Plate curl

AdamTGlass

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Some tests for reps today to see where this next block of training is at 

35 lb for easy 10 reps 

44 for 4.5 left and 2 wonky right today. I’m running to hit the 25 kg rogue steel plate in 2023 and I think I will need to be able to curl this plate like 10-12 times to achieve a single on that. That’s not how I train this btw but it’s a thing I would expect to see. 

• Like 1

35 for easy 10 right hand 

45 double 

20 kg for triple 

• Like 5

Who’s got two sore thumbs and some big PRs today? 👍😁👍 this guy 

first right hand rep with this 45 lb

first triple right hand with 20 kg 

• Like 2

well i've give you two sore thumbs up!👍 👍

• Thanks 1

way cool , supper strong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember quite a few years ago when I first saw your (Adam's) plate curls with 45# plates, I went and tried them with the heaviest playe I could plate curl (a 25, which still today is my max, hehehe!), and when I started with my torso bent like he used to, it was MUCH easier then trying them standing upright, so back then I knew he was super strong but didn't think of them as truly "legit". It's incredible that so many years have passed and you keep getting stronger and stronger. Your dedication is awe inspiring and I love those "combined" lifts (hanging by one arm and whatnot). You're now plate curling them starting very close to vertical. I love all your videos and hope they inspire others to keep putting the work. My hat is off to you sir!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lifesnotfair said:

I remember quite a few years ago when I first saw your (Adam's) plate curls with 45# plates, I went and tried them with the heaviest playe I could plate curl (a 25, which still today is my max, hehehe!), and when I started with my torso bent like he used to, it was MUCH easier then trying them standing upright, so back then I knew he was super strong but didn't think of them as truly "legit". It's incredible that so many years have passed and you keep getting stronger and stronger. Your dedication is awe inspiring and I love those "combined" lifts (hanging by one arm and whatnot). You're now plate curling them starting very close to vertical. I love all your videos and hope they inspire others to keep putting the work. My hat is off to you sir!

us gripsters are like fine wine.. we get better with age.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

training this week goes well 

• Like 5

Those platemates are expensive but they look very handy.  Someday i'll have to get a set.

• Like 1

grind til it goes 

• Like 4

next level 👀👀👀👀

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

45 plate + 6.75 lb - 55 lb will likely be possible this month 

• Like 2