Armwrestling novice question: 80KG pull on cable weights how strong is this?

ultimatemorty

I have rigged up two separate setups to test my absolute pulling power armwrestling. on the cable machine I tested the weight to see how accurate it was and it was pretty good. Wasn't one of the harder or easier ones, it was about right.

I could only just with 100% effort pull 80kg. Question is: Is this good or am I still really weak. 

Numbers don't really matter as long as yours are going up. Table time is the goal. The way you measure whether you're good or not is your performance against other good people. I can beat people stronger than me, and people weaker than me could beat me it's not entirely irrelevant but the exact value for these gym lifts don't have a perfect transfer to the table. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I want to see actual video of what YOU  are doing, not examples of them from the internet. We can’t help or see what you are doing right or wrong from that. 

Don't have a video sorry. Was earlier in the day. It's basically a one hand wrist strap on the cable machine set up on a 30 inch box or so. I just wanted to see how much force was being applied during the pushing stage of the armwrestle. Pulling in this case. I'm a number geek haha

Yeah. Most cable machines use a pulley system where the cable is looped around a wheel that’s attached to the weight. For that type of system the weight is around about half. Best way to measure the true weight is to invest in a digital crane scale and pull to see what the “real” weight that’s actually going into your hand is. 80kg is alot of weight for someone who’s first name isn’t Levan so my guess is that the real weight is likely around 40kg, which is still a strong lift.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 8:47 AM, Joe Sullivan said:

Yea, I was gonna say, if he’s doing 80kg on any arm wrestling pulley movement clean then he is a mutant or trolling . That’s why I said post video to see what he’s actually doing. 

I do get that those pulleys differ. I've been on a cable machine where I could tricep extension the 60kg and on anotherone barely hit 20kg.

FWIW it was the dual arm system. I'll take a photo of the setup next time I'm at the gym and double check whether it pulls accurately.

I basically just set up one of the box jumps and attached a one arm cable to the pin and kept going up until I couldn't move it anymore.

Actually I found some photos. Here are the stacks. I don't know how to work out how the pulleys work in terms of resistance. It's the one in the middle with the two cables, but the stack is the same as the one on the outside. Imagine putting a jump box in the middle there and pulling from there.

BTW I'm on the spectrum and I'm obsessed with collecting numbers. I'm not part of an aw club so I wanted to know if I was any good.

20210629_010654.jpg

20210629_010719.jpg

Without video of a specific exercise, it's hard to say if this is a good weight. And if I have no idea about the weight of athlete. But... In some hook exercises, this is the weight for the medalist (not for winner) in the women's 55kg category on the National Championships. A young guy, ranking near 10 from 20+ competitors in the 60-65kg category among juniors under 18, will pull this and more weight several times in most exercises. Perhaps only toproll wariants associated with abduction or pronators will be performed with lower weights ...