Kerckhaert Horseshoe Benders Ranking

Slippery Pete

SKO.thumb.jpg.ff545b52ade44590b1419829aa6888ff.jpg

1. Vladislav Shcherbakov, RUSSIA - DF#5 25x10 in 1.25’’ wraps - 2021-09-01 Video
2. Alexander Belov, RUSSIA - DF#0 22x8 in 1.25'' wraps, no leg pad - 2021-10-23, Video
3. Anton Sidén, SWEDEN - SSP#5 22x10 in 1.25'' wraps - 2022-01-09, Video
4. Andrey Vinogradov, RUSSIA - DF#4 25x8  in 1.5'' wraps - 2021-05-10, Video

5. Carl-August Mertz, GERMANY - SX7#4x0 18x7 in 1.25'' wraps 2021-05-26, Video
6. Florian Faisstnauer, AUSTRIA - SX7#0 18x7 in 1.25’’ wraps - 2022-01-23 Video
6. Yeskuat Kabiyev, KAZAKHSTAN - SX7#0 18x7 (SC) in 1.25’’ wraps - 2022-01-27 Video
7 Mike Johns, CANADA - SX7#1 in 1,25'' wraps, no leg pad - 2022-04-05 - Video
8. Cody Christensen, USA - SX7#2 in 1.25'' wraps - 2022-01-14, Video
Zach Staniewicz, USA - SX7#2 in 1,25'' wraps - 2022-04-10 - Video
9. Martin Arjoon, USA - TNC#2 18x6 in 1.5'' wraps, no leg pad - 2022-05-24, Video

Rules

1. The horseshoe bend must be completed within 5 minutes. Time starts at the first hit and stops after the last one.

2. The horseshoe must be bent past 180 degrees. 
Exhibit the bent horseshoe on a flat surface to show that atleast one leg is free from the surface. The entire shoe must be in frame while this action is taking place.

3. Wraps can be no thicker than 1.5" in diameter when rolled up in the same direction as they will be wrapped on the horseshoe. 
This must be demonstrated by passing the wraps through a 1.5" hole. The hole must be of rigid material so not to expand while the wraps are passing through.
If you can show that the wraps are single wraps of known brand, for example Ironmind pads, Horrido, GBI etc. (bend will count as under 1.25'') Then no hole is needed for displaying the thickness of wraps. 
Wraps shall be the standard width of 4 inches/10cm. Wraps can with use get deformed and slightly wider, thats okay. But intentionally wider wraps are not allowed. (New)

4. If the the bend is done in wraps under 1.25'', it will give a higher placement than the same shoe bent in 1.5'' wraps. 
Wraps under 1.25'' without leg pad earns the highest placement.

5. Leg padding has to be textile. For example, suede, cordura, denim, towel etc. Present what the padding consist of by folding or unfold it on video.

6. Make sure to display the horseshoe thoroughly before wraping and after the bend. Numbers, markings and all angles of the center of the shoe to prove that no modifications has been made. Used horseshoes are not allowed.
Horseshoe, wraps and leg pad must be in the frame of the camera throughout the entire bend.
The video must be in clear focus with good light.

7. All the measurements must be done with a digital caliper - width and thickness of the horseshoe and hole diameter for wraps measurement.

8. No sleeves or wrapping of the elbows, wrist or hands is allowed. 

9. The horseshoe is not allowed to be bent under your feet. Leaning/bracing against a wall or object is prohibited.

10. Bends from the past are awesome. But for this list only bend from this day and forward (2021-05-06) is accepted. 

When you have made an attempt: Send me an message here on Gripboard or to antonsiden on Instagram. Include video link, date of bend, first/last name and country.

Horseshoes that will earn you a placement on the ranking (from easy to hard): 

(FC=Frontclipped, UC=unclipped)

1. King Steel DR - #7/32 FC
2. King Steel DR - #6/30 FC
3. TDR 16x8 #2
4. TDR 16x8 #1
5. TDR 16x8 #0
6. TNC 18x6 #2
7. TNC 18x6 #1
8. TNC 18x6 #0
9. SX7 18x7 #2 UC
10. SX7 18x7 #1 UC 
11. SX7 18x7 #0 UC
12. SX7 18x7 #00 UC

13. SX7 18x7 #3x0 UC
14. SX7 18x7 #4x0 UC
15. Meister 22x8 D7 FC
16. SSP 22x8 #3 
17. DF 22x8 #3 FC
18. DF 25x8 #4 FC
19. DF 22x8 #2 FC
20. SSP 22x10 #5
21. SSP 18x8 #3x0
22. SSP 22x8 #0
23. DF 22x8 #1 FC
24. DF 22x8 #0 FC

25. SSP 22x10 #4
26. DF 22x10 #4 FC
27. SSP 22x10 #3
28. DF 25x10 #5 FC
29. SSP 22x10 #2
30. SSP 22x10 #1
31. DF 22x10 FC #1
32. DF 25x10 FC #4
33. DF 25x10 FC #3
34. WH 32x12 FC #8
35. WH 32x12 FC #6

This ranking list is influenced by "Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List"
I wanted to create an open horseshoe ladder that might get more people hooked on horseshoe bending, and start their climb unto bigger and harder shoes.
For elite benders that already entered the "Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List" I have some rule changes that will give them the chance to bend even more challenging shoes due to greater time limit and wraps.
To make the list of shoes less messy, I restricted it to Kerckhaert only.

Huge thanks to Carl-August Mertz, David Wigren and Ivan Beritashvili for valuable insights and knowledge!

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 8

Thank you brother for letting me know about this and I look forward to making the list! Thanks again my friend!🤙

• Thanks 1

A couple of days have past since the launch of this list. Yesterday I thought that I might as well make an attempt myself. This bend is judged and accepted by Carl-August Mertz.

I have talked to some of our fellow benders, and I think we can expect more attempts coming in next week!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Horrido said:

Great bend, Anton!

And nice to see a Kerckhaert List.

Thanks Jan :)

I know you don't do much horseshoes, but it would be great to see you on the list!

• Like 1

I’ll probably start climbing this list this summer.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

A couple of days have past since the launch of this list. Yesterday I thought that I might as well make an attempt myself. This bend is judged and accepted by Carl-August Mertz.

I have talked to some of our fellow benders, and I think we can expect more attempts coming in next week!

_Great bend brother! Thanks again for launching this!🤙🤝🤙__________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Awesome! Looking forward to it 

43 minutes ago, Ole' Puller said:

Thank you for the support! 

• Like 1

Martin Arjoon just bent the TNC 18x6 #2 in 1.25'' wraps without leg pad in just ten seconds! There is alot more in the tank for him and it will be intresting to see him move unto harder shoes.

Since the roll of wraps was perfectly round and no pressure was added on the wraps from the caliper, I accept it without the 1.25'' hole.
If it would have hard to tell it would have been listed as a bend done in 1.5''.

Edited by Slippery Pete
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Anton for posting this, much appreciated brother! I look forward to moving towards tougher bends!🤝

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

Thanks Jan :)

I know you don't do much horseshoes, but it would be great to see you on the list!

Yeah, but I will do a bend for the list for sure this year.

• Like 2

Andrey Vinogradov, who holds the 19th place on the "Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List" made a great bend to enter this list yesterday!
Super strong guy and most likely one of the best horseshoe benders pound for pound out there

• Like 3

Fantastic bend Andrey! Terrific brother!👊🤝👊

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 6:31 PM, David_wigren said:

Finally I will see how to bend WH 😊

On 5/11/2021 at 10:27 AM, Slippery Pete said:

Andrey Vinogradov, who holds the 19th place on the "Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List" made a great bend to enter this list yesterday!
Super strong guy and most likely one of the best horseshoe benders pound for pound out there

Has anyone told Robert Nejedly of this list thing? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BottledCitrus said:

Has anyone told Robert Nejedly of this list thing? 

I am pretty sure that he knows the list.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Horrido said:

I am pretty sure that he knows the list.

I'll reach out to him .. I chatted with him about a month before the list started so I'll drop a line just in case he's not familiar. It would be super to see Robert on the list!🤙

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

NEW BEND!

Today Carl-August Mertz entered the Kerckhaert Rankings with style. He took a SX7 #4x0 and smashed it under 15 seconds, with that bend completed he has now bent a total of 1000 horseshoes.
When he has accomplished his long bar goals I'm looking forward to see him go for some PR horseshoe bends!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 4

Too easy for Kalli, but really nice bend. There is a lot more in the tank and we will see bigger bends for sure.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the first place Alexander!

Great bend done with ease! Also perfectly demonstrated video. Looking forward to your next attempt!

• Like 1

Yesterday I added the SSP 22x8 #0 to the list, and in all haste I missplaced it on the ladder. It was listed as 23th and is now the 22th shoe under DF 22x8 #1

Which also means that Alexander Belov improved his result with this DF 22x8 #1 bend.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, Slippery Pete said:

NEW BEND!

Today Carl-August Mertz entered the Kerckhaert Rankings with style. He took a SX7 #4x0 and smashed it under 15 seconds, with that bend completed he has now bent a total of 1000 horseshoes.
When he has accomplished his long bar goals I'm looking forward to see him go for some PR horseshoe bends!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Terrific bend Carl! It's awesome to see you on the list brother!🤝

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:22 AM, Alexander Belov said:

Привет.Я Александр Белов.Вот моя попытка сертификации.

Congratulations Alexander! Super bend!🤙🤝🤙

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to seeing people progress on this list.  Love me some shoe bending.  Unfortunately, I can't play since my new titanium hip would give me an unfair advantage.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1