Masters of metal, agents of steel

David_wigren

1 hour ago, bruce1337 said:

Your DO is getting strong! Keep it up

I've come a long way since first posting here, but not long enough 

I have recently adopted Wiggys style of butt kink with my braced bending and I have to say it has been very rewarding. I just bent a 12mm x 14" HRS with single WOG wraps and one towel (Horne record style). I look forward to using this technique and maximising my braced bending potential.

Also bent a 10mm x 6" HRS 

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 6

Moose bar double underhand cert attempt I just sent to Josh. Really happy with the speed and power behind this bend. I was surprised it took one hit 

Snapchat-268402190.jpg

• Like 4

3/8" x 4.5" 4.8 bolt braced

Actually measures 3/8" around the threads and 8.5mm around the actual bar. Not that impressive but still fun to try.

20220507_191340.jpg

• Like 5

Hurt my back doing deadlifts last week so just did some playing today. 

DU 

7mm 7" nail singles 

7.6mm 7" doubles 

8mm rebar doubles

8.8 bolt no movement 

DO 

Only playing with super short stuff that didn't work like 5.5" 8.8 nails and 5" 7.6 nails 

• Like 4

12mm x 11.76" (30cm) HRS braced. This one was definitely harder than the one I bent last year (same dimensions)

I bought some new hrs and will test out how it feels at 14" soon.

IMG_20220510_181343_503.jpg

• Like 6

12mm x 14" Grade 300 HRS

Defs harder than the previous batch. The crush had some resistance.

• Like 4

Strong work brother! Going to be interesting seeing where you land when you finally get your hands on some rated bars!

• Like 2

Got 2nd place in the unbraced portion of the Michigan bending and breaking championship. I lost to Don C (no surprise there!). It was a great competition, with strong people, and I did some braced bending for the first time. I didn't think I would, but I enjoyed braced bending a lot. I got this awesome trophy modeled after Slim the Hammerman, for most improved. I will surely treasure that piece. 

IMG_20220515_045919_637.jpg

IMG_20220515_045919_667.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

Got 2nd place in the unbraced portion of the Michigan bending and breaking championship. I lost to Don C (no surprise there!). It was a great competition, with strong people, and I did some braced bending for the first time. I didn't think I would, but I enjoyed braced bending a lot. I got this awesome trophy modeled after Slim the Hammerman, for most improved. I will surely treasure that piece. 

Congratulations, and the trophy looks super cool! Just checked Don's videos, must have been a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matek said:

Congratulations, and the trophy looks super cool! Just checked Don's videos, must have been a lot of fun. 

It was a blast. I am a very thankful dude right now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Awesome job and well deserved! I might try and make it one year

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stranger said:

Awesome job and well deserved! I might try and make it one year

Chaz! You gotta make the trip! I'll buy us the finest drinks if you go next year!

• Like 1

Strong work there London! And congrats on the second place in the unbraced 💪 well deserved.

I also saw you on the braced medley and you looked so confused 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bruce1337 said:

Strong work there London! And congrats on the second place in the unbraced 💪 well deserved.

I also saw you on the braced medley and you looked so confused 😂 

I was confused. I'm still confused. I never braced bent anything in my life so I didn't feel bad about it lol 

• Haha 2

16mm x 30" HRS Grade 300

Was my first ever bend with 16mm steel so I'm happy with the result. My leg hurts like f*ck now 😂

IMG_20220519_163637_792.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Took 2 min. 

Snapchat-925372238.jpg

Thats a strong bend brother! Time to take on the 10.9 💪

• Like 2

DU 

7.6mm nail 7" x2

7.6mm nail 5" x2 

Horrido 8.8 some movement in 2 sets 

A2 4" to 25 degrees couldn't finish because the bolt fell out of the wraps and also trouble with room

Good session 

• Like 5

Just now, Lennix said:

DU 

7.6mm nail 7" x2

7.6mm nail 5" x2 

Horrido 8.8 some movement in 2 sets 

A2 4" to 25 degrees couldn't finish because the bolt fell out of the wraps and also trouble with room

Good session 

Seems the agents of steel are doing some more DU

Two of my armwrestling buddies trying DO bending for the first time. 207k grade 8 bolts. They are both unreasonable strong. One lifted the inch on his first try and the other got air thumbless on the inch. I need to manipulate them to start bending. I’m sure they would both be able to wreck the steel bending scene with some training.

E6D2F079-7C1E-480F-9AAE-75F20294F17B.jpeg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Two of my armwrestling buddies trying DO bending for the first time. 207k grade 8 bolts. They are both unreasonable strong. One lifted the inch on his first try and the other got air thumbless on the inch. I need to manipulate them to start bending. I’m sure they would both be able to wreck the steel bending scene with some training.

E6D2F079-7C1E-480F-9AAE-75F20294F17B.jpeg

Did you also give them paper towels for wraps or was that just to punish me? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Did you also give them paper towels for wraps or was that just to punish me? 

This is actually a love story. I wanted you to have the same experience as me. The leathers I used in the beginning made Ironmind pads feel like pipes.

• Like 2

I'm finally feeling healed-up after Don's comp two weeks ago.  Haven't touched any steel since then either.  Going to make an attempt at an 8.8 DU this weekend and will post-up how it goes here.  Love seeing all of the double-underhand bending going on here!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, David_wigren said:

This is actually a love story. I wanted you to have the same experience as me. The leathers I used in the beginning made Ironmind pads feel like pipes.

Well it worked 😂 definitely thought blue pads was an upgrade!