Cannon

Got my first one today!

IMG_20210820_190916.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, stranger said:

PXL_20210903_214634283.jpg

PXL_20210903_214640060.jpg

Damn, they look so amazing, wish I had more of these. Literally top tier grippers. Dreaming of a Titanium that's 180+, as soon as one appears, I'm getting it! :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 10:25 PM, Cannon said:

For sure! Any info you want. 

In general they are just under 3”.  Average probably 2.85” to 3”.

The mandrel that the springs are made on can only fine tune the preload angle to certain increments. This effectively sets the eventual spread which is one of the major elements that determines the final rating as well. Of the choices we had between 2.5” and 3” we had to lean on the one that hit the numbers we wanted, and that was 2.85 to 3” spreads. 

Matt, please add this information to your sales page on cannonpowerworks. I could not find any information on handle spread on your site. Would be nice to also have information on handle spread of other brands too.

• 4 weeks later...

Took my 164 Cobalt for a ride yesterday. 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Is there any chance of adding another standard gripper to the current line up? Fe maxes at 140, and Co's lowest is 160. That's a 20 RGC gap where it is really difficult to find anything in the high 150's, because anything like a really heavy CoC3 or a really light 3.5 are very uncommon. 157-158 seems impossible to find. I've been looking for a 158 for months lol :3, it would seem like a good addition to fill in a much needed gap for people transitioning from average CoC3's to average CoC 3.5's etc

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 3:57 PM, C8Myotome said:

Is there any chance of adding another standard gripper to the current line up? Fe maxes at 140, and Co's lowest is 160. That's a 20 RGC gap where it is really difficult to find anything in the high 150's, because anything like a really heavy CoC3 or a really light 3.5 are very uncommon. 157-158 seems impossible to find. I've been looking for a 158 for months lol :3, it would seem like a good addition to fill in a much needed gap for people transitioning from average CoC3's to average CoC 3.5's etc

Truthfully there are no more springs to add in that range. Only certain diameter wire is commercially available. You can play with the coil diameter and mounting depth, both of which we had to do for Standard. (Standard has a slightly larger coil.)  Basically all major brands are using the same wire diameters and then also the same coil diameters. This left HUGE dead zones at 90-95, 135-140, 160-165 and 190-195. The original intention for Standard was to address those 4 gaps because grippers which reliably fell in those ranges essentially did not exist. Ultimately, we used most of the available wire diameters to round out the line to 9 grippers. There is one spring wire we skipped in the lower ranges... I think 0.243". Those grippers are some of the most redundant in terms of resulting strength levels. 

Some Cobalts are going as low as 158. But you're right, 155-160 is one of the more difficult ranges to cover at this point. So is 180-185 but we are thinking about pushing Titanium up to 180-185 because the 175 range is pretty well covered and doesn't sell very well anyway. 

Which is another concern here.. selling. We have to order hundreds of springs in order for the grippers to be economical at all. Making springs to fill smaller and smaller gaps doesn't really pan out. It's a better solution to file a gripper or use a Bumper. 

• Like 3

On 9/18/2022 at 3:57 PM, C8Myotome said:

I've been looking for a 158 for months lol :3

We have some "error" Fe grippers which came out way too wide. One of them is 158. Want that? 3-1/8" spread. The Fe symbol will have a slash / through the stamp to designate it is was not sold as a "normal" Fe. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

We have some "error" Fe grippers which came out way too wide. One of them is 158. Want that? 3-1/8" spread. The Fe symbol will have a slash / through the stamp to designate it is was not sold as a "normal" Fe. 

Yes ill email you