Let’s talk armwrestling!

Tommy J.

Wheels or school boy?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got for the win? And why!

• Wheels
    • School boy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/13/2021 at 12:30 AM

School boy all the way, but I think Larry will get a lucky flash pin or two

I want Larry to win, but I picked Schoolboy. Larry still let’s people turn his palm up too much, and Schoolboy will have it. 

I’m going Wheels. I’ve found little evidence on schoolboys wrist/bicep/lat/hand strength prowess. Larry appears to be stronger on all fronts. Personally I find school boy to be insanely overrated. To my knowledge, he hasn’t really beat anyone of any noteworthy praise. Aside the video that made him famous that featured setting up a table in a random city and flashing no-name non pullers all day… which is exactly the same outcome any half decent low level puller would have had in the same circumstance. I definitely am unwilling to put him on any pedestal with regards to elite puller clout. He’s not an elite puller. He’s a celebrity.. that can kind of arm wrestle. Which is exactly the reason he and Larry belong in a match together.

On technical ability, school boy has a slight edge. But will it be enough to overpower Wheels’ brute force? We shall see.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

It’s gonna be a slobberknocker !

Lol! That it was! For Larry… may he Rest In Peace.  🙏🏻 

I’ll also be glad to get in here and say my predictions were off on Devon/MMT. I genuinely thought the match would be decided on a bunch of BS fouls. But no! Devon just brought his most dominating performance in his career IMO. Vs another elite puller, that is. Him crushing non pullers like Thor don’t count. Lol!

SB is very strong. If a opponent is slightly weaker than elite puller he won't stand a chance. I did predict SB will beat Larry with ease from what I have been seeing and feeling hand to hand. SB also pinned MMT's left hand in the after match.

MMT told me few month ago that the strongest guy he ever pulled was Pushkar, yes even more so than Denis. And few hours ago he said this version of Devon is even stronger than Pushkar.

Overall it was a great event and more will come to AW and grip world. Next big pull is Matt Mask against Ermes! 

• Like 2

My previous sentiments on school boys non elite puller strength are affirmed. Anybody catch the video Larry put up yesterday where he tested school boys hand/wrist/arm strength?

most here on the board will out perform schoolboy (AND Larry!) on all the same tests as well. Larry got outsmarted on the table. Not over powered. Larry’s cupping strength, wrist strength, and bicep strength were all either neck and neck with schoolboy, or in a couple cases, even stronger.

which is laughable IMO.. no “elite” puller will be getting matched or outperformed on any of those fronts by a non puller. So schoolboy… is not elite.

school boy has a longer arm and more table time.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:31 PM, Alawadhi said:

SB is very strong. If a opponent is slightly weaker than elite puller he won't stand a chance. I did predict SB will beat Larry with ease from what I have been seeing and feeling hand to hand. SB also pinned MMT's left hand in the after match.

MMT told me few month ago that the strongest guy he ever pulled was Pushkar, yes even more so than Denis. And few hours ago he said this version of Devon is even stronger than Pushkar.

Overall it was a great event and more will come to AW and grip world. Next big pull is Matt Mask against Ermes! 

And then Larry pinned school boy left hand a few times right afterwards

Edited by Tommy J.

Just so there’s no confusion, I’m not exactly a fan of Larry’s. I don’t hate the guy or anything.. I just can’t stand schoolboy.

I hate to debate from a point of authority.. however, it’s so hard to avoid right now as I make this point. As a decent right hand puller (“decent” as in- it’s not likely you’ll pin my right unless you are the real deal!), I find it super frustrating that a guy like school boy gets so much publicity. If schoolboy showed up to just a Texas tournament and pulled only Texas supers, it’s highly probable he’d finish barely top 10 in the supers.. behind guys many of you have likely never heard of unless your rooted deep into the sport. Guys like Dmitri Kachan, Robbie Burnett, Brian Sitton, Anthony Lowe, Nick Adams, Lindley Keating AND his son Tucker, Gabe Moore, Adam Irrgang, and even myself possibly.

none of which have cameras in our faces non stop with millions of dummy’s (who just don’t know any better) fawning over us.

and I’m not sure if any of you are aware of this, but none of the names I mentioned above are top 10 supers at this time nationally. Let alone worldwide.

I hope that helps better put into perspective where schoolboy actually stands, rank in file.

Edited by Tommy J.

I agree with Devon when he says “strong” non pullers should instead be matched up with each other and not vetted pullers. Spoto vs. Mendelson, Larry Vs. maybe Thor, Juji vs. maybe the mini Strongman from Larry’s gym. Etc.

Othewise guys like Larry and Spoto should be matched up with sub 200lb pros vs vetted superheavies if it’s “mandatory” they pull a pro. And even that won’t make Larry or Spoto look like a rock star. Picture either of them pulling RVJ or Toddzilla at under 200lbs!

Khaled is legit the only strong non puller I have ever seen I think would fare well amongst actual arm wrestlers in a super match or tournament style venue with real pullers.

the part where non pullers get it twisted is when guys like Devon or MMT look at a camera and tell everyone “yeah I think Larry is strong. Or Spoto is strong. Or schoolboy is strong.”

the non pullers who worship guys like Devon then seem to be under the impression that because their hero told them a guy was strong, then that means he’s on, or near the same level as their hero.

when that is LITERALLY anything but even remotely accurate.

pay attention! And point out the last time Devon or MMT collaborated with ANY non puller on an arm wrestling table and didn’t throw them a bone with the “he’s really strong” compliment, after they pulled a bit. They say it to everyone who pulls them. Almost as if letting them retain some dignity after they got their asses handed to them. Lol! It’s really nothing more than a chivalrous comment by them. And whatever guy they say that about should occupy ZERO real restate in your head as some kind of elite strength level puller.

case in point, Devon also told Thor that same stuff…. Are you guys starting to see what I’m getting at?

What I’m carrying on about is literally the same as when you guys watch a video of some YouTube sensation doing some decent grip feats. And at the same time receiving some borderline standing ovation from their fans in the comments section below the video, who don’t know any better.

cringe, right?..

You are more than likely watching  those videos going “um… yeah that was decent and all… but I could do that when I was 190lbs!”

that’s how I feel when I watch schoolboy pull someone, then get his knob shined by his don’t-know-any-better fans.

that’s all I’m trying to say. Lol!

I’d like to see a SB and Tommy match! I agree about his numbers, too...weren’t as high as I thought he’d be.

46 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I’d like to see a SB and Tommy match! I agree about his numbers, too...weren’t as high as I thought he’d be.

Yep! I’d be glad to pull him right hand. Because it ain’t gonna go for me like it went for Larry! And I’ll do the match at my current BW!

• Like 1

Just text a promoter here (in Tx) right after my last post. He’s telling me that Alex and School boy both make 6 figures off YouTube alone. And that id be lucky to get on a table with him on those grounds specifically.

2 hours ago, slazbob said:

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Yep! I’d be glad to pull him right hand. Because it ain’t gonna go for me like it went for Larry! And I’ll do the match at my current BW!

I’ve felt your right hand Tommy...I bet you would run over SB 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Just text a promoter here (in Tx) right after my last post. He’s telling me that Alex and School boy both make 6 figures off YouTube alone. And that id be lucky to get on a table with him on those grounds specifically.

You gotta Shannon Briggs him “let’s go champ!” Haha 

2 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I’ve felt your right hand Tommy...I bet you would run over SB 

Thank you brother. And you’d rip his left hand up!

42 minutes ago, slazbob said:

You gotta Shannon Briggs him “let’s go champ!” Haha 

I suppose It wouldn’t hurt to try to get a match. But I highly doubt he’d agree unless I put up some substantial amount of cash. Then I’d more than likely have to travel some great distance to do the match. (Which would only be proper if I’m calling him out)

the promoter I talked to earlier tried to get a match with Alex not long ago left hand. Alex declined. Claiming it wasn’t worth his time.

…..which isn’t untrue I suppose. When you can make 6 figures reliably by sticking to a lightweight diet of non-pullers, why would you risk losing the payday that comes with all the clout?…by possibly losing to some nowhere Texas guy?

42 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I suppose It wouldn’t hurt to try to get a match. But I highly doubt he’d agree unless I put up some substantial amount of cash. Then I’d more than likely have to travel some great distance to do the match. (Which would only be proper if I’m calling him out)

the promoter I talked to earlier tried to get a match with Alex not long ago left hand. Alex declined. Claiming it wasn’t worth his time.

…..which isn’t untrue I suppose. When you can make 6 figures reliably by sticking to a lightweight diet of non-pullers, why would you risk losing the payday that comes with all the clout?…by possibly losing to some nowhere Texas guy?

Yeah that sucks. Would be cool to see though.

26 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Yeah that sucks. Would be cool to see though.

Screw it. I’ll make an attempt at getting the match.

Bader, is there any way you could assist this? If so I’m down. Should he accept, of course.

only hiccup for me would be out of country travel. I’d need a passport and however long it takes to get one of those, etc. if that’s a problem it would have to be a stateside match. Also don’t have a pile of cash I’m willing to put on the match. But I will 100% do that match. For free!

• Like 1

You guy’s are kidding about Schoolboy right? Schoolboy might be overrated but he’s still no joke. Second place at the russian junior heavyweights. No one in here would offer any resistance to him. Maybe Schoolboy at 16-18 weighing 80-90kg. But Schoolboy at 21 weighing 126kg, forget it. 

26 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

You guy’s are kidding about Schoolboy right? Schoolboy might be overrated but he’s still no joke. Second place at the russian junior heavyweights. No one in here would offer any resistance to him. Maybe Schoolboy at 16-18 weighing 80-90kg. But Schoolboy at 21 weighing 126kg, forget it. 

No. Not kidding. Not even remotely.

we already have a 2nd place Russian puller here. Dmitri Kachan. He’s pretty decent on Tx state level.

Edited by Tommy J.

39 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

No. Not kidding. Not even remotely.

we already have a 2nd place Russian puller here. Dmitri Kachan. He’s pretty decent on Tx state level.

How would you and Tanner fair against Michael Todd left arm? Dominate him?

8 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

How would you and Tanner fair against Michael Todd left arm? Dominate him?

To be fair, MT’s left is weaker by a significant margin. I know there are probably +10 people in Texas who would beat MT’s left arm. But I don’t think you or Tanner are one of them.