6x5+hold on last rep(top set was 65lbs)

Standing Axle Wrist Curls-5x10

Axle Reverse Wrist Curls-4x15

Happy with this kick off for my KK prep. I'll probably use this GoG block as a substitute for the Flask along with my 50mm block. 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Results from Canadian GS nationals. May 15 2022 in Regina, Saskatchewan.

IM Axle-140kg

IM Blockbuster Pinch Block-32kg

2.25" Crusher-69.5kg

2H Tips Tester-133.8kg

Little Big Horn-68.5kg

Reflecting on this meet, I should have attempted 145kg on the axle because I felt like I had that in me. I was worried about my grip endurance given the 5 events we had to do that day so I passed on even attempting 145. Turns out my endurance was fine lol. Ah well, at least now I know to give it my all next time. Interestingly my tips tester PR is almost the same as my doh axle which is odd. I have never used a tips tester nor seen one in my life. So I was surprised at how well I managed on this device. Had a great time and shared the platform with some monsters 💪🦍 The ladies were incredible to watch and everytime I thought the last attempt was made, someone would one up the next person lol. 

My next meet will likely be King Kong 2022. 

Nice work man. Strong lifts. That blockbuster lift is huge.

King Kong in sask also?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Nice work man. Strong lifts. That blockbuster lift is huge.

King Kong in sask also?

Thanks buddy! Luckily the Blockbuster was more seasoned than our blocks. I think you would have done really well at that meet. 

Yeah the next KK Canada locations I believe are in Ottawa, Regina and possibley Cranbrook? The meet is around Halloween. I ordered a Finnish Ball from Arm Assassin to help prep for the events. I like that there is several pinch style lifts in the meet 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks buddy! Luckily the Blockbuster was more seasoned than our blocks. I think you would have done really well at that meet. 

Yeah the next KK Canada locations I believe are in Ottawa, Regina and possibley Cranbrook? The meet is around Halloween. I ordered a Finnish Ball from Arm Assassin to help prep for the events. I like that there is several pinch style lifts in the meet 👍

Nice. I don’t really know what days I’m working yet but hopefully I can make it to that one.

• Like 1

Todays training...

Finnish Ball(1st time)-1x1(40lbs)*LH only, 3x15sec hold(30lbs)*both hands

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle(thumbless grip)-5x5+hold on last rep(heaviest set was 120lbs)

Seated Axle Reverse Wrist Curls-3x12

Just got my Arm Assassin Finnish Ball & 1 5/8" Thumb Blaster today 😎 really nice implements. I found out I'm horrible at the Finnish Ball so I need to train it often lol. It's definitely the oddest grip tool I've ever used. I'd imagine once I figure out the technique better, the numbers will go up 👍 it feels like it's also a pain tolerance test haha. 

• Like 7

Grippers & thumb work today.

30mm Set Block Grippers-5x5+overcrush hold on last rep(best result was CoC 2 with plenty to spare 😁) CoC 2.5(132)x1 RH, CoC 3(147)xfail RH. Felt warmed up so gave these couple heavy singles a go. 

1 5/8" AASS Thumb Blaster-5x5(heaviest set 65lbs)

Did this workout 12 hours ago in the morning before work, but I had to run out the door and didn't get time to log it lol. Felt great to use my grippers again because it's been about 6 months since I've used them. Seems like my strength is still similar on them despite not training them. Happy with a CoC 2.5 close. Unfortunately the #3 is still a long ways away. I warmed up with the CCS width and it felt very foreign and off to me which is strange considering I used to love wide set grippers. Almost like the hiatus made my body want to perform narrower sets as opposed to wide 🤔 Thumb Blaster was alot harder than I envisioned it would be so this is something I'll incorporate occasionally. Excited to try the crimp grip with this device soon. 

• Like 8

Pinch & wrist training today. 

1H 50mm Silarukov Pinch Block-5x5+hold on last rep(heaviest 65lbs) 13x1(55lbs)

Wrist Reinforcer-Pronation, rise, holds etc

• Like 6

Thick bar, pinch & wrist work training today. 

60mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-5x5 ramped sets+long hold on last rep. Heaviest was 113lbs

Finnish Ball-4xholds(heaviest was 33lbs)

Seated Axle Wrist Curls-4x12(75lbs)

Seated Axle Reverse Wrist Curls-2x20(43lbs)

Finally had a great training session since nationals. I did a couple gym workouts since my last grip session but I seldom log those on the board. Mostly squats, finger curls, pullups etc. I'm figuring out what works for my hand anatomy on the Finnish Ball. It seems like gripping it with the index & thumb closer together helps me lift more as opposed to them being parallel. Almost like I get more wrist involved 🤔

• Like 7

2H 2" AASS Pinch Block-1x1(157.5lbs)*tied PR, 1x1(160lbs)*PR, 1x6(132.5lbs), 1x11(107.5lbs)

IM Wrist Reinforcer-Pronation etc. sets of 10 reps

Slowly building momentum for the next comp. Gym workouts have been squat, bench & pullup variations lately. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

2H 2" AASS Pinch Block-1x1(157.5lbs)*tied PR, 1x1(160lbs)*PR, 1x6(132.5lbs), 1x11(107.5lbs)

IM Wrist Reinforcer-Pronation etc. sets of 10 reps

Slowly building momentum for the next comp. Gym workouts have been squat, bench & pullup variations lately. 

What’s your next comp? King Kong? I Think I’m gonna try to make it to that one might have to start training 1 hand flask and little big horn now to prepare.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

What’s your next comp? King Kong? I Think I’m gonna try to make it to that one might have to start training 1 hand flask and little big horn now to prepare.

Hey buddy, yeah I'm thinking probaly KK at the Regina location. I really like the gym that nats was hosted in(Mettle) and the competition is fierce out in Saskatchewan. I wanted to try to do the Armlifting super series but my tendons got wrecked from the Tips Tester haha. I still really want to do an Armlifting meet so I can try out a saxon bar. 

Hope you get out to a KK host somewhere because your flask, rolling handle & lbh game is strong 👊

• Thanks 1

Thickbar, pinch & wrist training today. 

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-3x10(107.5lbs)+long hold on last rep

IM Hub-worked up to 1x1(49.6lbs)*PR RH only

IM Stacker Curls-3x8(15lbs)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thickbar, pinch & wrist training today. 

50mm Silarukov Rolling Handle-3x10(107.5lbs)+long hold on last rep

IM Hub-worked up to 1x1(49.6lbs)*PR RH only

IM Stacker Curls-3x8(15lbs)

Nice PR on the hub. 50lbs is strong man I think you have me beat.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

Nice PR on the hub. 50lbs is strong man I think you have me beat.

Thanks man! I use the sideways thumb style method instead of the regular claw grip style. Seems to help get a few more lbs out of it. I think it's considered "freestyle grip". 

• Like 2

2H pinch & wrist training today. 

2H 3" AASS Pinch Block-worked up to 1x1(157lbs)*tied PR, 1xmiss(163lbs)*got some air, 1x4(133lbs), 1x10(113lbs), 1x14(103lbs)

IM Wrist Reinforcer-pronation+supination supersets. radial+ulnar deviation. 

• Like 6

Grippers, V Bar & dynamic pinch training today. 

30mm Block Set+CCS superset grippers-5/5(CoC 1), 3/3(CoC 1.5), 1/1(CoC 2)*both hands

Silver Bullet-1x20.86 seconds(CoC 2.5 132)*Huge PR RH only

Grip Genie Hilt(no spin) Timed Holds-4x12 seconds(130lbs)*both hands, 1x10(110lbs)+long hold on last rep

Pony Pinch-3x15

First time trying to superset grippers to vastly different widths. I keep the gripper set for the whole duration of the set. It felt very weird going from 30mm to CCS width lol. Also doing some very strict Hilt work to be ready for the Armlifting standards, should I compete there someday. 

• Like 5

On 6/30/2022 at 11:17 PM, Jet Black Heart said:

Nice work. Why’s a Pony Pinch?

Thanks man. Pony pinch is just a spring clamp which you can add resistance to usually with rubber bands. I bought mine from Cannon Powerworks and I like it because it's light in weight and doesn't tear skin 😁 it also works the thumbs differently vs pinch blocks/saxon bars because it's a dynamic movement as opposed to isometric. 

PP2_360x.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Nice lift 

• Thanks 1

Pinch & wrist work today. 

1H 60mm GoG Pinch Block-worked up to 1x1(80lbs)*PR both hands, 6x1(70lbs), 7x1(65lbs)

IM Stacker-3x10 second holds(20lbs brick lift style) 1x12(15lb plate curl)

I set a goal a while back to 1H pinch 80lbs+ on any size pinch block, so I'm glad I got that monkey off my back. Interesting it came in the form of 60mm. Short term goal is 40kg+ long term is 50kg+. I've been working 12 hour days at work so not much if any gym workouts for me. Luckily grip is still moving in the right direction 😎 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Pinch & wrist work today. 

1H 60mm GoG Pinch Block-worked up to 1x1(80lbs)*PR both hands, 6x1(70lbs), 7x1(65lbs)

IM Stacker-3x10 second holds(20lbs brick lift style) 1x12(15lb plate curl)

I set a goal a while back to 1H pinch 80lbs+ on any size pinch block, so I'm glad I got that monkey off my back. Interesting it came in the form of 60mm. Short term goal is 40kg+ long term is 50kg+. I've been working 12 hour days at work so not much if any gym workouts for me. Luckily grip is still moving in the right direction 😎 

Congrats on hitting your goal man. It’s always good when things are moving in the right direction. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Congrats on hitting your goal man. It’s always good when things are moving in the right direction. 

Thanks bro! How you work so much and do the powerbuilding+grip stuff amazes me. Also I see you're putting up big numbers on the flask 💪 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks bro! How you work so much and do the powerbuilding+grip stuff amazes me. Also I see you're putting up big numbers on the flask 💪 

Thanks man. Work has slowed down a bit for me just been putting in 10 hour days Monday-Friday for the last 6 weeks or so it’s been nice. Should just be doing 50 hours a week for the rest of summer now too.

Working 12s and trying to do anything after work sucks. Hopefully you don’t have too much longer on 12 hour days. 

1 hand on the flask felt really weird for me so hopefully I can get that up as I get more used to it. One bonus is it doesn’t peel the skin of my thumb like 2 hand does haha. 

Edited by Nuttgens
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuttgens said:

Thanks man. Work has slowed down a bit for me just been putting in 10 hour days Monday-Friday for the last 6 weeks or so it’s been nice. Should just be doing 50 hours a week for the rest of summer now too.

Working 12s and trying to do anything after work sucks. Hopefully you don’t have too much longer on 12 hour days. 

1 hand on the flask felt really weird for me so hopefully I can get that up as I get more used to it. One bonus is it doesn’t peel the skin of my thumb like 2 hand does haha. 

Good to hear you're down to 10 hour days. Even that can wear a person out, especially doing the physical jobs we have. 

You'll get used to the 1H flask. I find 1H has better carryover to 2H than the reverse. I think you will get to 100+ on the 1H flask over time 👍

• Thanks 1