Masters of metal, agents of steel

David_wigren

Work on the leftover bar with isos and then re attempt. The 10.9 isnt far now 💪

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Work on the leftover bar with isos and then re attempt. The 10.9 isnt far now 💪

Yeah. Keep hitting the previously failed bars until they’re all under 2” and then attempt a new one and you’ll blow right through it!

• Like 1

Some easy snap warmups

8mm x 170mm rebar snap attempt, had to stop cause I tore some skin in my palm. Guess ill have to wait another week before attempting the 8.8 snap cert.

8.8 iso crush from 2.5" down by 1/8". Doesn't seem like much but its a big milestone for me to get my crush stronger. Only 9.5mm left to go! 😂

20210706_185201.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Some easy snap warmups

8mm x 170mm rebar snap attempt, had to stop cause I tore some skin in my palm. Guess ill have to wait another week before attempting the 8.8 snap cert.

8.8 iso crush from 2.5" down by 1/8". Doesn't seem like much but its a big milestone for me to get my crush stronger. Only 9.5mm left to go! 😂

20210706_185201.jpg

IMO the crush is the hardest part of the 8.8. Once it’s started to move like that you don’t have much further to go before a full bend is possible.

• Like 1

Began training for SS9

I dont have horne pads yet so I made due with horrido leather. Made the bends alot easier.

5.1mm x 3" nail x 2 warmup 

6mm x 3" nail to 2"

7mm x 3" nail to 2.5" (the 7mm are a little easier than 166k bolts)

8mm stainless iso crush moved a little further (15 degrees)

20210711_162750.jpg

20210711_161306.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wekrman Striker (used) #2 8x22.5mm (worn down to around 7mm at the crux.

My best shoe bend yet. Almost had it but couldn't quite get the proper positioning and power in the final hits. With some great tips from @David_wigren and enough reps I should be able to get on the Kerkhaert ladder soon

20210722_223156.jpg

20210722_223205.jpg

• Like 2

Today I, Siamak(Bruce1137) and Thom(Lennix) had a grip/bending/armwrestling at my dungeon.

Me and Thom started early and also stayed late for a total of about five and half hours of training. The training were spread out though so the total volume weren’t that bad. Some highlights of the session in no order.

Thom lifted my Blob50.

Both me and Thom lifted 78kg on my inch trainer handle. I think both me and Thom could’ve lifted more but the weights got stuck on the handle and we didn’t have the proper tools to take them off😂. The weights are screwed tight onto the handle so it acts like a solid piece. I’m currently waiting on a 64kg and 78kg inch dumbbell replica. Will be interesting to see if I can lift the 78kg dumbbell. Shouldn’t be too far off with some training. Thom could lift one for sure.

Siamak bent a shoe. Not sure what size or brand. Went through the kink and sweep easy and then got stuck at the very end of the crushdown. Most likely due to not having trained that part of the crushdown. Shoe got stuck at about 175 degrees.

We tested some new 8.8mm nails that length for length feels pretty close to the 8.8 bolts from Horrido, maybe 5-10% easier. I bent a 10.4mm 8 3/8” hard hrs from Thom. My DO was surprisingly strong and I managed to get it down to 2 1/8”. Thom asserted his DO dominance by crushing it down to 1 3/4”. I think Thom said this bar is harder than a 8.8 Horrido bolt. 

Siamak made some progress on a 5” 6mm 12.9 bolt in wog wraps for SS9. 

Thom absolutely smashed a 6.5” 5/16” 12.9 bolt from Horrido. I think Thom could bend a 5.5” one right now if he tried. Maybe also get one at 5” or maybe even 4.5” with some training. Most of the strength is already there.

We bent and snapped a whole bunch of 6mm, 7mm and 7.6mm nails at different lengths.

Me and Thom finished with some armwrestling training. Without a doubt top 3 strongest noobs I’ve ever felt left handed. Particularly in a dragging biceps and lat driven hook. A bit uncoordinated, which an experienced armwrestler can take advantage of, and I did a few times just to assert dominance. But when I let him stay in his lane, yup strong AF. Thom had some issues with his right arm. I think the diagnosis was “weak AF” so he couldn’t perform that well right arm.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Today I, Siamak(Bruce1137) and Thom(Lennix) had a grip/bending/armwrestling at my dungeon.

Me and Thom started early and also stayed late for a total of about five and half hours of training. The training were spread out though so the total volume weren’t that bad. Some highlights of the session in no order.

Thom lifted my Blob50.

Both me and Thom lifted 78kg on my inch trainer handle. I think both me and Thom could’ve lifted more but the weights got stuck on the handle and we didn’t have the proper tools to take them off😂. The weights are screwed tight onto the handle so it acts like a solid piece. I’m currently waiting on a 64kg and 78kg inch dumbbell replica. Will be interesting to see if I can lift the 78kg dumbbell. Shouldn’t be too far off with some training. Thom could lift one for sure.

Siamak bent a shoe. Not sure what size or brand. Went through the kink and sweep easy and then got stuck at the very end of the crushdown. Most likely due to not having trained that part of the crushdown. Shoe got stuck at about 175 degrees.

We tested some new 8.8mm nails that length for length feels pretty close to the 8.8 bolts from Horrido, maybe 5-10% easier. I bent a 10.4mm 8 3/8” hard hrs from Thom. My DO was surprisingly strong and I managed to get it down to 2 1/8”. Thom asserted his DO dominance by crushing it down to 1 3/4”. I think Thom said this bar is harder than a 8.8 Horrido bolt. 

Siamak made some progress on a 5” 6mm 12.9 bolt in wog wraps for SS9. 

Thom absolutely smashed a 6.5” 5/16” 12.9 bolt from Horrido. I think Thom could bend a 5.5” one right now if he tried. Maybe also get one at 5” or maybe even 4.5” with some training. Most of the strength is already there.

We bent and snapped a whole bunch of 6mm, 7mm and 7.6mm nails at different lengths.

Me and Thom finished with some armwrestling training. Without a doubt top 3 strongest noobs I’ve ever felt left handed. Particularly in a dragging biceps and lat driven hook. A bit uncoordinated, which an experienced armwrestler can take advantage of, and I did a few times just to assert dominance. But when I let him stay in his lane, yup strong AF. Thom had some issues with his right arm. I think the diagnosis was “weak AF” so he couldn’t perform that well right arm.

It was very fun! Thanks for having me :D all in all a great day lifting and even if I wasn't at peak strength gripwise I got some great lifts. Need to try some shorter 12.9 for sure! 

Haha right hand is indeed diagnosed with "weak AF" right now ;) we will see in 6 months how you feel :D

You (bad word filter)ing surprised me with your DO strength and inchtrainer lifts I definitely didn't think you would manage to get that close on the 10.4mm and definitely not 78kg on the Inch trainer!

• Like 1

So a funny sidestory from yesterday. I have been hiding all my braced bending from siamak to try to beat him to 8.8 snapping and 12.9 braced. So he had no clue I could brace bend anything at all since last he knew was that I failed to brace a 8.8. So yesterday I started with 2x7mm braced and smashed it and then tried an 8.8 bolt and he didn't react at all like yeah you see now you get it. Wigren had prepped a 12.9 6.5" bolt before siamak arrived and pretended that that was his last 12.9 bolt but I could try it if I wanted. So I smashed it and thought now Siamak will be mindblown but he litterarly didn't react at it 😂  both me and wigren were laughing our asses off still 😂

My braced bending since I understood how to brace has looked like this:

1st session 8.8 bolt 

2nd session 10.9 and 12.9 cert 

Some snapping practice 

Yesterday's 6.5" 12.9 bend 

And yesterday's 12.9 6.5" 

• Like 6

Yesterdays training was super fun! I didn't do any cert attempts but had a blast just messing around. David really showed off his DO prowess and flexibility by melting an 11" nail while both Thom and I only managed to wobble it.

Got some pointers about unbraced snapping and braced with WOG wraps that I think will help me with SS9.

Thom is just an absolute powerhouse and will dominate the bending scene in the near future. He also clocked 107kg on the GM150 hand dyno with no warmup. 

And the reason why I didn't react to Thom thmashing a 6.5" 12.9 bolt was because I already knew he was strong enough to do it, he just needed to learn how 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lennix said:

It was very fun! Thanks for having me :D all in all a great day lifting and even if I wasn't at peak strength gripwise I got some great lifts. Need to try some shorter 12.9 for sure! 

Haha right hand is indeed diagnosed with "weak AF" right now ;) we will see in 6 months how you feel :D

You (bad word filter)ing surprised me with your DO strength and inchtrainer lifts I definitely didn't think you would manage to get that close on the 10.4mm and definitely not 78kg on the Inch trainer!

Just kidding. Your right arm was also strong. But your left arm was significantly ahead of your right. I’m not surprised to see that most of the armwrestlers in your area struggles with you.

I surprised myself with the DO and thickbar. My thickbar was stronger yesterday than it was 6 months ago when I was actually training it 😂.

Btw that Blob50 was no easy feat. I think it weighs almost a kg heavy and it had collected alot of rust filled dust that made it slippery. I wanted to prep it by cleaning it and season it with chalk but there was no time. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Just kidding. Your right arm was also strong. But your left arm was significantly ahead of your right. I’m not surprised to see that most of the armwrestlers in your area struggles with you.

I surprised myself with the DO and thickbar. My thickbar was stronger yesterday than it was 6 months ago when I was actually training it 😂.

Btw that Blob50 was no easy feat. I think it weighs almost a kg heavy and it had collected alot of rust filled dust that made it slippery. I wanted to prep it by cleaning it and season it with chalk but there was no time. 

If I would rank the day: 

1 - cheatstrap win vs you in armwrestling 😂

2 - blob50

3 - 8.8 bend in singles 

4 - Braced cert 

• Like 3

Warmup snap 6mm nail DU reverse DO 

8.8mm nail 7" x1 

6.5" ×0 tested crushpads to early so failed 

6.5" x1 

All in doubles, these 8.8 nails are great!

20210725_171129.jpg

• Like 5

Yes, those 8.8mm nails were a great find!

Received my steel from David Horne so proceeded to do my first submission for Steel Shredder 9. In training I had been working on a batch of old 4.5” bastards from fbbc that I thought were “normal”. Turns out the old bastards must’ve been harder because the 240k bar is harder than an average red/bastard but it was significantly easier than the 4.5” bastards I’ve been working with. I bent a 240k bar cut to 4.5”. Took my time with the bend since I figured it’s not gonna be my best submission for the comp anyway. Finished it in 1:49. I then went on to attempt a 4.25” 240k bar but accidentally cut it to 4 1/8”. The first hit on the kink didn’t feel too bad but then it just stopped. Couldn’t move it further after the first kink. I think it stopped in an awkward spot where I couldn’t apply the needed force comfortably. I’m sure I’ll bend it before august 31st, which is the last day of the comp.

2EDDD731-E272-4771-AFD2-185C74DC759D.jpeg

• Like 5

5.5mm x 140mm nail unbraced snap reverse and DU. Learned how to DU snap without wraps slipping.

7mm x 7" nail DU in WOG wraps PR

SS9 training with some warmup nails

Managed to finish a 187k 12.9 bolt at 5" The pain was next level. Have my work cut out for me if I want to bend the 240k

Also this weird effect happened when my wraps slipped a few times on the reverse snap. 

20210801_134721.jpg

20210801_123340.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Tried to DO a g8 207k in imps and failed 😂 got it barely in leathers. 

Been armwrestling thursday and today so my arms are wrecked 

• Like 3

My wife debuted at bending today! 

6mm rebar x3 180mm 

6mm nail 180 x2 

6mm nail 150x1

6mm nail 145x1 

Then she tried 180mm rebar but yeah... no 😂 all in single leathers 

Warmup 2x180mm rebar 8mm 

8.8mm 180mm nail in imps 5 degrees (couldn't handle the pain) 

Bolts from Wigren time! 

The Edgin from back when it was dubbed the edgin x1 

Chestcrushed a 10.9 Horrido bolt from 70 to sub 50mm! First time finished. 

The Edgin FNL  

Both in doubles, easy kink but builds up nicely for a hard crush. 

20210806_210957.jpg

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Mist impressed by your wife’s bending!

Me too! She have tried 6mm nails before but never really "tried" but then she tried the 6mm rebar which feels like nothing and I told her after she bent 3 that the nail is the same thickness so she just bent them like nothing also. 

• Like 1

DO just to check if I was tired 

8mm rebar x1 

Horrido 8.8 bolt x1 

Horrido 12.9 bolt kinked 3-4 degrees 

Awesome I can move the 12.9 bolt, so I can work on that for kink and continue crushing on 10.9 bolts for awesome training! 

Hand is wrecked now 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Slippery Pete said:

Absurdly strong!! 😀

Thanks mate, just need some more progress to surpass Davids prime. Then I am done 😂(not) 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Slippery Pete said:

You are not done before you are the GOAT

Who is goat? Juha? Klimovich? Gazza??? 

• Like 1