Tried something new

Joe Sullivan

Baby 125 FBBC inch held in a row position for time. Haven’t done much grip outside of some hammers and the total gym. Pleased with the time. It’s fun to do different things with the equipment.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

That poor chair barely survived ☠️⚰️😁

Haha this is the best chair, man! It’s so solid. It’s perfect for some seated things and rows like this. Someone was throwing it away and I snatched it up. I have a bench to but it’s just easier with the chair sometimes.

• Like 1

Always enjoy your posts Joe. I like how you train grip with mostly bread and butter type of lifts and your 2 3/8 axle work is seriously impressive and inspiring. That bar must have some nice carryover to the 2" axle and maybe saxon bar?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Always enjoy your posts Joe. I like how you train grip with mostly bread and butter type of lifts and your 2 3/8 axle work is seriously impressive and inspiring. That bar must have some nice carryover to the 2" axle and maybe saxon bar?

Thank you brother, the basics are the best. I don’t mess with any of those small things. And yes 2 3/8 inch Axel carries over to many things. One does not need all the fancy toys unless they want them and collect them or want them to compete specifically. But even then all you need are a few fat grips, some axles if you like and things to pinch with. And of course sledgehammers cannot be forgotten in my opinion. Most of the stuff is easily gotten cheap. With all of the little weird things in grip they could get time consuming if one was to focus on all of that, if you focus on the big pinch, the big thick bar A little wrist strengthening and some vertical bar which is all very easily attained equipment it will make one a beast. I try to focus on the things that help you the most in real life whether it be a combat situation, a life-saving situation, or just generally making life easier as far as strength is concerned, the most bang for your buck. My philosophy on training is to get in and get out and enjoy life and not spend my life training. My workouts Rarely last more than a half an hour. In and out bro. No more than three times a week. But I have the rest of the week to enjoy time.

Edited by Joe Sullivan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

You should have seen his sledge feats on his previous account. 💪💪💪💪

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

You should have seen his sledge feats on his previous account. 💪💪💪💪

I still have most of them on my YouTube  hammerforged1978

• Like 2

This feat is so cool, but didn't you do it in your garage with 20's?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

This feat is so cool, but didn't you do it in your garage with 20's?

Yes I did double 20s regular sledges and double 22s shot loadables . I don’t have those on you tube. I will check my photos. 

Update... all I could find is a photo of the double 20s for an autograph request from John Oka... I think some of the best feats were on my old you tube that got deleted. I have a few videos strict levering a 16 for 20 reps which I am sure would be a world record.

FB430344-AE28-4025-8EC4-54EE965C5B3E.jpeg

Edited by Joe Sullivan
  • Like 3

Thanks for the advice big Joe. I heard your outlook on grip when Jedd had you on TWIG podcast. Makes sense what your saying about the main building blocks/foundational type of lifts. Man those Sahlaney inch style db's you train with looks like they would make a person brutally strong! Do you do other strength work like squats, bench ect. or mostly just grip stuff? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks for the advice big Joe. I heard your outlook on grip when Jedd had you on TWIG podcast. Makes sense what your saying about the main building blocks/foundational type of lifts. Man those Sahlaney inch style db's you train with looks like they would make a person brutally strong! Do you do other strength work like squats, bench ect. or mostly just grip stuff? 

Yes the inch dumbbells are awesome. I do mostly push-ups and weighted pull-ups besides what you see on my YouTube videos. I do a lot of battle ropes stuff as well in between sets. Are used to be a power lifter and did bench squat and dead lift but I had back surgery and neck surgery and elbow surgery so that’s why I turned to grip and arm wrestling as an alternative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yes the inch dumbbells are awesome. I do mostly push-ups and weighted pull-ups besides what you see on my YouTube videos. I do a lot of battle ropes stuff as well in between sets. Are used to be a power lifter and did bench squat and dead lift but I had back surgery and neck surgery and elbow surgery so that’s why I turned to grip and arm wrestling as an alternative.

Thanks for the feedback. I watched your arm wrestling matches and you have some crazy potential! I can't imagine how it would feel to grip up with you haha with those titanium wrists! 

• Like 1

Should have mentioned I used to be a powerlifter myself. So I hear you on the past injuries you accumulate in the sport over time. Also I appreciate you went the natural road as its inspiring for guys like me who are "non-enhanced". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks for the feedback. I watched your arm wrestling matches and you have some crazy potential! I can't imagine how it would feel to grip up with you haha with those titanium wrists! 

Thanks, man. I arm wrestle very very little because it inhibits my ability to do my job lifting patients in physical therapy. That means I rarely do table time.... just gym work related to it. Seems to do the trick and not make much of a difference as far as whether I get the table time in. I’m 43 and need a lot of recovery to grow and get stronger. I have a tendency to overdo arm wrestling because it’s so fun at the expense of life being miserable from it... haha!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Should have mentioned I used to be a powerlifter myself. So I hear you on the past injuries you accumulate in the sport over time. Also I appreciate you went the natural road as its inspiring for guys like me who are "non-enhanced". 

Thank you brother. I always wanted to know what I can do on my own and not going the other route. I feel if I did the “thing that shall not be spoken” on this board that I would never know what I truly would have done On my own and what was the substance . It’s a personal choice for one to do it and their decision it is just not for me. It’s nice to be able to stack yourself up strength wise to anyone who’s ever lived where they are enhanced or not.

• Like 1