Solotsky Bison2?

pjmackin

Hello,

I have the Bison 1 and am considering getting the 2. 

Has anyone had any experience with this?

https://www.amazon.com/Sotskys-equipment-strengthening-exerciser-finger-joint/dp/B07BCNTZ4F/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Bison+2&qid=1624465794&sr=8-1 

Edited by pjmackin
updated text
  • Sad 1

All of the bison equipment appears to have the same problems, overpriced, poorly built, and not essential. There's nothing these do that you can't recreate with the myriad of cheap grip tools that already exist. Even a simple sledgehammer could almost entirely replace the bison 1, and the bison 2 can be replaced by a hammer, a few grippers, and a towel. I wouldn't reccomend anybody buy these, and I wouldn't even use it if they were free. 

• Like 2

The Amazon description is funny - if you don't look too closely, you will see a bunch of words that seem to belong near each other and to be relevant to fitness and training, but if you actually read it you will see that the writer either does not know English or at the very least has no idea what he is talking about lol.

I can't say that I wouldn't use it for free, as I find all sorts of grip and forearm training implements interesting to a degree and would probably try it and maybe use it some.  However, I would not spend $138 on it, nor anything in that range.  Maybe $20.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I can't say that I wouldn't use it for free, as I find all sorts of grip and forearm training implements interesting to a degree and would probably try it and maybe use it some.  

Speaking of, how are the powertwisters treating you?

2 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

Speaking of, how are the powertwisters treating you?

Of course I was thinking of them when I wrote that.  I don't use them regularly, nor do I do anything but grippers regularly, but I do pick them up a few times a week for what I guess you'd call accessorizing lol.  I have the 30, 40, and 50, and my son has the 20.  The 30 is good for stretching and different positions, the 50 is relatively hard and good for low reps (I think you have the 60 and that was about my limit for one rep).  My son can do the 20 but not the 30, but he, although he turned 15 this week and is now taller than me, still only weighs 100 pounds.  So he has some horizontal growing to do.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pjmackin said:

Has anyone had any experience with this?

bison equipment is not worse a cent! 

buy yourself some rubber bands and plastic pipe of 50-60mm diameter. it will allow you to train hand and wrist in any direction (armwrestling exercises) way better than a sh*tty bison does 🙂

Edited by insane.warrior

5 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

bison equipment is not worse a cent! 

buy yourself some rubber bands and plastic pipe of 50-60mm diameter. it will allow you to train hand and wrist in any direction (armwrestling exercises) way better than a sh*tty bison does 🙂

Is this opinion of yours based on you actually training with this Bison?

4 hours ago, Rick Browne said:

Is this opinion of yours based on you actually training with this Bison?

based on the feedback from experienced ukrainian sportsmen + I was holding bison-2 in my hands two years ago.

the description given by @Climber028 is accurate: overpriced, poorly built, not versatile at all, friction parts may easily broke so you will have to replace them.

23 hours ago, Climber028 said:

All of the bison equipment appears to have the same problems, overpriced, poorly built, and not essential. There's nothing these do that you can't recreate with the myriad of cheap grip tools that already exist. Even a simple sledgehammer could almost entirely replace the bison 1, and the bison 2 can be replaced by a hammer, a few grippers, and a towel. I wouldn't reccomend anybody buy these, and I wouldn't even use it if they were free. 

Edited by insane.warrior

1 hour ago, insane.warrior said:

based on the feedback of experienced ukrainian sportsmen + I was holding bison-2 in my hands two years ago.

the description given by @Climber028 is accurate: overpriced, poorly built, not versatile at all, friction parts may easily broke so you will have to replace them.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, Joe Sullivan said:

You paid 133 bucks for that? 

22 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I also have a bridge to sell for $133 dollars.... (shipping is free)...

Anyone else notice that all but two posts in this thread give some type of constructive feedback to try to help the OP out or give some type of advice?. Does anyone else also notice that both posts that offer nothing to the thread other than to try to make a stranger on the internet look dumb also have something in common?

Way to promote the Gripboard and get more people interested in posting here. 

That aside, the product looks cheap and overpriced as most above said. Other simple products would give similar results.

Edited by Billy Jack

6 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Guess you don’t have a sense of humor, Billy J... lighten up a bit my man. Sheesh... if it’s one thing this world is lacking is some humor these days..... my word......🤣

Most people that know me think I have a pretty good sense of humor. Poking fun at someone and trying to condemn them for no purpose other than to please yourself has nothing to do with having a sense of humor. Good luck with everything you do man.