Let’s talk armwrestling!

Tommy J.

Wheels or school boy?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got for the win? And why!

• Wheels
    • School boy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/13/2021 at 12:30 AM

26 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

You can actually change the title yourself If you press edit and go up to the title. Just Put In what you want.. I did it before.

I’m trying, where is the edit button?

19 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Btw, what are people’s prediction for the event this weekend?

16 hours ago, slazbob said:

Italian stallion!

Okay I admit I’m oblivious. What event this weekend?

Supermatch event in Istanbul. 12th of june.

Matt Mask vs Ermes Gasparini

Todd Hutchings vs Zoloev Kahdzimurat

Engin Terzi vs Arthur Makarov

Sarah Backman vs Irina Drieva

Herman Stevens vs Efe Kömek

Toni Kitowski vs Bozhidar Simeanov

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Supermatch event in Istanbul. 12th of june.

Matt Mask vs Ermes Gasparini

Todd Hutchings vs Zoloev Kahdzimurat

Engin Terzi vs Arthur Makarov

Sarah Backman vs Irina Drieva

Herman Stevens vs Efe Kömek

Toni Kitowski vs Bozhidar Simeanov

I hope Matt smashes Ermes 6-0. I’m tired of how all the eastern europeans have trashed the western pullers during the past year. It would be so satisfying seeing Matt steam toll Ermes. However, what I want to happen and what I think will happen is not the same. I think 5-1 to Ermes.

I’m not rooting for anyone in the Hutchings vs Zoloev match. I’m interested of seeing what will happen but I have no predictions or expectations.

Engin vs Makarov. I hope Engin wins because he plans to retire after the match and it’ll be a good end to his career by winning this match. However, I think Makarov is slight favorite. 4-2 to Makarov.

I don’t know who Irina is. It would be fun if Sarah won as it would help create hype for future supermatches.

I have absolutely no idea who Efe is. I like Herman, I want him to win for that simple reason.

Toni Kitowski vs Bozhidar Simeanov will be a very interesting match! Kitowski is a beast but I think Bozhidar is an even crazier beast. I think Bozhidar will make light work of Kitowski.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 5:45 PM, David_wigren said:

Btw, what are people’s prediction for the event this weekend?

Ermes VS Matt 

I am rooting for Ermes and I think Ermes will take this easy. I can be wrong as Matt Mask was training with Devon and he is also big guy. But man what I saw from Ermes is really awesome. I'd say Ermes.

• Like 2

Had no idea any of those matches were happening this weekend! Holy cow, thank you for posting!

I guess it’s time for me to finally get a Facebook?.. sheesh!

I agree with you guys on mask and ermes. And would like to point out that, like MMT, mask is another one who performs super well on mainly a WAL table. With the WAL table not a factor, it’s probable that mask will have a rough day.

72 year old Ron Bath spanked mask in a state tournament not so long ago where the tournament was not run on a WAL table. Along with 3-4 other people doing the same to him that day. No loss of status quo losing to bath, even at 72! But some of the other guys manhandling mask that day was very surprising! And IMO the reason that day he lost was (or had to have been the reason, rather) his complacency from the more forgiving WAL table specs. I hope he can make a comeback and get back near the top where he belongs. He’s fun to watch pull.

I'm predicting Gasparini, Hutchings, Makarov, Backman, Stevens, and Simeanov will win.

7 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

I'm predicting Gasparini, Hutchings, Makarov, Backman, Stevens, and Simeanov will win.

My thoughts exactly. Looking forward to seeing Ermes and Matt come absolutely unglued during the match. Should be fun to watch 

Is anyone going to acknowledge at this point that when I say a certain puller is reliant on WAL specs that it has merit??

was all over YouTube saying it before, and after the recent MMT match with Devon. It seemingly fell on deaf ears. Instead, while at the same time denying what I was pointing out, people seemed so eager to act as if I wasn’t giving Devon’s strength any credit for the win. When in reality they just don’t have a clue. Devon had the strength to pull the win off during all 3 MMT matches. But 2 of the latest 3 matches between those 2 were literally determined because MMT was able to exploit the WAL table specs to his advantage. Wasn’t the case this last time though! And what we saw between Devon and MMT in Dubai is what happens to MMT by any elite super when not on a WAL table.

Although the pull styles are certainly different, Mask is no different than MMT. His deep low hand top roll depends heavily on how much real estate rearward he’s able to navigate his elbow. AKA, the extra 2” on the back edge of the WAL elbow pad. Period.

but! Don’t be like the YouTube dummy’s and assume that this is me hating on Mask! I WANTED mask to win this! I just knew damn well it would be a slim chance he could pull the win off due to the match not taking place on a WAL table.

there is nothing wrong with those guys performing better on a certain table, by the way. It is what it is. But damn! It’s high time people start recognizing those details! Especially those who follow the sport!

WAL table specs DO add a major factor for some pullers. There should really be no question. If people would quit staring so hard at hands and faces when these guys pull, and pay more attention to elbows, elbow placement, shoulders, etc. then they’d get a more realistic grasp on what’s gonna happen prior to some of the more hyped matches.

• Like 1

This event turned out to be incredibly boring to watch. I don’t understand why they allowed for so much resting between elbow fouls, slips and ref’s grip. There should be NO resting after an elbow foul. During this event competitors commonly took a 3-4 minute break after each elbow foul and slip. It made the event drag on for 7 hours instead of 2-3 hours.

Results were pretty much as expected. With a few exceptions.

Engin was stronger than Makarov but got injured and had to forfeit the match.

Ermes was the better man but Matt was close enough to where he could get a pin when his setup was good.

Hutchings was stronger than Zoloev. But Zoloev was better and was able to win.

Bozhidar showed that the european lightweights are still a bit ahead of the american lightweights. But this was to be expected. Tony came in heavy and Bazhidar came in light but still managed to dominate.

Sarah did good against Irina. 

Herman got screwed by the ref’s against Efe.

There were other matches but they didn’t really interest me that much.