Let’s talk armwrestling!

Wheels or school boy?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got for the win? And why!

• Wheels
    • School boy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/13/2021 at 12:30 AM

20 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Apologies again my friend. I actually was reading and searching the thread and as you replied I've found it in the first page. What happened was I usually reply someone who replied to me/quoted me. When I did that it took me to half of the next page as my reply was there. Hence me not seeing it.

Perfect! Message me on IG and we will work something good out. Bader always make his friends happy 😅

No worries! I forgot to tag you in that post.. probably would have helped avoid confusion had I done that. And will do! Heading to IG now

• Like 2
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy J.

• Joe Sullivan

• David_wigren

• Alawadhi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought no one would ask. So thank you! yes, I have. Many times. Although due to past legal issues, I was not able to leave the state (legally) for some years. So as a result, all of my tournam

You’re  a good man, Bader.

Really unfortunate to take an already niche sport and separate it into so many organizations just to make everything more difficult. I just wanna see the strongest guys compete idc about regions or co

Posted Images

Joe Sullivan

This is all very exciting! Give Tommy the chance, Bader! I don’t think you will regret it! It will be good for grip, GB and arm wrestling and would love to see Tommy do some damage to SB if he could. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Apologies again my friend. I actually was reading and searching the thread and as you replied I've found it in the first page. What happened was I usually reply someone who replied to me/quoted me. When I did that it took me to half of the next page as my reply was there. Hence me not seeing it.

Perfect! Message me on IG and we will work something good out. Bader always make his friends happy 😅

Edited by slazbob
  • Like 4
Joe Sullivan
5 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Yea he is! One of the best! I speak as a personal close friend that the man would give you the shirt off his back and is generous to all. Very respectful and truly loves all things strength and is an ambassador to grip. Not trying to blow smoke but I am very happy to call him my friend.

Edited by Joe Sullivan
Spell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yea he is! One of the best! I speak as a personal close friend that the man would give you the shirt off his back and is generous to all. Very respectful and truly loves all things strength and is an ambassador to grip. Not trying to blow smoke but I am very happy to call him my friend.

Very kind of you my good friend!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I agree with every word!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Tommy J. Just curious, have you competed in armwrestling or do you just train it? What's your "story of armwrestling"?

Hope you get a match with any of them, would be very fun too see!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lennix said:

@Tommy J. Just curious, have you competed in armwrestling or do you just train it? What's your "story of armwrestling"?

Hope you get a match with any of them, would be very fun too see!

I thought no one would ask. So thank you!

yes, I have. Many times. Although due to past legal issues, I was not able to leave the state (legally) for some years. So as a result, all of my tournaments have been in Texas. Those issues are settled, and I am free to travel now. I mostly kept that to myself over the years. But it is what it is. And now you know.

I started pulling in 2011 after hooking up with PK and Eric Milfeld. At the time I was mainly interested in grip, but after PK insisting he and I pull, I obliged, and beat him on both arms that first day. During that time frame Paul was frequently winning, or podium finishing state tournaments. He is the guy that got me started. Throughout those years until now, off and on, I have pulled every active noteworthy puller in Texas, both arms, in quite a few tournaments. I’ve also pulled a few other bigger names when they came to Texas, and done decent each time.

My weight classes have varied (but only upward) over the years. In 2011-2013 I was consistently pulling the 198 class. From about 2014-2018, my class stayed either in the 105k or 110k depending on what class the tournament offered. I’m presently stuck in the super heavy class (typically 105k+, or 110k+).

Due to not being able to travel, it was difficult to find motivation to train in any actual dedicated manner. Other than for fun, that is. So I’ve been very lazy with it over the years. Which really is a compliment, considering I still can run roughshod on bottom end of the current right hand super heavy top 10 ranking list in Tx. Not sure where Nick Adams is at currently on the list, but he and I go back and forth. It just depends how we both feel for the day, but at any moment I can jump on the top 10 super heavy right hand list either just above or below him. I have never defeated Robbie Burnett, Brian Sitton, or Dmitri Kachan in a tournament*. I haven’t looked in a while, but I’m sure those are the top 3 currently on that list.

if I were to estimate my national level (since I can only estimate due to never traveling to pull), I would say not on the top 25 or so for certain. But if I were to be optimistic, I do not believe there are 50 currently active supers that can beat my right hand at this time. Hints why I stated earlier in the thread that your gonna need to be the real deal to pin my right. ….if I’m being honest though, the super heavies are slim pickings pretty much nation wide. For some reason most pullers tend to avoid that class and stay lighter. Further, I’d also point out that in the US, the class just below the supers is typically the most stacked, and has the stiffest competition as a whole. So one could say I’m better off “looking” better, rank in file, staying heavy and in the supers. 🤷🏼‍♂️

though this does not mean that there aren’t guys in lighter weight classes nation wide that will beat me. I think there are a few top 175lb guys that can get my right if I don’t get serious. Guys like Luke Kindt, Sam Harris, etc. there are also more than a handful, or couple handfuls of guys at under 200 that can easily beat me. Guys like Daniel Mosier, Storm C., RVJ, and etc. etc. note though that every single one of those guys can also beat most supers in the nation as well. So I don’t feel any loss of pride losing a match to any of those guys. Especially when taking into consideration how undedicated I’ve been. The guys that beat me, eat sleep and breath arm wrestling.

I have obviously, on top of tournaments, frequented many practices across the state on many occasions. And did sneak out of state once to go practice with MMT at his house in Arkansas. funny side story on that trip! I rode my motorcycle up that day with Adam Irrgang, got rained on off and on the whole way, pulled at Michael’s for about 4 hours in wet clothes and boots, then crashed (or dropped, rather) my motorcycle in Michael’s yard, then rode straight back to Fort Worth with badly sore arms and a muddy bike and clothes. Lol! It was a long day!

I still get told to this day by many of Texas’ strongest pullers that I am one of their favorite guys to train with. …ive never asked any of them to elaborate, but I assume it’s either my competitive nature, my rowdy personality, or both. I will liven a boring tournament or a boring practice up when I go. There is no doubt about it.

what’s frustrating about it though is that while I’ve only half assed arm wrestling up until this point, and still been good at it, I don’t have that same luck with grip, general lifting, or even sports in general. I pretty much have to work my ass of on bench to get anywhere. And had to be somewhat dedicated in grip in the past just to lift an inch in 1 hand, or certify a #3 and things like that.

steel bending and arm wrestling have been like the only 2 strength endeavors I’ve done that I don’t have to work very hard to be good at.

• Like 5
David_wigren

I’m still not convinced that a SB vs Tommy match would be good. I don’t know, maybe I’m overestimating SB, but I don’t think I am. Larry vs Tommy sounds WAY more interesting though! And that is no insult because I think Larry has leveled up significantly the past 6-12 months. He not just a bodybuilder. He is strong AF and has decent technique on the table. I mean, he made a joke out of the Swiss junior champion. Though admittedly, those guys didn’t look that impressive.

Bader, yeah that’s what I was saying about SB. People place him together with the likes of Levan and such, and that is obviously ridiculous. But like I said, SB is still no joke. He’s really, REALLY good. And you are not going to have a chance against him unless you yourself are really REALLY good.

• Thanks 1
Joe Sullivan
2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Btw, what are people’s prediction for the event this weekend?

0521E4E4-B351-49D3-8C03-1A1ABFD30A5E.png

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I’m still not convinced that a SB vs Tommy match would be good. I don’t know, maybe I’m overestimating SB, but I don’t think I am. Larry vs Tommy sounds WAY more interesting though! And that is no insult because I think Larry has leveled up significantly the past 6-12 months. He not just a bodybuilder. He is strong AF and has decent technique on the table. I mean, he made a joke out of the Swiss junior champion. Though admittedly, those guys didn’t look that impressive.

Bader, yeah that’s what I was saying about SB. People place him together with the likes of Levan and such, and that is obviously ridiculous. But like I said, SB is still no joke. He’s really, REALLY good. And you are not going to have a chance against him unless you yourself are really REALLY good.

If these were your sentiments the whole time, then we are on the same page. And do genuinely apologize for taking you wrong.

yes, specifically with wheels, he is underrated I think. He is now beyond the point of being casually pinned or calmly handled on the table by more than 65-70% of pullers, world wide and in all classes I would estimate. Which really is astounding considering how new he is. So wheels is a match I will be taking very serious. He grows stronger by the day as well. the longer I or anyone else wait to pull him, the slimmer the chances are of beating him.

I do genuinely believe Larry is now in the legit threat category for the muster. I mean he smashes coach ray pretty easily it seems. 🤷🏼‍♂️ And did have school boy scrambling in a hook not so long ago. So much so that SB made damn sure he pulled Larry outside, and not on the inside lane.

I believed SB was a good matchup for him right now. But that was not the case. SB knew exactly how to get around Larry’s power. I would like to see them both pull again this time next year, though.

I think most pullers did want to see Larry lose. I think a lot of pullers feel as though it validates the sport to see a non elite puller beat him. I mean RVJ was almost fapping over SB beating Larry… and IMO, basically any puller that thinks a vetted puller beating a non vetted one is some grand prize event to be crowned king over is pretty lame. The truth is, if real pullers are being honest, pulling Larry actually is sort of a lose lose for vetted pullers at this time at Larry’s current ability. Not some grand measuring stick for the sport.

it’s like if you beat him “woohoo… you beat a strong guy who’s never even pulled a tournament.” And if you lose to him “bro! You just got beat by a non puller!”

Just now, Tommy J. said:

Who you guys got this weekend?

@Wannagrip would it be possible to change the thread title to “let’s talk armwrestling!”  ??

And also close the poll? For some reason I wasn’t able to close the poll this time.

Joe Sullivan
4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

And also close the poll? For some reason I wasn’t able to close the poll this time.

You can actually change the title yourself If you press edit and go up to the title. Just Put In what you want.. I did it before.

26 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

You can actually change the title yourself If you press edit and go up to the title. Just Put In what you want.. I did it before.

I’m trying, where is the edit button?

Joe Sullivan
7 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

If you look in the upper left hand corner of your comment there are 3 dots. Click the dots. It will give edit option .

• Thanks 1
Joe Sullivan
7 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

5D9C8ABE-A714-44A9-B9F2-418E756C7E57.png

• Thanks 1
  • Tommy J. changed the title to Let’s talk armwrestling!
19 hours ago, David_wigren said:

16 hours ago, slazbob said:

Italian stallion!

Okay I admit I’m oblivious. What event this weekend?

David_wigren

Supermatch event in Istanbul. 12th of june.

Matt Mask vs Ermes Gasparini

Todd Hutchings vs Zoloev Kahdzimurat

Engin Terzi vs Arthur Makarov

Sarah Backman vs Irina Drieva

Herman Stevens vs Efe Kömek

Toni Kitowski vs Bozhidar Simeanov

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Joe Sullivan

My hope is Mask and Hutchings, Engin and Sarah. The others I do not know.

David_wigren
42 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Supermatch event in Istanbul. 12th of june.

Matt Mask vs Ermes Gasparini

Todd Hutchings vs Zoloev Kahdzimurat

Engin Terzi vs Arthur Makarov

Sarah Backman vs Irina Drieva

Herman Stevens vs Efe Kömek

Toni Kitowski vs Bozhidar Simeanov

I hope Matt smashes Ermes 6-0. I’m tired of how all the eastern europeans have trashed the western pullers during the past year. It would be so satisfying seeing Matt steam toll Ermes. However, what I want to happen and what I think will happen is not the same. I think 5-1 to Ermes.

I’m not rooting for anyone in the Hutchings vs Zoloev match. I’m interested of seeing what will happen but I have no predictions or expectations.

Engin vs Makarov. I hope Engin wins because he plans to retire after the match and it’ll be a good end to his career by winning this match. However, I think Makarov is slight favorite. 4-2 to Makarov.

I don’t know who Irina is. It would be fun if Sarah won as it would help create hype for future supermatches.

I have absolutely no idea who Efe is. I like Herman, I want him to win for that simple reason.

Toni Kitowski vs Bozhidar Simeanov will be a very interesting match! Kitowski is a beast but I think Bozhidar is an even crazier beast. I think Bozhidar will make light work of Kitowski.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 5:45 PM, David_wigren said:

Ermes VS Matt 

I am rooting for Ermes and I think Ermes will take this easy. I can be wrong as Matt Mask was training with Devon and he is also big guy. But man what I saw from Ermes is really awesome. I'd say Ermes.

• Like 2

Had no idea any of those matches were happening this weekend! Holy cow, thank you for posting!

I guess it’s time for me to finally get a Facebook?.. sheesh!

I agree with you guys on mask and ermes. And would like to point out that, like MMT, mask is another one who performs super well on mainly a WAL table. With the WAL table not a factor, it’s probable that mask will have a rough day.

72 year old Ron Bath spanked mask in a state tournament not so long ago where the tournament was not run on a WAL table. Along with 3-4 other people doing the same to him that day. No loss of status quo losing to bath, even at 72! But some of the other guys manhandling mask that day was very surprising! And IMO the reason that day he lost was (or had to have been the reason, rather) his complacency from the more forgiving WAL table specs. I hope he can make a comeback and get back near the top where he belongs. He’s fun to watch pull.