Hand gripper review: Captains of Crush

Terry Conjugate Iron

49 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

It's awesome I can nearly close the highest setting I am so close but I have to be patient.

Fine! I'm looking it up online sheeesh lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

John insewar I was just talking about it with my girl. About the Baraban though. No idea where I'm gonna get the Ivanko here in Greece man.. 

Don't get the baraban adjustable chrome edition the chrome layer comes off and gives you splinters.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Don't get the baraban adjustable chrome edition the chrome layer comes off and gives you splinters.

I was looking at the green and the black ones they have. Cool looking grippers. If I could, I'd just order their whole gripper line... Gorgeous grippers man. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I was looking at the green and the black ones they have. Cool looking grippers. If I could, I'd just order their whole gripper line... Gorgeous grippers man. 

Also don't buy the ones with the N in their name those are narrow grippers and they are way easier than regular ones. Unless you want some "easy" gripper of course.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Have you ever used thumb screw made by either David Horne or Baraban... I just bought the one made by Baraban off Amazon. Can't wait, want to build up my thumb pad to help with setting the grippers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Have you ever used thumb screw made by either David Horne or Baraban... I just bought the one made by Baraban off Amazon. Can't wait, want to build up my thumb pad to help with setting the grippers

No I have not I am going to buy them in the future though.

I use a ponyclamp for my thumb.

I just want to get the thumbscrews for dynamic pinching.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I've heard about ponyclamps and they look very helpful. Until owning one; i use one of those gripper bagel/donuts for my thumbs by pinching it between both digits, and my index/middle together. it seems to make somewhat of a difference after some time :D 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DevilErik said:

yeah, i want them for that too. I would have bought from World of Grip, but they didn't have any.  Then yesterday I learned Baraban makes them too.   I've had a couple bad tendon tears in my left thumb... It doesn't bother me now, but I want to keep it that way.    

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

yeah, i want them for that too. I would have bought from World of Grip, but they didn't have any.  Then yesterday I learned Baraban makes them too.   I've had a couple bad tendon tears in my left thumb... It doesn't bother me now, but I want to keep it that way.    

Damn man that sucks I would go very light then.

Dynamic pinching doesn't really carry over to anything else anyway so you could just build up your thumbpad with 20-30 rep sets.

Edited by DevilErik

9 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

I've heard about ponyclamps and they look very helpful. Until owning one; i use one of those gripper bagel/donuts for my thumbs by pinching it between both digits, and my index/middle together. it seems to make somewhat of a difference after some time :D 

My ponyclamp was like 3-4 euros they are super cheap but super helpful just make sure you don't go too hard because they can cause joint pain.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Also don't buy the ones with the N in their name those are narrow grippers and they are way easier than regular ones. Unless you want some "easy" gripper of course.

I wasn't aware of that. Luckily the one I'm looking at says smth like 7.23cm width or something similar to that. 

Although I just found out my dad will be hospitalized and I was planning on visiting him next month. So I might have to put that on hold for a while. We'll see 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I wasn't aware of that. Luckily the one I'm looking at says smth like 7.23cm width or something similar to that. 

Although I just found out my dad will be hospitalized and I was planning on visiting him next month. So I might have to put that on hold for a while. We'll see 

Damn man I am sorry to hear that.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Best wishes for your dad... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevilErik said:

Damn man that sucks I would go very light then.

Dynamic pinching doesn't really carry over to anything else anyway so you could just build up your thumbpad with 20-30 rep sets.

Thanks, that is basically all I care about.  Knock on wood, it hasn't hurt for 5 years, but it took 2-3 years to fully heal.... I think it will especially when I start Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

Also I'm loving the Vulcan... I'm glad I bought the Ivanko too.  Being a lefty, It feels more neutral in my hand. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks, that is basically all I care about.  Knock on wood, it hasn't hurt for 5 years, but it took 2-3 years to fully heal.... I think it will especially when I start Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

Also I'm loving the Vulcan... I'm glad I bought the Ivanko too.  Being a lefty, It feels more neutral in my hand. 

I feel the same way my left hand is about the same strength as my right on the Ivanko while my left hand sucks on the Vulcan.

I don't really train my left hand at all when using the vulcan because it also tends to rip open my hand which is very dangerous.

Brazillian Jiu-jitsu is awesome.

• Like 1

I just had my first real gripper workout with my new  grippers.

I am like a cm maybe less away from no setting my 300 lbs gripper which means I am not far away from being able to cert on the number 3 coc without a set.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Damn man I am sorry to hear that.

Appreciate it! He's been feverish for a month so he needs to go and see that's up. Haven seen him since I moved back from Iceland early 2019. Covid took good care of that apparently 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Best wishes for your dad... 

Appreciate it man, he was alright when we talked. Just need to see why his red blood cells are low. Let's see.. 

Just now, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Appreciate it! He's been feverish for a month so he needs to go and see that's up. Haven seen him since I moved back from Iceland early 2019. Covid took good care of that apparently 

Hopefully he'll be alright.

Damn man that must really suck.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Hopefully he'll be alright.

Damn man that must really suck.

It sucks hard yeah. I'm kinda used to it, lived on abroad for 8 years. The irony of it is that I saw him more often when I lived in Iceland haha wtf. 

He's getting older though and I wish I could be closer to him. I told him I'll crush him like a bug next time I see him haha.... We crack jokes like that.. 

1 minute ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

It sucks hard yeah. I'm kinda used to it, lived on abroad for 8 years. The irony of it is that I saw him more often when I lived in Iceland haha wtf. 

He's getting older though and I wish I could be closer to him. I told him I'll crush him like a bug next time I see him haha.... We crack jokes like that.. 

I understand that you wish you could be closer.

Haha that's fun .

Edited by DevilErik
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I feel the same way my left hand is about the same strength as my right on the Ivanko while my left hand sucks on the Vulcan.

I don't really train my left hand at all when using the vulcan because it also tends to rip open my hand which is very dangerous.

Brazillian Jiu-jitsu is awesome.

Do you use chalk when using the grippers?  That might help with the left hand.. You are clearly strong enough. I'm very excited to try it out. I'm just so busy all the time, I feel overwhelmed just trying to add it in to my life. But i just gotta do it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Do you use chalk when using the grippers?  That might help with the left hand.. You are clearly strong enough. I'm very excited to try it out. I'm just so busy all the time, I feel overwhelmed just trying to add it in to my life. But i just gotta do it.

Yeah I do use chalk the Vulcan is just very hard on my left hand for some reason.

Just don't go too hard while doing BJJ because the more you add to your routine the more likely you are to get injured.

I noticed this back when I was doing heavy bag training once a week.

I would do resistance training 4 times a week and boxing once a week and I immediately started noticing that I was feeling more beat up.

So make sure to watch your intensity and volume.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1