Jump to content

Standard Grippers NOW AVAILABLE


Cannon
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I had the 180 and the 192 in my cart and PayPal wouldn’t work!

I had to go back to work and they were gone when I got home. 

Wowzers. We will have more coming as soon as possible. 

In general, all of these have been incredibly consistently where we wanted them in terms of ratings. You should have no problem getting 180 and 192 in the coming weeks as we are able to get more product. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Wowzers. We will have more coming as soon as possible. 

In general, all of these have been incredibly consistently where we wanted them in terms of ratings. You should have no problem getting 180 and 192 in the coming weeks as we are able to get more product. 

Matt-

185 is a great number if you can make that happen for me 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

Matt-

185 is a great number if you can make that happen for me 😉

That is unlikely, but you never know. It would take an uncommonly low Tungsten and so far none have been below 190. Titanium should average 175 and the highest one so far is that 180 you tried for. I don't believe Ti will get to 185. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered a Few, can't wait to get these.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, liftyzig said:

You're still ahead of me, I havent closed the 151 #3 yet and I cant TNS my #2, meanwhile you can TNS a 2.5

oh ok, I am at about 160 on a good day and low 150s on a bad day, so I won't give up yet.  But you just started.  My days are numbered ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

You know Vinnie, I think I have been at the same level now for a long while. No matter what, I see no indication of progress. Of course, the hope is still there that soon hopefully it'll get better. But when you have had that mentality for a year or 2, looking at it objectively it is kind of.. yeah, you have to be realistic.

Do you still see progress? Have you found something that works at the "advanced" level? I'm getting tired of thinking about ways to progress and getting my hopes up, only to found out after a while that nope, this idea didn't help anything either 😅 it takes alot more energy than it gives in the end imo.

I have gotten better for the 3-4 years I have been doing this, but it goes in fits and starts and not a lot at a time.  So by the end of 2017 I could close a hard 2.5, beginning of 2018 an easy 3, then no real progress for a year or so, then 2019 some harder 3s and MM1, then 2020 seemed like no progress until May or so and suddenly I broke past 150 RGC and August I got MM2, and I have not passed about that level now in mid-2021 but just the other day I doubled or maybe almost doubled my 160 RGC COC 3, so I'm thinking I could be inching up a little more.

In my view, there is still marginal room for progress, but probably not MM3 or 3.5 type gains, more like just inching up my goal gripper a little and MAYBE there is hope for IM cert of COC3 but I still have only ever ccset a 143 RGC 3 and I'm not sending for it until I can do at least 150 that way.

So I do think there is a limit to each body, at least a soft one in a general range.  People sometimes give me flack and say "If you think you'll never close the 4, you'll never close the 4" -- and that is true.  And it may be true even for someone who might otherwise have been able to close the 4.  But, I think I will never close the 4 lol.  I just don't think my 52-year-old 175 pound body with mild heart failure is gonna be closing the 4, and I also don't think that the reason I'm not gonna do it is that I said I don't think I'm gonna do it lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

You know Vinnie, I think I have been at the same level now for a long while. No matter what, I see no indication of progress. Of course, the hope is still there that soon hopefully it'll get better. But when you have had that mentality for a year or 2, looking at it objectively it is kind of.. yeah, you have to be realistic.

Do you still see progress? Have you found something that works at the "advanced" level? I'm getting tired of thinking about ways to progress and getting my hopes up, only to found out after a while that nope, this idea didn't help anything either 😅 it takes alot more energy than it gives in the end imo.

And I think the two little things I do differently lately than before:

(1) I try to do a little pinch and a little sledge hammer stuff the day before I go for PR in grippers; I feel like I see some correlation with better closes, but I don't document so I can't be sure.

(2) I do fewer sets and reps and spend more effort at picking the right numbers to do singles with.  I rarely do more than 3 or 4 reps with COC 2.5 and above after my warm up sets with COC 1s and 2s.  It was after Chez told me this that I broke through 150 and improved my best close to 160ish.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I have gotten better for the 3-4 years I have been doing this, but it goes in fits and starts and not a lot at a time.  So by the end of 2017 I could close a hard 2.5, beginning of 2018 an easy 3, then no real progress for a year or so, then 2019 some harder 3s and MM1, then 2020 seemed like no progress until May or so and suddenly I broke past 150 RGC and August I got MM2, and I have not passed about that level now in mid-2021 but just the other day I doubled or maybe almost doubled my 160 RGC COC 3, so I'm thinking I could be inching up a little more.

In my view, there is still marginal room for progress, but probably not MM3 or 3.5 type gains, more like just inching up my goal gripper a little and MAYBE there is hope for IM cert of COC3 but I still have only ever ccset a 143 RGC 3 and I'm not sending for it until I can do at least 150 that way.

So I do think there is a limit to each body, at least a soft one in a general range.  People sometimes give me flack and say "If you think you'll never close the 4, you'll never close the 4" -- and that is true.  And it may be true even for someone who might otherwise have been able to close the 4.  But, I think I will never close the 4 lol.  I just don't think my 52-year-old 175 pound body with mild heart failure is gonna be closing the 4, and I also don't think that the reason I'm not gonna do it is that I said I don't think I'm gonna do it lol.

I think you can close a #3.5 Vinnie. Just stick with it and stay healthy and free from injuries and it will happen for you.

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

You know Vinnie, I think I have been at the same level now for a long while. No matter what, I see no indication of progress. Of course, the hope is still there that soon hopefully it'll get better. But when you have had that mentality for a year or 2, looking at it objectively it is kind of.. yeah, you have to be realistic.

Do you still see progress? Have you found something that works at the "advanced" level? I'm getting tired of thinking about ways to progress and getting my hopes up, only to found out after a while that nope, this idea didn't help anything either 😅 it takes alot more energy than it gives in the end imo.

Once you've reached advanced level and a huge plateau the only thing that will work for you is hard work and discipline. Everything that worked before may not work anymore. You need to be very dedicated and work very hard from this point. In my opinion the hardest part with this is the mental aspect.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Cannon said:

Holy crap guys. I never thought it would be like this, but at the current pace it looks like Iron through Tungsten (the top 4 levels) will sell out today. If you want one now, don’t wait.

There will always be more but there is lead time to restock. Just trying to help you plan. 

These are here to stay right? They’re not limited-time only?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

These are here to stay right? They’re not limited-time only?

Correct. Here to stay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

And I think the two little things I do differently lately than before:

(1) I try to do a little pinch and a little sledge hammer stuff the day before I go for PR in grippers; I feel like I see some correlation with better closes, but I don't document so I can't be sure.

(2) I do fewer sets and reps and spend more effort at picking the right numbers to do singles with.  I rarely do more than 3 or 4 reps with COC 2.5 and above after my warm up sets with COC 1s and 2s.  It was after Chez told me this that I broke through 150 and improved my best close to 160ish.

Funny you mentioned the sledge...when I do progressive warmups with one in between gripper sets I’m stronger on the closes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hopefully said:

You know Vinnie, I think I have been at the same level now for a long while. No matter what, I see no indication of progress. Of course, the hope is still there that soon hopefully it'll get better. But when you have had that mentality for a year or 2, looking at it objectively it is kind of.. yeah, you have to be realistic.

Do you still see progress? Have you found something that works at the "advanced" level? I'm getting tired of thinking about ways to progress and getting my hopes up, only to found out after a while that nope, this idea didn't help anything either 😅 it takes alot more energy than it gives in the end imo.

The Vulcan gave me real gains I’d been slacking. The newer v2 I’m not a fan of. I do have one from 2013? I think ...and the handle is filed and have been doing very well with it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

So I mean, it isn't looking too good

Have you taken breaks and come back to it?  Seems like if I let it slide for a couple of months, then when I come back I end up getting a little further once I get back into it.  Also, how old are you?  I'm thinking not as old as me (52 next week), but it is true that at some point you are going to have a downward trajectory -- I probably already do, but since I started working out older, I have improved more than that downward vector so I get net gains, but that has to turn around as I get closer to my marginal limits which must not be too far off ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Allright, good that you can still get some gains :)

Well, I have yet to see some proof that it is possible. At least for me. It is nice to be positive and so on but it also needs to happen something concrete every now and then.

After reading alot of past logs here I have yet to see someone overcome this level of plateau that I am experiencing. I have seen my situation with a lot of people and I don't think I have seen anyone of them go further. So I mean, it isn't looking too good 😅

If you don't believe it's possible then it will not be possible. Because who would put down the work necessary if they don't believe in it? The answer is nobody. That's where the mental aspect of it comes into play.

Don't take this the wrong way but everybody "works hard". I have never heard anyone say that they don't. The truth is of course that everybody can't work as hard as they think (it includes me as well). Nobody knows their true potential and I don't think most people really understand how much more work they actually can do to reach their full potential. Very few people really have that type of dedication and passion for something. 

And lets be honest, what we're doing doesn't generate any extra incentive like winning big money etc. So it's extremely hard to really push yourself to your true boundaries.

Elite level athletes who make big money in their sports will get much closer to doing that than probably over 90% of us grip people ever will.

Also I can say that I have reached many big plateaus with grippers. I was stuck for years on a low level, training low volume just didn't work at all for me so I had to do something drastically different. I was also stuck for years later on a higher level, then again I managed to do more volume and I made more gains. It really looked impossible for me. But for me, high volume is the key, it's just a matter if I can handle it or not, if the intensity is too high it gets too much. Progress can take years because of this.

When you mention Morgan it's very important to realize that he had a very long backround in bodybuilding before he started grippers. So without that background he would never had made those type of gains that fast. This is true for everybody I know who made really fast and big gains in grip. They always have a background in strength training of some sort, whether it's training in a gym or manual labor. They already have the muscle before they start.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

If you don't believe it's possible then it will not be possible.

While this may be true, our grip colleague Hopefully and I are not really saying anything inconsistent with that.  What we are saying is that some things are not possible even if you believe they are -- this is different.  In other words, believing you can do it is a NECESSARY prerequisite to success, but not always a SUFFICIENT one.  You might be sure to fail if you doubt yourself, but you still cannot guarantee success by believing in yourself.  It is like believing in a particular god may be a necessary prerequisite to getting the afterlife benefits conferred by that god, but it will not be a sufficient condition if, for example, that god does not exist or otherwise dings you.  This is also quite like when celebrities tell starving wanna-be actors that they should just keep working three jobs waiting tables and going to auditions for nothing parts, because that's the way the celebrity made it and you won't make it if you don't do that.  And true, you probably won't make it if you don't put in that effort -- but 99 per cent of those starving wannabe actors WILL PUT IN THAT EFFORT AND NOT MAKE IT ANYWAY.

Point being, while you are right that if you tell yourself you will never close a COC 4 with a credit card set, you most certainly won't close it.  But not everyone can close it even if they DO think they will.  Most will still fail that feat.

This is not debatable.  Most people, no matter what they wish to do or try to do, will NEVER CC set a COC 4.  It is simply beyond the outside physical limitations of most people.  Sure, there are some who could have gotten to that level if they believed in themselves but never tried hard enough.  I am not talking about that.   For example, if I make it my life's work, I COULD most likely get the IM cert for COC 3.  I may or may not put in the work.  We can debate if maybe I might ever be able to close MM3, also.  But IM cert the 4?  Close MM8?  No.  Not me, not ever, and that is not because I don't believe in myself.  I can make it my life's work to do that, and I never will succeed.  It's not possible with my body, nor will I bench 600 or deadlift 900.  Or run a 4 minute mile.  We can argue about the limits any one of us is constrained by, but it is naive to suggest that there are no limits, or that the limit is the same for every person despite their physical differences.  There is nothing wrong with setting sights high, either.  But it is not wrong to recognize that at SOME POINT there is actually a limit, and nothing wrong with figuring out where your limits are.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

While this may be true, our grip colleague Hopefully and I are not really saying anything inconsistent with that.  What we are saying is that some things are not possible even if you believe they are -- this is different.  In other words, believing you can do it is a NECESSARY prerequisite to success, but not always a SUFFICIENT one.  You might be sure to fail if you doubt yourself, but you still cannot guarantee success by believing in yourself.  It is like believing in a particular god may be a necessary prerequisite to getting the afterlife benefits conferred by that god, but it will not be a sufficient condition if, for example, that god does not exist or otherwise dings you.  This is also quite like when celebrities tell starving wanna-be actors that they should just keep working three jobs waiting tables and going to auditions for nothing parts, because that's the way the celebrity made it and you won't make it if you don't do that.  And true, you probably won't make it if you don't put in that effort -- but 99 per cent of those starving wannabe actors WILL PUT IN THAT EFFORT AND NOT MAKE IT ANYWAY.

Point being, while you are right that if you tell yourself you will never close a COC 4 with a credit card set, you most certainly won't close it.  But not everyone can close it even if they DO think they will.  Most will still fail that feat.

This is not debatable.  Most people, no matter what they wish to do or try to do, will NEVER CC set a COC 4.  It is simply beyond the outside physical limitations of most people.  Sure, there are some who could have gotten to that level if they believed in themselves but never tried hard enough.  I am not talking about that.   For example, if I make it my life's work, I COULD most likely get the IM cert for COC 3.  I may or may not put in the work.  We can debate if maybe I might ever be able to close MM3, also.  But IM cert the 4?  Close MM8?  No.  Not me, not ever, and that is not because I don't believe in myself.  I can make it my life's work to do that, and I never will succeed.  It's not possible with my body, nor will I bench 600 or deadlift 900.  Or run a 4 minute mile.  We can argue about the limits any one of us is constrained by, but it is naive to suggest that there are no limits, or that the limit is the same for every person despite their physical differences.  There is nothing wrong with setting sights high, either.  But it is not wrong to recognize that at SOME POINT there is actually a limit, and nothing wrong with figuring out where your limits are.

I never said anything is possible. I said the opposite if you don't believe it's not possible. Big difference. Or a better way of putting it would be: If you don't believe in it, it's way more unlikely it will happen.

I completely agree otherwise. I also don't like that saying that "anything is possible if you believe in it".

As for the grippers, as soon as I can afford to buy some I'm really looking forward to try them. I want to close at least the Cobalt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who is making these grippers?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I want to close at least the Cobalt

My goal, too.  I ordered a Cobalt 164.  I've closed a 160 COC 3 and the MM2 (unrated Tetting but probably low 160s), but I cannot get very close on my next harder gripper, which is a COC 3.5 rated 168.  Depending on the feel of these new grippers, I imagine this Cobalt will be in the gap and make a nice goal gripper for me.  I was hoping to get the 161 that CPW listed at the same time, but it sold out first, no surprise.  On the other hand, different makes of grippers can be so different that this could feel easier than a 160 COC or harder than a 168 COC, who knows.  I'm sure that when we all start receiving our orders, we will post our impressions of these new grippers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 4:13 AM, Wannagrip said:

Who is making these grippers?

I missed this until now. They are made by small businesses in the USA. It's a CPW exclusive, coordinated by us and to our specifications. Kind of like other lines we have carried such as the Tetting Hybrids, SPECTRUM, and Baraban Hybrids. Those were all our ideas carried out to our specifications.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All these are back in stock except Gold. More of everything coming soon!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I missed this until now. They are made by small businesses in the USA. It's a CPW exclusive, coordinated by us and to our specifications. Kind of like other lines we have carried such as the Tetting Hybrids, SPECTRUM, and Baraban Hybrids. Those were all our ideas carried out to our specifications.   

Hey Matt, what about spectrum and baraban hybrids, are they coming back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, pancho_grip_lift said:

Hey Matt, what about spectrum and baraban hybrids, are they coming back?

Baraban yes, SPECTRUM no. Probably not the Hybrids either, they never sold very well. I think people just prefer filing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Cannon said:

I missed this until now. They are made by small businesses in the USA. It's a CPW exclusive, coordinated by us and to our specifications. Kind of like other lines we have carried such as the Tetting Hybrids, SPECTRUM, and Baraban Hybrids. Those were all our ideas carried out to our specifications.   

Awesome! Made in the USA! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Cannon said:

All these are back in stock except Gold. More of everything coming soon!  

The Platinum sold out quick!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gerryg said:

The Platinum sold out quick!

Yeah, vaporized. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.