Masters of metal, agents of steel

David_wigren

Me, @Lennix and @bruce1337 have decided to take over the world. We will post about our steel bending conquests in this topic.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

One fading star, one upcoming star and one meme-lord. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is going to be exciting!!

• Like 1

received_1090935814731618.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Horrido 8.8 snap 8mins

Grade 5 wraps touching reverse 30degrees. I could have finished it DO to get past 40 but the skin in my hands was too tender. Will save it for later

Horrido A2 6.5" doubles reverse 25 degrees

20210508_182717.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14” 242kg braced bend
14” 15mm hrs bar sat at 50 degrees from a previously failed attempt. I spent multiple attempts and moved it to 60 degrees. Not quite to where I could leg crush it.
Five 75mm x 2.8mm galvanized nails snapped in 6:20
6” grade 5 166kg failed attempt to triple snap (snapped one side too soon). Next time I’ll try a smaller middle wrap so I can see the crack forming. That way I’ll be able to be more strategic and not snap one side too soon.

4A01C637-5404-4F7D-80AE-63E991237DB5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bruce1337 said:

Horrido 8.8 snap 8mins

Grade 5 wraps touching reverse 30degrees. I could have finished it DO to get past 40 but the skin in my hands was too tender. Will save it for later

Horrido A2 6.5" doubles reverse 25 degrees

20210508_182717.jpg

You’ll get the snap next time. 8 minutes is not that far from 5 minutes. If you were just a few percent stronger and/or efficient, you’d have snapped it within the time limit:

6 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

You’ll get the snap next time. 8 minutes is not that far from 5 minutes. If you were just a few percent stronger and/or efficient, you’d have snapped it within the time limit:

Hope so! I watched my video and my technique breaks down over time. Need to keep in mind of my positioning especially when fatigue starts to kick in.

14 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

14” 242kg braced bend
14” 15mm hrs bar sat at 50 degrees from a previously failed attempt. I spent multiple attempts and moved it to 60 degrees. Not quite to where I could leg crush it.
Five 75mm x 2.8mm galvanized nails snapped in 6:20
6” grade 5 166kg failed attempt to triple snap (snapped one side too soon). Next time I’ll try a smaller middle wrap so I can see the crack forming. That way I’ll be able to be more strategic and not snap one side too soon.

4A01C637-5404-4F7D-80AE-63E991237DB5.jpeg

Looked like your feet kept slipping. Need to figure out a way to maximise your friction, maybe weight you down with a heavy backpack 😂

Edited by bruce1337

Attempt to bend session. 

DU: 

7mm nail 210mm x1

7mm nail 160mm x1

8mm rebar 4" nope 

G8 bolt 207k prekinked 5 degrees another 5 degrees 

8mm rebar 4.5" niet 

Reverse: 

7mm nail x1 

7mm nail 160mm x1 

A2 5" a few attempts prebent 25 degrees but no further movement 

6mm nail one imp 

• Like 2

I should be resting but I had to get one bend in. 166k grade 5 wraps touching, bent to 30 degrees reverse previous session then finished DO to 1.5"

Took literally no effort. I need to get to work on the G8 wraps touching

Wasn’t going to bend any steel today. Initially I was just going to do some armwrestling rehab. In the end I didn’t do any rehab and instead I bent for like 2-3 hours XD.

DU’d a 6” 1/4 square of easy stock horne wraps touching. Then snapped it whilst laying down. Did the same to a 6” 7mm cut nail.

Braced a 5.5” 12.9 bolt with double wraps. Didn’t film it. Will probably do a cert on this soon. Might try a 5” if I feel strong. The 5.5” didn’t feel too bad. But it was quite springy and therefore might get tricky in the sweep when going from doubles to single wraps.

Then finally managed to triple snap the 166kg grade 5. Picked up a few pointers which I think will improve my game in this type of snap. Right now my middle wrap is relatively wide. I think a more narrow middle piece will be better, because then you can see the cracks more clearly as they start to form.

5EC5E05B-5247-4969-B21E-0E87CF5B4E26.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Had some time over but shouldn't have trained today, was tired from yesterday's Axle, reeves, 2" vbar thumbless and grippers. + I hauled big trees etc outside for like an hour today. Anyway got some work done bending aswell. 

DO

6mm nail x3 

7mm nail x2 

Horrido 8.8 single leathers 5 degrees (which is a PR because I've never tried it) 

Horrido finishing the 5 degrees prekinked bar (in 8min 50 second xD) biggest fight I've had with steel, very good mental fight. 

One imp DO: 

6mm nail 5" x3 

7mm nail 6.5" x1 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1620932548389_6798683871442196985.jpeg

• Like 7

@David_wigren said he would explain the "physics" of crushing steel one day.

@Lennix and I are eagerly waiting

AddText_05-14-11.12.48.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

@David_wigren said he would explain the "physics" of crushing steel one day.

@Lennix and I are eagerly waiting

AddText_05-14-11.12.48.jpg

Physics? I though we all were just smashing? Have you guys tried smashing?? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lennix said:

Physics? I though we all were just smashing? Have you guys tried smashing?? 

*Thmashing

• Haha 1

DO Bending (alittle too soon from last time but I really wanted to try the steel Agent @david_wigren sent me 

6mm nail 180mm x1 

7mm nail 210mm x2 

8mm stainless 7" 20 degrees WOW 

8mm stainless 7" other batch in sub 1 minute 

So david wanted to learn me a lesson about how steel can vary. It worked 😂 I've tried 2 batches of stainless before and they were okay, hard fight on the 6.5" SS from Finland but still 1 min 16 seconds. This piece of Stainless wouldn't move over 20 degrees even after taking a break etc! Eye opener. 

• Like 4

And that is also true with brand bars. If you bend a bastard, shiny bastard, hex or whatever. You can’t compare yourself to other people who’s bent those bars in the past. I mean, the shiny bastard from fbbc have varied from 420 all the way up to 590 at 7”. Also the red has of course varied greatly. Hrs for the braced bar bends vary, horseshoes vary, everything varies to the extent where comparisons are not really possible unless you’re all bending from exactly the same bar that has been cut.

• Like 5

12mm x 17.5" S235 HRS braced warmup

12mm x 17.5" Rebar moved to about 10 degrees. Getting better at the between the leg kink 

Red nail pre kinked 15 degrees cert style DO fail

Horrido A2 6.5" reverse Doubles moved to 25 degrees

8mm x 7" rebar reverse single leather 50 degrees

20210518_202804.jpg

• Like 5

Managed to finish a 5” 12.9 bolt in cert conditions yesterday. Also attempted a 8:8 snap but went over the time and got it at 5:40 with 38 opens before it snapped.

Also attempted a 6” A2 bolt with Horne wraps touching DU. Only got about 5-10 degrees. Need to get stronger.

4AB34F8D-AAF5-49E0-9F83-A652B6DE1307.jpeg

• Like 6

Inspired by Davids braced bend I took a hammer and hit the inside of my legs repeatedly until bruised. Or that's atleast what braced bending feels like -.- 

8.8 braced no movement 

G8 207k super easy 

8.8 noooo movement at all 

Some DO mobility work 

• Like 3

7mm x 210mm nail barehand to 20 degrees. The nail head ripped off some skin so I had to stop there. Moved the nail to a little past 90 degrees with pads and crushed it down barehanded. The crush was the easiest part as the skin on my palms is the toughest. 

12mm x 17.5" rebar ISOS

207k G8 bolt wraps touching no movement

20210520_180043.jpg

• Like 3

7mm 210mm nail reverse snap 2min 20 seconds 

7mm 210mm nail barehanded inspired by memeguy to 40 degrees couldn't sweep so quit 

A2 5" preworked to 25 degrees, got it to just below 40 degrees. 

• Like 8