Grip Genie Grip Competition

Blackjaw

I saw jujimufu's video on hosting a grip competition and was wondering if anyone on the board has been contacted about hosting and/or what the contest is going to involve? 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Blackjaw said:

I saw jujimufu's video on hosting a grip competition and was wondering if anyone on the board has been contacted about hosting and/or what the contest is going to involve? 

I’m hosting the North Texas location. 

As Steve said all of the details are posted on www.ArmliftingUSA.com - I think this will become a huge contest. — Juji’s video announcement has had 70,000+ views this week- has any contest before had that much exposure in just a few days? 

the events are RGT (very tough spin on that) the Grip genie Vbar, the GG fatgripz for one and two hand deadlift, and the GG hub & block. It’s a two leg contest with cash pay out to top finishers. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

FD8399C1-63F3-4749-BC83-EDD488A0EB2E.thumb.png.3330b00463f4b46938c55426fcef37ff.png

can I get further clarification on rule #5 of the Hilt implement?

im having trouble understanding the no spin at lockout. How exactly is anyone supposed to control the plate spin at lockout when the implement is essentially hooked to the loading pin technically like a free-to-move chain link?

further, will the DOH deadlift also require plates to be completely motionless at lockout as well?

very confusing rule there. Lockout is lockout. Regardless of plate spin. Hell, one could even be so bold as to conclude that plate spin at lockout can technically be seen as proof of no bracing of the loading pin or plates.

If we’re getting technical, there is no such thing as motionless plates at lockout on this lift.

we all know what a good or bad VBAR lift is. So no point in anyone getting salty about my question. All I’m asking is exactly how strict will this rule be? Because I can go full HAM and red light every single lift, regardless of how dominant the control seems. There isn’t gonna be a single lift with 100% motionless plates at lockout. I can even get extra and slow motion post the current and previous WR on this implement. While I certainly DO agree that guys lifts are what I would deem legit good lifts, they technically do have plate movement at lockout.

so exactly what I’m asking is- exactly how strict will that rule be at each venue?

in no powerlifting meet, ever, was plate spin at actual lockout red lighted.

why is that a thing here?

before anyone thinks I’m splitting hairs, I’ll refer you no further than the possible prize money… the decent money alone makes this worth hashing out verbatim.

Even tho I don’t really agree with it, I fully understand no hand spin at lockout. So no need to quote or annunciate that part. My question, for the 3rd or 4th time now so to be clear, is how exactly should anyone be expected to control the plates or plate spin at lockout if touching them intentionally is prohibited?

Tommy this A.M. Riccardo loaded a video with further explanation- the simple answer is at the finish for the hilt the plates are not to turning for the lifter is give a down command. This is the same rule Odd has used for his Viking Vise grip format and the same rule the league has used for lbh in contest. Spin on the start is fine (but a disadvantage) as long as the weight is stopped at the top. 

The doh is the same as it’s always been. 

As with every contest I have run all the rules will be clearly explained before the meet and all questions will be answered so everyone understands. 

• Thanks 1

Tommy all of the promoters are responsible to explain all rules- at the end of the leg for each class there is a video review of top lifts. So it’s wise for the promoters to call the lifts the way the judging criteria is lifted. 

heres a fine example- 155 kg on the Russian Excalibur with no spin - what a lift 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQVOZVlg14k/?utm_medium=copy_link

if you want to go to source of the deal contact Riccardo Magni - no one HERE  is in position to hash out anything related to the rules but he can. The events are not complex and whenever some one is doubt if they got that lift just hold on a tad longer to be sure. 

4 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Tommy this A.M. Riccardo loaded a video with further explanation- the simple answer is at the finish for the hilt the plates are not to turning for the lifter is give a down command. This is the same rule Odd has used for his Viking Vise grip format and the same rule the league has used for lbh in contest. Spin on the start is fine (but a disadvantage) as long as the weight is stopped at the top. 

The doh is the same as it’s always been. 

As with every contest I have run all the rules will be clearly explained before the meet and all questions will be answered so everyone understands. 

I did see Riccardo’s post. And am in understanding of what he’s saying. My question is, exactly how strict will it be? Because if we are being honest, there technically is no such thing as motionless plates on any lift. And Am willing to demonstrate that point.

so is the rule actually more like “if the plates look mostly kind of stationary” then it’s a good lift? Because again, there is no such thing as stationary plates. Unless each lockout has a 60 second or so count to go with it before a down command is given.

1 minute ago, AdamTGlass said:

Tommy all of the promoters are responsible to explain all rules- at the end of the leg for each class there is a video review of top lifts. So it’s wise for the promoters to call the lifts the way the judging criteria is lifted. 

heres a fine example- 155 kg on the Russian Excalibur with no spin - what a lift 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQVOZVlg14k/?utm_medium=copy_link

if you want to go to source of the deal contact Riccardo Magni - no one HERE  is in position to hash out anything related to the rules but he can. The events are not complex and whenever some one is doubt if they got that lift just hold on a tad longer to be sure. 

Nossir, what I’m pointing out is even that great lift still does have plate movement at the top.

and does Riccardo not post here? Where would Riccardo prefer that I ask or speak with him on it that will be as transparent as a public forum?