LMFAO. From now on I won't ever mess with🐝. Especially prior to workout 🤣

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

LMFAO. From now on I won't ever mess with🐝. Especially prior to workout 🤣

Swole af but not in the good way 😂 This would be especially during a cert prep

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Alexander Koss said:

This would be especially during a cert prep

I have found something even cooler to sabotage my cert prep - I've got sick with the covid again 🙃 already lost 10 days of training and 6 kg of bodyweight 🤣

• Sad 1

Recent workout report:

Today I did a casual workout, attempted some very heavy stuff. After 3 attempts I decided to hit my Silarukov 140kg gripper rated 175 CPW, and things worked out fine! Here are some closes from this and my previous workout:

I hope I will soon be able to gain the strength necessary to perform micro-reps with the Silarukov. It's rather narrow, around 55mm spread, which makes setting it somewhat easier. As soon as I break the barrier of micro-repping this gripper, I think I will be able to make some awesome strength gains with it!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back! I've been extremely busy with uni work, but I've just done my last Masters exam, so it's time to hit grip HARD. No more layoffs or breaks, literally grip all the time now.

I'll be focusing on building up my gripper strength consistently from now, I believe it was the one thing missing from the equation. Strength wise things are looking good, so I'm looking forward to what's next to come!

• Like 7

Training report:

Hitting grippers on a daily basis, sometimes taking a 1 day break. I started doing all kinds of work, ranging from single deep set attempts to 50+ rep pump work with lighter stuff. Strength is starting to rise again!

Did a workout today as well, hit it off with two solid MMS closes of my new filed CoC#3 (158 CPW). It feels way harder than a regular 158 rated gripper simply due to the range being so deep, but it's an amazing feeling. After that I worked on my deep set with some heavier stuff, and did 7 micro-reps on my 163 rated SG Cobalt (first rep being around MMS!). Finished it off with reps on the 158 Cobalt and my 153 CoC#3. I feel like this method might yield some awesome results if I stick to it consistently. :) 

• Like 7

Yes it's hard not to hit the grippers daily . They are very addicting.

I hope you did well on your exams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Workout update:

Hit a regular workout today, doing some heavy closes and attempts, especially on the SG Titanium (171), getting super close on it again, but this time consistently. After that I decided to go for my GG6 and try and see how well I can do with it. I also found an old video of me closing that same gripper a while back (around 10 months ago), when I thought I was peaking. This just shows how, despite many setbacks, delays, injuries and poorly planned workouts, consistency still goes long ways:

By the way the GG6 in the thumbnail is an absolute beast, it's fun experimenting with it sometimes!

I remember my old PR on the GG6 in the 160s was 4 micro-reps, haven't tried anything with it until today. The 10 reps felt extremely solid, I think maybe around 11-12 reps were doable, but I thought I'd do a small static hold after the 10th rep. Although progress has been very inconsistent due to irregular and lacky workouts, things still have improved, which makes me very happy! Especially now, after having gotten back into consistent and intense workouts, I think things will continue to improve! :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Long overdue training update:

In the past months I have been very focused on building grip strength, and it has paid off very well! I have been training consistently, closing grippers whenever I felt recovered enough from my previous workout. Sometimes I did 3-4 days of grippers in a row, sometimes I took 3 day breaks if my forearms felt completely destroyed. Focusing on heavy mini-rep closes on grippers in the 170s allowed me to gain a lot of strength. I have now closed my 174 and 177 rated CoC#3.5s, currently trying to get the very heavy and wide 184 rated #3.5 closed. I think that my deep set and MMS closes have gone up by 8-10 RGC in this past time!

I believe it is time to consider going for that MM2 cert, or even the #3 cert very soon. I just want to make sure that both are a safe deal and will work out easily, so I am taking my time! :)

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Bulk progress update:

Things are running smoothly, still training grip regularly and enjoying it quite a lot! Just not filming as much because most of my sets are simple working rep sets, nothing super exciting :D 

Currently trying to get my 190 rated Standard Tungsten choker closed from around 10mm, getting extremely close on it! Might post another update as soon as it gets shut.

Grip strength seems to be rising slowly but steadily, I hope the grind will yield some good results in the near future 😎

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Guess who’s back

Actually, I’ve only been away from posting for quite a huge while due to a lot of work and hobby related stuff, but grippers never left 😎

Currently training in a more intense manner, doing some decent closes on the choked SG Titanium rated 177. I typically have it with me at the gym, and close it from a choked parallel position. PR is currently 5 individual reps, where I let go of the gripper after the close and start from the parallel choked position again. Sort of like a very narrow no set rep massacre 😄

• Like 10

The king returns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the support guys! Motivation is crazy high just like in the old days ;) 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Mash Monster 2 prep report:

As some of you may know, I signed up for the MM2 recently. Before that I was mainly doing my thing, closing heavy grippers from a deep set with micro reps. I have now included some heavy MMS into my workout, just to get more confident in that area :) 

My best non-choker close as of recently was a #3.5 (173) from MMS after 6x Deep Set reps with it the set before. Last workout I went for some MMS closes with Tettings to prep for the MM2 (Tettings generally have a much heavier finish of the close with a smoother sweep)

Got my 166 Elite closed from MMS and then attempted my 171 Elite and still got it, which left me very happy :)

As of recently, I train with little to no structure, just going at it when I feel recovered, which sometimes ends up being every day. Most of the time I land at around 3-5 workouts per week.

My goal until the MM2 is to keep building strength and MMS form, in order to face it with dignity 😤

• Like 7

MM2 prep log:

Not fully recovered I still decided to go for a last training before the cert. Big reason was to also check out different camera angles, and I am very glad I did! After the vids I switched my position up a bit to make the handle gap more visible :)

• Like 4

Nice closes, but your starting position appears to be narrower than parallel.  Make sure you go wider on your cert attempt.

Good luck!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Nice closes, but your starting position appears to be narrower than parallel.  Make sure you go wider on your cert attempt.

Good luck!!

Thanks man! From the side where I was watching it was at parallel, when recording from this angle the finger-side handle hides the gap a bit and it might look narrow-ish. So you’re totally right, I’ll take care of that for the cert :) 

1 minute ago, RITParent15 said:

Great job.  What were your warm ups including rest times leading up to these closes?

I actually just closed a 2.5 and maybe a 3 and went for it :D I wasn’t planning on closing anything heavy, just wanted to check the camera setup, but ended up closing stuff haha. Rest times were probably around 3-5 minutes :) 

• Like 2

good one

nice gripper collection

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MM2 Update:

UPS has decided, that the package should spend some time in the warehouse, because they got confused about what a "hand gripper" is in terms of customs 🫠🥲 So I guess the parcel won't arrive before next week, which is why instead of attempting the MM2 sometime this weekend I will probably have to go for a casual grip workout, and the MM2 will happen someday in the future, whenever the parcel is released from customs (hopefully soon!)

I will keep you guys posted on the latest workouts 🤠

• Like 2

Training update: 

Since the MM2 is going to be stuck at UPS for a while, I am resuming regular training, focusing a bit more on MMS from time to time. Here are the first two sets of the workout, which were followed by heavier/more narrow set closes and negatives :) Strength wise I felt okay today, but probably a bit less strength endurance than last time, especially on reps

• Like 4

Today’s workout:

Although I trained yesterday, I still hit some grippers today, and this is how it went:

• 166 Elite - paused MMS rep
  • Lots of random #3 closes throughout the day, mostly with no chalk
  • At the gym: sets of microreps with a 190 Choker SG W, highest set for 6 reps and 3 negatives

Whenever the MM2 is in sight, I’ll take about 2-3 days off to rest and be at full strength to face it :) 

• Like 3