Jump to content

Prelim Standard ratings data


Cannon
 Share

Recommended Posts

What's up Nerds. Here is some ratings data:

image.png

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, I know it's a small sample size but those looks like some extremely tight ranges. These have to be some of the most consistent grippers available. Do you see any reasons that may change through future batches? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Wow, I know it's a small sample size but those looks like some extremely tight ranges. These have to be some of the most consistent grippers available. Do you see any reasons that may change through future batches? 

We have the manufacturer strictly controlling the specific mounting depths. But it’s impossible to remove all variation. Each time springs are reordered it will be necessary to revisit the mounting depth to ensure the desired result. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got mine today! Very well made. Kinda reminds me of Tettings without the pins.

had to add...they are more identical to silvis grippers .

Edited by slazbob
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Damn, I don't need anymore grippers and I really don't want anymore either. But I still want to order some >.> Funny how that works

the curse of the grippermaniacs :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great stuff. Not a day too late to have a gripper that consistently rates in the 160's. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

those 140s and 150s are feeling sorely unrepresented!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

those 140s and 150s are feeling sorely unrepresented!

I have so many grippers rated 145-155 that I just say, fuggem.  Fuggem all.  Bring me 130s and 160s!

Edited by Vinnie
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I got my 138 and 164 yesterday actually.  I agree with SlazBob, they remind me more of Tettings than any other brand.  And I like Tettings.  I like these.  Seem well made, feel good in the hand, and will try to get one closer to 160.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got mine in the mail today, looks real nice

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I have so many grippers rated 145-155 that I just say, fuggem.  Fuggem all.  Bring me 130s and 160s!

yeah it seems like a crowded space for sure, i was just giving him a hard time!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We definitely targeted the strengths for 3 major spots that are hard to service. Anything consistently 95, 135 to 140 and 190 to 195 basically didn’t exist. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got mine in and I love them! Got mine with the Brass tags and my Fe #139 is my new go to gripper for work. Also like how you painted in the Fe on the handle Matt.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, benjaminBoy said:

Got mine in and I love them! Got mine with the Brass tags and my Fe #139 is my new go to gripper for work. Also like how you painted in the Fe on the handle Matt.

Oooo, so we considered the black fill and decided not to add the cost and time for the manufacturer to add that. There are only TWO grippers at each level that exist with the black fill 🤯.  So you have one of the two Irons like that. 😁

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Oooo, so we considered the black fill and decided not to add the cost and time for the manufacturer to add that. There are only TWO grippers at each level that exist with the black fill 🤯.  So you have one of the two Irons like that. 😁

eBay!  lol

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 5:45 PM, Cannon said:

We definitely targeted the strengths for 3 major spots that are hard to service. Anything consistently 95, 135 to 140 and 190 to 195 basically didn’t exist. 

I have a GripGenie #5 from  you Cannon's rated at 134. And I'm real happy with it cause it's so rare, I think the average GG #5 rating is 150ish.

I'll be getting all the Standard Grippers because their real nice and the rating numbers are great. 

But first I must finish my collection of CoC grippers all rated 2 to 3 lbs apart. 50 or 60 grippers or more. The more the merrier lol. I love CoC. There my favorite. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I managed to snag a 136lbs rated Standard Iron/fe. A fairly rare rating what will be a nice step up from my coc 2.5 rated 126lbs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I managed to snag a 136lbs rated Standard Iron/fe. A fairly rare rating what will be a nice step up from my coc 2.5 rated 126lbs.

Nice. This is the beauty of it though. 135 to 140 is no longer a rare rating. Effectively all Fe grippers will be in that range. As long as we can keep them in stock is the only issue right now! 😅

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Cannon said:

Nice. This is the beauty of it though. 135 to 140 is no longer a rare rating. Effectively all Fe grippers will be in that range. As long as we can keep them in stock is the only issue right now! 😅

Yes true, this will be the go to gripper for that range. Yes keeping them in stock will be easier said than done 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 10:23 AM, Cannon said:

What's up Nerds. Here is some ratings data:

image.png

 

 

 

Updated 

The lows and highs are hanging in there for the most part; very little movement with 376 of these rated now. 

prelimSTANDARD.png

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.