Road to the #3 cert and potentially more

Jermiah Merciconah

Good training session today, I haven't been recording as much in training because i'm 100% focus on the milestone, But decided to give this a go today

Closing a gripper in this fashion is honestly way harder than standing up

• Like 4

Been a little while since i've posted last, Was at my friend's farm for the past week, Just getting back had an amazing session, Everything felt right, Also managed to hit this little milestone, Its honestly not a great recording angle and it would never pass for ironmind but i'm super happy i managed to close it

Also just in comparing in my hand (not rated) this 3 which belongs to my friend feels probably a good 10% harder than my own 3, So big things coming

Edited by Jermiah Merciconah
addendum
  • Like 3

I swear the messiest my room gets is when i have a fresh pack of walnuts

Double crack denis style

A medley/ASMR video of cracking walnuts to finish off the bag

Don't think i've ever shown myself doing an attempt on this russian torture contraption, I like to set the handles far apart since i have long hands, I feel it gives me far better leverage for a good squeeze

1 hour ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Don't think i've ever shown myself doing an attempt on this russian torture contraption, I like to set the handles far apart since i have long hands, I feel it gives me far better leverage for a good squeeze

Nice dude!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been recording many of my training sessions because its more of the same, #3 CCS closes, GHP 8 closes etc etc,

I'm moving onto the other part of my training block which focuses more on specifically MMS/Parallel set closes for the MM certs when they open back up, I've bought a much harder #3 and #3.5 to help me out with it, I haven't tried a cobalt close but from how my GHP and 3.5 are feeling i should have it with ease

• Like 1

Today's session was great, Hands are pain free and feeling good, Getting in some big closes, Missed my 3.5 by a hair but managed to get in some GHP 8 and ofc

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted an update in a couple weeks so i'll post a bulk update now

Had a slight injury in my right hand (reaggravating a nerve injury i got a couple months back) but am all healed up and ready to resume training on my right

Left has been getting stronger, I'm about a half mm from closing the Cobalt on my left, Just some wonkiness with the set is holding me back

Haven't talked about this but i've been getting my supporting grip alot stronger, Mostly doing barbell holds but can now support just shy of 800lbs behind my back rackpull style

I've been stocking up on more grippers, Tried to purchase some Silarukov grippers but the owner hasn't gotten back to me in nearly a week with the payment instructions so i'm not bothering, I've purchased some Baraban grippers (the torsion spring not the adjustables as i don't like adjustables), I purchased the 210 and 240 for my brother as well as the 300 and 330 for myself

Received a rated 3 and 3.5 at 156 and 172 respectively, As well as a 3 from a failed 3 cert attempt

proof read your damn novels kids
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Haven't posted an update in a couple weeks so i'll post a bulk update now

Had a slight injury in my right hand (reaggravating a nerve injury i got a couple months back) but am all healed up and ready to resume training on my right

Left has been getting stronger, I'm about a half mm from closing the Cobalt on my left, Just some wonkiness with the set is holding me back

Haven't talked about this but i've been getting my supporting grip alot stronger, Mostly doing barbell holds but can now support just shy of 800lbs behind my back rackpull style

I've been stocking up on more grippers, Tried to purchase some Silarukov grippers but the owner hasn't gotten back to me in nearly a week with the payment instructions so i'm not bothering, I've purchased some Baraban grippers (the torsion spring not the adjustables as i don't like adjustables), I purchased the 210 and 240 for my brother as well as the 300 and 330 for myself

Received a rated 3 and 3.5 at 156 and 172 respectively, As well as a 3 from a failed 3 cert attempt

Awesome progress mate be careful  It would suck to see you get hurt.

By the way what are your best strongman/gym lifts I know you don't post any of your strongman training but I am kinda curious about your numbers.

I love watching strongman/powerlifting despite not being strong myself haha.

7 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Awesome progress mate be careful  It would suck to see you get hurt.

By the way what are your best strongman/gym lifts I know you don't post any of your strongman training but I am kinda curious about your numbers.

I love watching strongman/powerlifting despite not being strong myself haha.

Yeah no worries man i'm being super analytical and careful with my training from now on, Being out for the count sucks

My best strongman gym numbers thus far are

Log Press: 330lbs

Farmers carry: 260lbs each hand for 20 meters

Deadlift: 725lbs

Stone load: 420lb stone

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Yeah no worries man i'm being super analytical and careful with my training from now on, Being out for the count sucks

My best strongman gym numbers thus far are

Log Press: 330lbs

Farmers carry: 260lbs each hand for 20 meters

Deadlift: 725lbs

Stone load: 420lb stone

Whoa man you are a monster! Sick!

Edited by DevilErik

• 2 weeks later...

Good session, Been feeling a bit ill lately and the right hand is still bugging me but i've been powering on, Feeling stronger with each session

• Tried for a #3.5 attempt, Got within a fly's arse of it
  • 4 #3 MMS closes directly afterward
  • 4 #2.5 MMS closes after that
  • 3 GM-150 attempts 116.2kg/107.5kg/102kg respectively

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Good session, Been feeling a bit ill lately and the right hand is still bugging me but i've been powering on, Feeling stronger with each session

• Tried for a #3.5 attempt, Got within a fly's arse of it
  • 4 #3 MMS closes directly afterward
  • 4 #2.5 MMS closes after that
  • 3 GM-150 attempts 116.2kg/107.5kg/102kg respectively

Get well soon!

Good shit man you should go for those Mashmonster certifications  your MMS is mad strong!

You can probably get pretty far because you can nearly close the 3.5.

Edited by DevilErik

I was considering going for the mash monster certs but i've been dissuaded from doing it, Each one would cost me over 200 bucks to do

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

I was considering going for the mash monster certs but i've been dissuaded from doing it, Each one would cost me over 200 bucks to do

Wow that is insane!

• 4 weeks later...

It been a hot minute but i'm back at it again, Spent some time off grip in general to recover my hands, Especially my right from an injury thats been plaguing me for a long time, But i've recovered correctly and have this close to show for it

• Like 3

On 9/25/2021 at 9:54 AM, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Its ya boi back again with some closes, Only recorded the biggest one because my camera records the files absolutely massive

GHP 8 close, Wasn't entirely sure if it was closed but it looks closed atleast

Hit 6 CoC #3 DS closes and 3 MMS closes (slightly wider), I tore the skin in my palm again so i just wrapped a sock around the handle and kept going, Hasn't damaged it any further

Great thread man. Big hands! That pinky was covering the gripper handle way before closing it. Great progress too 💪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Great thread man. Big hands! That pinky was covering the gripper handle way before closing it. Great progress too 💪

Thanks Terry, Always working and getting stronger, I don't much use my GHP 8 anymore since i've got replacements that feel better but its a great milestone for any strong closer

• Like 1

A super good and productive session today, First session i've felt legitimately tired from in a long while

Got my Baraban grippers in the mail today and so far i'm super impressed, Knurling i'd say is between CoC and GHP in terms of sharpness and the close is super smooth, I find it doesn't ramp up towards the end unlike CoCs

Some good closes today, Started out with a RB300 attempt today which is a good while off, Its gotta be atleast 180 RGC

RB240 CCS close on my left which i honestly didn't expect to feel as good as it did

4 RB260 MMS closes on my right, This is the gripper i'm most hyped about since its a gripper positioned in between my hard 3 and my Cobalt so i feel this is gonna boost my strength by alot

2 RB240 MMS closes on my right as my second working set, Really loving the chromed spring look

And 2 RB210 MMS closes as warmdown on right, I feel like my workouts are gonna follow a similar pattern to this from now on as i feel like i get really productive work done and can recover good for my next session, No junk volume

• Like 6

Pretty consistently closing my Cobalt now, Can feel it getting easier by the session, Gonna give the 3.5 a go next session tho i'm pretty confident i'll get that

Today's session was a good one, Not one missed close this time around, The extra day of rest and eating was definitely worth it

2x Cobalt closes MMS

4x RB 260 closes MMS

And 4x RB 240 closes MMS

These barabans are probably my favorite grippers to use, The thicker handles make them sit really nicely in my hand, And they're proportioned perfectly for my MMS technique

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Pretty consistently closing my Cobalt now, Can feel it getting easier by the session, Gonna give the 3.5 a go next session tho i'm pretty confident i'll get that

Today's session was a good one, Not one missed close this time around, The extra day of rest and eating was definitely worth it

2x Cobalt closes MMS

4x RB 260 closes MMS

And 4x RB 240 closes MMS

These barabans are probably my favorite grippers to use, The thicker handles make them sit really nicely in my hand, And they're proportioned perfectly for my MMS technique

Great job dude keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

Small update on gripper training

Got my second covid shot the other day which absolutely blasted my ass so my CNS is still recovering, I'm not sure how long its going to take to recover back to full strength but offhandedly its also given my tendons and muscles a great chance to recover from training, I guess i can consider it an involuntary deload