Plate curl

AdamTGlass

7 Dec 21 

there are levels to every game. You think you are at the top only to see how far you can still go…

my attitude with sticking this feat has shifted from  something I get on a good training day to something I can do after arm wrestling practice on request. 

this is one of the most profitable goals you can easily chase. It’s moving one joint with a piece of equipment you already have access to. 

i want you to have a strong wrist. I want you to do more plate curls. Yes You. 

• Like 9

On 5/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, AdamTGlass said:

Main goal now is the competition 45 lb bumper plate. I’m closer than far on that. 

Yeah that was stupid strict. Great job bro! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

eventually every plate I own holding the 229 lb bell. Keep me busy next 10 years I’m sure. 

• Like 3

Adam, I am so glad you are still doing stupid hard feats. You really inspired me when I first started, and seeing you now makes me really excited for when I get out of training in a few months and can do my own thing again. I have learned alot about lifting and life by watching and listening to you. I wish you well Brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Ive been very cautious with one arm hangs since Oct but everything feels good now. 

• Like 11

this plate is very unorthodox- apparently it was designed by a college wrestling coach for use in the conditioning program. The grip and leverage feels different than a typical plate. Very hard to curl it has taken me a while to get it- all of the load shifts on to my middle and index finger. 

• Like 5

• Like 4

On 9/6/2022 at 9:58 PM, AdamTGlass said:

Ive been very cautious with one arm hangs since Oct but everything feels good now. 

That is an AWESOME feat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20/9/21 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

20/9/21 

Very impressive.. Grip and the Cult go great together! 

• 3 weeks later...

blood pressure level 9000

• Like 8

Incredible ,fantastic lift

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

right hand finger now healed up enough to load it again…never train right hand for a year and still can do it….nice. Big shout out to all the internet coaches and their claims only training one side would be such a problem- you guys are really batting a great average these days 👍👍👍🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Haha 3

i had a pretty big delivery of hay this weekend and my arms are feeling a little tweaked stacking the big bales. I’m pretty certain after this coming Saturdays arm wrestling practice I won’t do any plate curls for the next two weeks or so- what I anticipate is hitting some right hand 45 lb plate singles after I’m healed up. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

i had a pretty big delivery of hay this weekend and my arms are feeling a little tweaked stacking the big bales. I’m pretty certain after this coming Saturdays arm wrestling practice I won’t do any plate curls for the next two weeks or so- what I anticipate is hitting some right hand 45 lb plate singles after I’m healed up. 

That was awesome..

Nothing like some manual labor either. It builds a certain type of resiliency that can't be replicated in the gym. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

first successful double with 20 kg 

Cleanest rep ever with one of these long thin 45s. I only 1 plate which will be harder to get - the rogue deep dish retro plate. 

clean double with 45 plate 

• Like 3

Supper strong 

way cool

• Like 1

45 lb curled from the pull up bar 

double with 20 kg than hand to hand inch 

• Like 2

This was extremely challenging 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I don’t remember getting a double before right handed and today I got three sets of doubles righty and three sets of 3.5 reps leftie 

• Like 2

Saturday I got join a group of strongman performers at Dennis Rogers house to do a show for Bill Kazmaier who was visiting TX for the week. I was extremely happy to show Kaz my feats and to see him in great spirits and health. 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 5

Nice videos... Thats very honorable that you got to perform for Dennis Rogers and Bill Kazmaier.