David_wigren

DO:

7" Rebar singles

8mm Hex hard stock 7" Haard crush due to bend being uneven

triangle grade 5 bolt also uneven as fk

Braced 12mm HRS

10"

8.5" 

7.75" easy until 80mm inbetween handles were it froze hard and I couldnt budge it anymore

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lennix said:

Horrido's certs in within 5 minutes so 4 is ok

I personally think DU and reverse bends should be limited to 30 seconds. But Horrido keeps it simple and consistent with the other certs and has every event set to a 5 minute time limit.

5 hours ago, Lennix said:

DO:

7" Rebar singles

8mm Hex hard stock 7" Haard crush due to bend being uneven

triangle grade 5 bolt also uneven as fk

Braced 12mm HRS

10"

8.5" 

7.75" easy until 80mm inbetween handles were it froze hard and I couldnt budge it anymore

So weak!

21 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I personally think DU and reverse bends should be limited to 30 seconds. But Horrido keeps it simple and consistent with the other certs and has every event set to a 5 minute time limit.

I completely agree. To me, DU and Reverse should be done MELTING the steel. I can melt a grade 8 in 30 seconds, but not a red :(. Personally a 4 minutes long bend for DU or reverse is unacceptable

Moose bar in Bendsport Canada wraps. I actually like these wraps a lot, slimmer than regular leathers but not too slim. This was the laziest bend of my life, I just opened the package and did it no warmup

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Moose bar in Bendsport Canada wraps. I actually like these wraps a lot, slimmer than regular leathers but not too slim. This was the laziest bend of my life, I just opened the package and did it no warmup

Ive heard the moose is harder than red nails and bastards. Very strong bend made it look like minimal effort.

• Like 1

I am sore in ways I usually never get. My core, back and legs are trashed both by doms and from soft tissue trauma from the actual bracing.

Bent a 12 x 8” hrs. Failed a 12 x 6.5” and got it down to 3.5”. The crush ramped up incredibly. Then I attempted and failed a 18mm x 21”. Got it just past 90 degrees. Tried to finish it after some rest but only moved it a little bit further. Current world record stands at 25.6” so I definitely went over my head attempting a 21” bar. But I’m pretty sure I should be able to get one cut to 23” at least. Maybe even 22”. 

Here’s a video showing parts of my failed attempt on the 18 x 21”

• Like 8

Ironmind red nail Double underhand double wraps. Took 40 seconds total, but I think the first hit was beyond 40°. This was done wasted, very proud of it 

• Like 6

On 4/15/2022 at 10:53 PM, Londonjoseph said:

Ironmind red nail Double underhand double wraps. Took 40 seconds total, but I think the first hit was beyond 40°. This was done wasted, very proud of it 

Haha. I have great memories bending while wasted with my brother. I don’t recommend it since you might do dumb things when drunk, but it sure was alot of fun. 

And yeah, that bar looked to be past 40 on the first hit. Strong wrists!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David_wigren said:

Haha. I have great memories bending while wasted with my brother. I don’t recommend it since you might do dumb things when drunk, but it sure was alot of fun. 

And yeah, that bar looked to be past 40 on the first hit. Strong wrists!!!

You're right David, bending while wasted is not a good idea lol. After this weekend, I'm laying off the drinks for a while. Had to crack open a cold one after moose bar cert tho! 

DO 

Rebar singles x2 lol it was hard xD 

8.8 bolt doubles sub 1 min 

12.9.bolt from 5 degrees to 130mm almost 90 degrees 

Coc #4 chestcrushes 20 

Braced

10mm rebar 160mm fail couldn't finish it 

12mm HRS 8" in 3 min 

Long time no bending! 

• Like 5

I don’t like that Thom is catching up on the short braced! I attempted a 12 x 7” in an effort to distance myself, but I failed miserably, again. Got stuck with the legs at 3 5/8.

But the longer stuff went alot better.

14mm x 11”, which is the shortest 14mm bend ever. Though it felt like I had more in the tank I’m not sure I can kink shorter bars with this sweep/kink technique. I’m already on the very limit with how I angle my legs and position the bars to allow for any movement at all at 11”. But I might try a 10.75” bar next training session just to see how it goes.

Another bend I did was 18mm x 23”. This felt really heavy. The bar only moved a minuscule amount on each hit. Though it never got stuck so it might be possible to improve. I might try a 22” next time. I give myself a 50/50 shot at making the 22” bend with my current strength level.

• Like 7

You should be afraid old man. Bought 14mm HRS today ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lennix said:

You should be afraid old man. Bought 14mm HRS today ;)

I predict failure and total despair before the weekend is over.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Londonjoseph said:

Damn David, it's like poking a sleeping bear saying that to Thom 

The only thing Thom has in common with a bear is his BMI.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, Londonjoseph said:

Not fat, just big boned!!! 

Nope, just fat.

FAT-MRI.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

NOOOOO he just emailed me it's a fail!

I think its because you didnt measure from the head of the bolt. I think its still a little past 2". Keep doing ISOS and when that sucker goes under try to cert again. You will get it no doubt!

• Like 1

DO

2x7" rebar warmup

10.9 6.5" from 20 degrees to around 100mm left

Braced

14mm HRS 13" exact same kink as on the 12"

On 4/26/2022 at 2:52 AM, Lennix said:

DO

2x7" rebar warmup

10.9 6.5" from 20 degrees to around 100mm left

Braced

14mm HRS 13" exact same kink as on the 12"

Was there failure and total despair? 

• Like 1

5/16"x6" Grade 5 bolt (same as nanook) from bendsport Canada. Took 3 minutes in doubles 

Snapchat-124229057.jpg

Snapchat-233080924.jpg

• Like 4

Your DO is getting strong! Keep it up

• Like 2