Sumy Region Armwrestling Championship 2021

Ivan Pupchenko

Some video from Sumy Region Armwrestling Championship 2021.

I am very happy that my apprentices, winners and medalists of King Kong Roman Dubovich and Dima Gumenniy performed well on tournament. Dima took two second places in the -70kg Juniors category  and two second places in the -65kg Men category. And Roman - two first places in -70kg Juniors. My third recruit, Denis Sukhikh, became the third on the left hand in the open +80 Juniors category, despite the fact that he has been engaged in armwrestling only for two months and this was his first competition. All three of them qualified for the National Armwrestling Championship of Ukraine among Juniors.
I myself became the third in both hands in Open category (with my 99,8kg bw). Actually, I won against the opponent what I came to fight with (this is Evgeniy Litovcev, multiple national Champion, Champion and medalist of European and World Championships in -100 and -110kg cat-s) to this tournament and then refused to compete. Due to health problems, I haven't trained my biceps for a year and a half. No any reps in any exercise. Therefore, there was no point in further struggle for me. Moreover, I already missed the Ukrainian Championship due to my financial difficulties caused by lockdowns ... Anyway, I felt the strength to return to more serious armwrestling training, and I hope that in half a year or a year I will be able to show the best result! ... 

IMG_20210201_100436_389a.jpg

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

This tall young man can be a great toproller.   Does he know about it? :)

Denis really enjoys this sport and I hope his enthusiasm does not disappear! But now he has few muscles for a toproll)) 95kg by 207cm - these are only bones, he looks like spaghetti, despite the fact that he is much wider than me in the shoulders. Now he uses more side pressure, because his bench press is not bad for a beginner with a training experience of several months - 120kg. But in the future - yes. Toproll will be the priority of training and fighting on competitions! 

• Like 1