Masters of metal, agents of steel

David_wigren

8 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Who is goat? Juha? Klimovich? Gazza??? 

I don't know. But the first two names sounds fitting for best DO-bender. Last one is to much of an enigma :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

Thanks mate, just need some more progress to surpass Davids prime. Then I am done 😂(not) 

Give me 5 DO sessions in a row and I’ll smash your DO 😄😈

47 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Give me 5 DO sessions in a row and I’ll smash your DO 😄😈

Have you ever managed to do 5 sessions in a row one style? 

On 8/7/2021 at 11:18 PM, Lennix said:

Have you ever managed to do 5 sessions in a row one style? 

I tried to do some DO at the end of the session yesterday. Felt a pain in my wrist and decided to stop after the first semi committed hit 😂

• Sad 1

Bent a 4” 240k @6” yesterday for Steel Shredder 9. Took 4 minutes and 40 seconds. So painful on the hands and fingers with the limited wrap size. I think this bend gives me the current 4th spot overall. No one has yet to finish a 3.75” within the time limit. I think the 3.75” will probably guarantee you a top 3 spot and possibly also the win.

• Like 3

2x7mm nails 

1x8mm rebar 

1× 8mm hexatard from 2010 in singles 

Attempt Edgin 6" kicked my butt after the kink at 90 degrees! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

That’s some really strong steel bending!

Thanks for the compliment and the steel, feels great to crush some old time steel!

• Like 2

7.6mm x 5" nails x3 in WOG wraps. These felt way easier than the last training session

240k @6" cut to 5" in WOG wraps tiny wobble. The pain was brutal and my hands are sore as (bad word filter). Going to need some time to heal before re-attempting.

I've been doing gtg wrist curls with my inch trainer for a couple weeks now. Everytime I hit 20+ easy reps I add on 2kg. So far up to 25.5kg and 20 reps. Should be adding on more weight soon. My goal is to build a strong cupped wrist as I suspect it is my weak link when it comes to thick bar.

Current BW 76kg

20210815_174359.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Braced bending 12mm rebar 

55x1 20 min 

53x1 40 seconds 

51x1 3 minutes 

Tried a different position on the last bend for the sweep with steel more in my hipcrease, couldn't get it to work today. 

• Like 2

DO 

7mm nail 

8mm rebar 

3x6mm nails 150mm equalent to 3x60d nails according to devin hoover 

Horrido 12.9 bolt from like 2 degrees to 5! Happy to have such a excellent kink bar to train on :D

8.8 nail in imps no bueno to weak 1 hit then brains say no more 

• Like 4

SS9

Learned a new technique. Game changer

Heslep snaps seem to be a perfect exercise both for warming up and general wrist/elbow health. Will be doing them every session from now on.

Warmup

6mm x 5" nail

7mm x 5" nail

7.6mm x 5" nail

Attempt

183k 12.9 bolt cut to 5" done in 18s. Big PR and felt suuuuuper easy. 

240k 8mm cut to 5" wobbled to 10 ish degrees. Felt a lot better than my previous attempt and was less painful too. 

• Like 3

Trying tripplewraps with belt leather 😂

7mm nail 

8mm rebar 

8.8 bolt 6" sweep 3mm movement 

8.8mm nail 6" kink to 90 degrees 

Belt leather needs some time to loosenup and I need to learn the proper setup for it 

Screenshot_20210825-193046_Messenger.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/24/2021 at 10:04 PM, bruce1337 said:

SS9

Learned a new technique. Game changer

Heslep snaps seem to be a perfect exercise both for warming up and general wrist/elbow health. Will be doing them every session from now on.

Warmup

6mm x 5" nail

7mm x 5" nail

7.6mm x 5" nail

Attempt

183k 12.9 bolt cut to 5" done in 18s. Big PR and felt suuuuuper easy. 

240k 8mm cut to 5" wobbled to 10 ish degrees. Felt a lot better than my previous attempt and was less painful too. 

Yeah, you sold me on the Heslep snap thing. It felt super nice for the forearms and elbows!

• Like 1

7mm nail imps 

8mm rebar imps 

8.8mm nail 6" pipes ez sub minute bend

So I thought ive found a superior wrap setup and was feeling strong so went for 10.9 cert and failed at the sweep. Not even a new PR. Hard bolt to say the least! 

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 2

Bending away from body: 

6mm 180mm snap 50 seconds imps

7mm nail 210 fully bent imps

6mm 140mm snap in 1 min imps

Horrido A2 kinked 10 degrees leathers 

• Like 3

SS9 training

5.5mm x 140mm nail Heslep snap

7.6mm x 5" nail x2

7mm x 4" nail kinked only. Couldnt figure out how to sweep it

7.6mm x 4.5" nail super easy bend

183k 12.9 bolt 5" from an old attempt that was wobbled. No dice! Goes to show how much bolts can differ especially when cut shorter. Compare my last attempt where I smashed it in 18s to this one where I cant even move past the kink.

137k bolt 5" DO

Worked up to 30kg wrist curls for 20 reps on my inch DB trainer. Im going to keep this up for a long time and then start thick bar training again. If I make no progress on my thick bar after this I will give up thick bar/axle lifts for good 😂

20210828_140355.jpg

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 4

12th place for SS9

My best attempt on the last day of SS9 was a 90 degree bend of a 5" 240k bar. Melted it on the kink and then got completely stumped on the sweep. Wish I had learned the thumb technique sooner but still it was a PR nonetheless. 

IMG_20210901_121750_483.jpg

• Like 3

I’m extremely happy with my performance in Strel Shredder 9. I struggled initially and set the goal of bending a 4,5” before the comp was over. But I observed Horne and Reuben to see what they were doing and I made some changes to my grip that improved my ability to bend the shorter bars significantly. I ended up bending a 4” bar in 53 seconds, giving me the 2nd place overall behind Reuben. I feel that if I had another month or so of training with this new technique I would’ve been able to challenge Reuben. I also dropped about 13-14kg of bodyweight during the the duration of the comp and I felt that made my legcrush suffer. Not so much due to strength loss but rather from the mechanical disadvantage of having less meat on my legs to brace with. Felt more unstable and in some positions I could straighten my legs fully without applying any significant force on the short steel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

I’m extremely happy with my performance in Strel Shredder 9. I struggled initially and set the goal of bending a 4,5” before the comp was over. But I observed Horne and Reuben to see what they were doing and I made some changes to my grip that improved my ability to bend the shorter bars significantly. I ended up bending a 4” bar in 53 seconds, giving me the 2nd place overall behind Reuben. I feel that if I had another month or so of training with this new technique I would’ve been able to challenge Reuben. I also dropped about 13-14kg of bodyweight during the the duration of the comp and I felt that made my legcrush suffer. Not so much due to strength loss but rather from the mechanical disadvantage of having less meat on my legs to brace with. Felt more unstable and in some positions I could straighten my legs fully without applying any significant force on the short steel.

Killer work this comp! Those short ones are so tricky to kink in the DHWOG pads. Great event and a monster bend you did. Congrats.

• Like 1

DO 

7mm nail 210x2 imps 

8mm rebar 7" imps 

5.5" 8.8mm nail 10 degrees imps + leather 

Same bar from 10 to like 90 in imps + leather + leather 

Gold nail attempt no movement 

Chest crush moved 10mm hrs 8.8 bolt and perhaps even the 10.9 bolt from 49-47mm hard to say 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

4963766F-7A25-4617-BF1C-2AEF19E1A238.jpeg

Your commitment to making the bend was nothing short of monumental. After failing a 4" bend previously you mustered up the will to cut your last bar and go absolutely ape sh!t on it! Glad I was there to witness it. 

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 1