DIY wrist rotation hack

Joe Sullivan

Do it yourself with some pipe and some elbow joints for a wrist pronation and supination tool that works better than a sledge because of the angle of the bar Keeping tension at the top of the movement. The sledge loses tension as You turn your wrist, this does not. ENJOY

• Like 5

I made one of these too a while back it's amazing. Great for all the directions and can even do it upside down for a slight variation. It was a lifesaver back when I only had 1 sledge hammer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I made one of these too a while back it's amazing. Great for all the directions and can even do it upside down for a slight variation. It was a lifesaver back when I only had 1 sledge hammer. 

I love my sledges because they feel different but this works it a little better IMO due to the resistance getting constant as we turn it. The sledges lose some Resistance as we pronate due to the straight handle. The bent angle of the handle on the pipe version is on point. I like to hold it at the completion of a rep as well as the tension continues .

I remember you making a Video several years ago, similar to this Video, about making a homemade Sledge out of pipe with an angle handle.   Based on your old Video I made one and still use it today (with much lighter weight).   I like it much better than the straight handle - also like that you can change the weight on the end.   Also based on one of your Videos several months ago, I started using isometric holds of 8-10 seconds with the angle handle.   I find myself watching a lot of Videos over the years,  and you are the only person that I have seen who has posed Videos about using a Sledge with an angle handle (again you really have a great idea).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary Gray said:

I remember you making a Video several years ago, similar to this Video, about making a homemade Sledge out of pipe with an angle handle.   Based on your old Video I made one and still use it today (with much lighter weight).   I like it much better than the straight handle - also like that you can change the weight on the end.   Also based on one of your Videos several months ago, I started using isometric holds of 8-10 seconds with the angle handle.   I find myself watching a lot of Videos over the years,  and you are the only person that I have seen who has posed Videos about using a Sledge with an angle handle (again you really have a great idea).

Thank you, brother l like to use both the hammer and the angle handle and one other device with the chain and the disc with the handle in between. They all have their place. I had deleted my you tube and started new and this is the device you saw in the old videos. 

Could you please post a short Video showing the  "other device with the chain and the disc with the handle in  between".

I just cannot picture what this looks like -  Thank You

• Like 1

Here it is. It’s called a top roller, I think. It’s made by arm assassin 

• Like 1